Serves meat, veg options available. Veggie gyro, hummus falafel sandwich, veggie baba ghannouj sandwich, and grapeleaf sandwich. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Fast-food, Take-out, Mediterranean, Non-veg

First Review by Maxdamoose
CRVeg
CRVeg

Great Mediterranean Food

4 Posted on 08 / 11 / 2013

There are plenty of vegan options at Gyro Plus. All of the food is now halal. The grape leaves sandwich is my favorite.

Pros: Great food, Inexpensive, Friendly Staff
Cons: Amount of disposibles
Gopala 108
Gopala 108

Awesome vegan selection

4 Posted on 02 / 28 / 2013

I love this place. It has a wide range of vegan options and is traditional! The only reason I deducted a star was that the only option for dine in was styrofoam. I think if they use regular plates than it would be more eco-friendly!

Pros: Many vegan options, Traditional!
Cons: Styrofoam
phaedraford
phaedraford

Yummmy and stuffed

4 Posted on 02 / 04 / 2012

The best thing about this restaurant is the vegan baklava! I don't know of any other place in Gainesville that sells it, so this is really a treat. Their fries are near perfect and salted just the right amount. I usually order a falafel sandwich + baba ghanoush. The baba gives the gyro this awesome smoky flavor and a little more sodium [ ;) ]. I really recommend it! The gyro is super filling, especially with fries, and I could be content with eating just half of it.. even though I usually devour everything. The staff is usually pretty nice but sometimes they can be a little apathetic or just bored. The wait isn't too bad unless you come during peak lunch hours. I really think this place has some of the best vegan food in town, even though most of the menu is meat dominated. Go here and stuff your face!

Pros: perfect fries, vegan baklava, extremely filling
Cons: could be cheaper
tamberine97
tamberine97

confused

2 Posted on 06 / 08 / 2008

No matter what I get they never give me the right thing. If I get the falafle(?) i get this soggy cucumber sauce dreanched mess. Once I got something that was awesome, but no matter what I order it always comes back to the same cuc. sauce thing, even if i order without it.

Pros: location
Cons: wrong order
Maxdamoose
Maxdamoose

LOVE IT!

4 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2007

Gyro Plus is my favorite restaurant in Gainesville. I have tried most of their vegan items, but always go back to my favorite meal: Falafel sandwich and french fries. Both of these items are really, really good. To save money, I order them separately, not as a meal, and get water instead of soda. Enjoy!

Pros: Falafel sandwich, fries, price
Cons: charging $.25 for using credit/debit

Guest
Guest

best falafel in town

4 Posted on 06 / 16 / 2007

their hummus and falafel are absolutely terrific; they put falafel king (another local mediterannean eatery) to shame! this is one of my favorite places to eat in town. it's fast, cheap and most of all: wonderfully scrumptious! try their veggie gyro, the falafel hummus sandwich, baba ghanoush and one of their spinach pies with feta cheese; you'll be pleansantly surprised. oh and their almond/pistachio/walnut baklavas have become one of my favorite desserts of all time! (parking in back, behind building)

Pros: polite staff, wonderfully good food, nice atmosphere/music
Cons: they close at 9pm!

Dear Owner and Manager of Gyro Plus: