An organic health food store. Carries some vegan items including cheezly, mock meats, bread, and beauty products. Expanded and growing range of vegan and organic foods, and health & beauty products (May 2010). There's a tiny deli area near the cashiers, and all the salads are vegan as are most of the desserts. Convenient location for tourists as it's near the train station and Federation Square. more-less
260 Flinders Street, Shop 2 (opposite Flinders Street train station)
Melbourne, Victoria 3000

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by gr8vegan
Cynthia1998
Cynthia1998

Wish I had a place like this in WA!

4 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2014

Habib Wholefoods has such a broad range of vegan products I don't want to leave. It is large and stocks vegan treats that make my mouth water. The staff are friendly and the store is presented nicely. It's in a great location being across from Flinders St Station and I'd definitely return when back in Melbourne.

Pros: Many vegan products, Well priced
Chewbecca
Chewbecca

Great selection of vegan foods!

5 Posted on 01 / 06 / 2011

I love Habibs, and always visit whenever I'm in Victoria. He has a wonderful selection of vegan foods - everything from salads, wraps, frozen foods and desserts like cupcakes and cakes (ohh, the desserts are simply divine!). The owner is really friendly, helpful and knowledgeable when it comes to vegan products. A must for all vegans to visit! The one downside is that it's expensive -- I've seen some of the same products stocked in Habibs in places like Woolworths for half the price (but those products I would just buy in Woolworths anyway, and don't mind spending a bit of money on the products at Habibs that I wouldn't normally be able to find).

Pros: Great selection of vegan food, Convenient location, Great service
Cons: Expensive
  • Evehope Evehope

Hi, I was wondering if you knew the opening times?

purplesox
purplesox

Finally some cheese!

5 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2010

I live out in the country where mock meat and dairy products are scarce so whenever I make a trip into Melbourne I bring along a cooler bag and stock up! I try a new flavour of Tofutti ice-cream each time I go and they are all to die for (so much better than So Good, which is the only soy ice-cream available in my area) and I had never had soy cheese before but Cheezly is amazing. Everything is expensive but who doesn't like to spoil themselves every now and then?

Pros: Good vegan range, Mock dairy, Good location
Cons: Expensive

courtneyjayneee
courtneyjayneee

I love this place.

5 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2010

Such a good range of food, especially the desserts on the occasion. The cheesecake they made themselves is also really good !

Pros: Good range, Good food, Easy access
Cons: Sometimes a bit pricey, Too far from my house :P
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

Convenient location

4 Posted on 12 / 07 / 2009

We stumbled upon Habib while looking for other places listed on Happy Cow. We've glad we did. While they carry some meat and cheese, there's plenty of vegan items. We bought some Cheezly to add to some picnic sandwiches we had and we got salads to go - potato and some sort of noodle - both tasty. We got a raspberry muffin to go as well which was really delicious. It's located right across from the Flinders Street train station in the CBD, so it was super convenient for us.

Pros: vegan stuff, small deli area, convenient location
Cons: carries meat and cheese
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Don't let the name confuse you Habib knows Organic

5 Posted on 12 / 07 / 2009

Maybe its my American background, but anything named Habib sounds like a bit of a joke, but luckily I got past the name and went inside. This is one of the most well stocked Organic store I've seen in Australia. They have a selection of baked vegan items, too. There are some regular items when you walk in the door that can throw you, but keep venturing in and its a full fledged organic grocery store with all the vegan items.

Pros: good cold drinks, CBD location

Dear Owner and Manager of Habib Wholefoods: