CLOSED: Ha Ha Veggie Bar

Vegan falafels and veggie burgers. Food is mostly vegan. Abundant seating in the vicinity. Directions: at the junction of Castlehaven Road (railway bridge) go into Camden Market, inside on the left is The Market Hall building, Ha Ha Veggie Bar is to the right of the entrance. CONFIRMED SHUT BY VEGAN LONDON. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Fast food, Buffet, Take-out

CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

tasty burgers

4 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2013

Homemade veggie burger with a selection of toppings or additions. I had the avocado version, ₤3.80, and it was very moist, tasty and hot.
There are two tables with chairs outside, and farther into the small arcade is an area with tables and chairs.

Pros: cooked to order, vegan
Cons: a bit of a wait
necropalice
necropalice

There's a lot of crap vegan burgers in this city..

4 Posted on 04 / 01 / 2013

Don't expect fireworks from the Ha Ha Veggie Bar, but I think these burgers are perfect at £3.50-£4.50 a pop (depending on toppings). They are indeed sort of similar to a seed-heavy stuffing, served on a wholemeal bap and slathered in vegan mayo. I can't resist the avocado topping but one day I will try the infamous Monkey Burger - peanut butter and banana. The dude at the grill is seriously friendly and open. Unsure about the fried-egg-fiasco mentioned by another user, as eggs aren't even on the menu as far as I recall.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend a special trip to try these seed-bomb burgers, but they sure as hell beat most vegan burgers and are definitely better than the greasy noodles available in the market.

And yes, a cookie from Cookies & Scream is the perfect desert.

Pros: cheap and cheerful, awesome flavour, great selection of toppings
Cons: quite messy - find somewhere to sit!
poohfriends
poohfriends

Nice burgers

4 Posted on 03 / 19 / 2013

Not very special, but nice vegan burgers at Ha Ha Veggie Bar. I had a burger with avocado and it tasted good, but it could use some more filling.

Nikki1801
Nikki1801

I thought it was OK...

3 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2013

Maybe I got the wrong kind of burger, but I ate here once back in October 2012 and found it very average? I can't remember which burger it was, one of the basic ones (£3.50) but it was soggy, messy...just very standard, like what you'd get from anywhere giving you a veggie burger...

Who knows, maybe I got him on a bad day, but the guy was friendly enough and talked me through the options. Just behind here inside the building is Cookies & Scream, a vegan bakery serving all sorts of unbelievable bakery treats and coffee. You MUST go here, we come here everytime we come into the centre of town!

laurenpunx
laurenpunx

disappointed..

2 Posted on 10 / 30 / 2012

i'm vegan and have bought at the haha buger bar several times, until recently.. the board clearly states that EVERYTHING is vegan apart from the cheese, which only touches the tops of the burgers and not anything else.. i was happy with this.. until i found out by chance that the staff are frying eggs on the same grill and not cleaning it after.. i spoke to both different members of staff on different occasions.. the first one had no interest in what i was saying which was that being vegan as many are that go there.. that we would not shop there knowing they are frying eggs on the same grill.. i asked him if he was going to clean it.. he shrugged his shoulders with no care. The same goes for the second member of staff who said they just do it for the market stall people.. and said that i should speak to the owner,neither seemed interested in that it was stating vegan food in bold writing yet didn't practice it with care towards vegans.. I'm clearly staying away from now and will be warning my vegan friends.
the sign should be altered to say
'everything vegan apart from the egg that your vegan food will be cooked upon oh and the cheese..

louis
louis

Ha Ha Veggie Bar Camden

4 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2012

Enjoyed a tasty monkey burger and a great cup of tea here. Excellent value, friendly service and seating available just outside the serving counter and inside the market. Great option for a quick tasty and filling meal.

Pros: tasty, value, location
Havoc
Havoc

Amazing

5 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2012

I'd travel to London just to eat here.

If you like burgers this is a must visit, if not well then maybe go somewhere else.

There is no specific seating, it's take away only but there are shared tables and chairs nearby.

Best place in london for a burger!

Pros: Amazing burgers, very friendly
Cons: no seating
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Great find by accident, great burgers!

4 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2012

A friend and I stumbled on this place accidentally while trying to find a toilet a few years ago.

The burgers were good and inexpensive, and staff was knowledgeable about veganism and made some recommendations for us. It was so good that we came back for dinner later that evening.

Cheap, all-vegetarian, tasty burger joint - what's not to like?

Pros: Inexpensive, All-vegetarian
mitzi
mitzi

Recommend The Monkey Burger!

5 Posted on 03 / 06 / 2012

Gorgeous and reasonably priced burgers. I thoroughly recommend the monkey burger with the peanut butter and banana, so tasty and filling! I love it so much, I make them at home for my family and friends, and I've started a fan page for them on Face Book! Monkey Burger Appreciation.

Pros: Tasty, Good value, Fresh
MrDavey
MrDavey

Delicious burgers!

5 Posted on 12 / 11 / 2011

I crave the burgers from here constantly. I go to London just to get this burger.

Other than that there's some drinks, a falafel wrap a hotdog also but seriously, the burger is awesome.

Don't know what the other reviewer means about cleanliness! Whenever I've been there they wash their hands right after taking money or have you put it in their jar so they don't have to handle, and then cook the burger right in front of you! Doesn't get much cleaner if you ask me.

There's a seating area and you can usually find a seat nearby. Always friendly.

Davey.

Pros: Burgers!, Burgers!!, Burgers!!!
Cons: Not 100% Vegan
Jaii
Jaii

awesome food!

4 Posted on 10 / 30 / 2011

I love to come here after shopping in camden,the burgers are delicious and the guy is super friendly :)

Pros: lovely food, friendly service
Cons: limited seating, not entirely vegan
grrlygrrl
grrlygrrl

Great burgers

4 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2010

This is one of my favourite places to eat in Camden. They do really tasty, cheap, fresh burgers. I love that everything they have is vegetarian, so you don't have to worry about what's been on the grill before.
Sometimes the service is a bit slow, but hey ho, theres usually only one person in there and they're not a machine..
I've only ever had friendly service, no matter how busy or stressed they are.
The burger with avocado is great, and also the monkey one woth banana! MMmmmm!

Pros: Tasty, Good vegan options, Friendly staff
Cons: Bit slow sometimes
KATIE H
KATIE H

tastes like stuffing....

3 Posted on 09 / 16 / 2009

the burgers taste a lot like stuffing but i like stuffing and it goes suprisingly well with peanut butter and banana. i like this place its cheap fun food on the go. i crave the stuff burgers as soon as i get out the tube! ;)whole earth drinks and soya shakes available too. the staff are always friendly but cleanliness is questionable although it could just be the camden feel ;)

i give it a 4* for take out cheap food but in means of the whole package its a 3*.

Pros: good flavours, unusual flavours, cheap
Cons: nothing fancy, take away only
Jemima
Jemima

Stall with mobile challenged food

3 Posted on 01 / 29 / 2009

As you exit Cambden tube go right and cross to the other side of the road. Enter the labyrinth of stalls at about the third entrance - just next to the loch. It is the one that opens in to a bigger squarish space with paintings etc being shown. Take the exit to this space that is on the right leading down to some food stalls as you get back to the open air. It is a stall on the end next to an East Asian fast food stall, opposite an Italian stall.

They have burgers and falafel.
I think they use the same patty for both. I had the falafel with hommos and garlic sauce. It came in the white pitta. Falafel was the soft type. It was tasty enough although definately had better falafel. Amount of hommos and garlic sauce was generous. It was a challenge to eat as it wasn't a wrap but the awkward falling out of the pitta style. Especially as it is to be eaten on the move as there is no seating, that is inconvenient.
There were juices and fizzy drinks and some drinks such as elderflower and ginger beer. Also tea and coffee.

Service was pleasant.

Value was fine at ₤3.50 for the falafel pitta.

Pros: Some less commo beverages available
Cons: Food inconducive to mobility
niallmc
niallmc

banana with that burger?

4 Posted on 09 / 16 / 2008

I went on a vegan tour of london and got here, my fourth stop of the day. I couldn't resit a burger with peanut butter and banana. I have been know to have a PB and banana sandwich but amn't used to having a veg burger with it. Great mix. It's not exclusively vegan but you don't really need that ch**se slice.

Pros: good burgers, good value
Cons: only burgers
  • JohnnySensible JohnnySensible

See a photo of "HA HA" here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/tuckrally/2381067002/

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Ha Ha Veggie Bar: