Serves meat, veg options available. Electic coffee house located at The Lab across from the camp in Costa Mesa. Casual and artsy space. Serves breakfast until 11:30am. Veg food options include bean burger, vegetarian chili, vegetable lasagna, and other American fare. Soy based bacon and sausage links. Some food is pre-made in the morning and warmed up for you when you order it. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Non-veg
Now Open

Mon-Sun 8:00am-11:00pm

First Review by CoreyMiller

Extremely welcoming with a delicious breakfast!

Posted on 08 / 31 / 2015

Stopped in for breakfast during a recent trip to the area. There were two waitresses on duty and they were both SO friendly and helpful! Loved chatting with them.

We ordered the Tomato Goat Cheese Scramble and the Breakfast burrito with veggie bacon. We also tried a side of veggie sausage and a croissant (husband was starving!). Everything was fresh with great flavor. I LOVED that the side fruit was actually pieces of fresh, seasonal fruit!

Don't forget to try the jam - so tasty!

Pros: Friendly staff, Fresh food, Flavorful

They're barely vegan

Posted on 05 / 19 / 2014

They have one vegan item on their menu, and it's fake meat in a wrap. Awful! I want the old vegan sunday brunch back!

Pros: looks cool
Cons: not vegan, barely vegan, not vegan enough

Posted on 02 / 06 / 2013

Gypsy Den is the late-night hang out for my friends and I because their drinks and desserts are exquisite. We order the vegan coconut cupcake and the vegan chocolate chip cookie dough brownie, both of which are the reason I keep going back. I'm not too sure if they offer soy or almond milk for their coffees, but I'm sure they would be willing to implement them if enough people asked.

Pros: Friendly staff, Cozy environment , Vegan options are tantalizing
Cons: Not nearly enough vegan options

Vegan Vagabond
Vegan Vagabond

Posted on 12 / 10 / 2012

This place looks great and has all of the potential to be great, but, at least for the breakfast menu, there is only one item on the entire menu that can be made vegan. So, there are no items made specifically vegan and only one item can be modified to be vegan (oatmeal). I can get better than this at Denny's. I would not label this place vegan friendly, at least not for breakfast.

Ok, I asked for the lunch menu and the lunch menu is much better, All of the soups and chilis are vegan, a couple of "small bites" are vegan, and there is a vegan burger and a "chipotle and avocado vegan chicken wrap."

Pros: Ecclectic, Clean, Nice patio
Cons: Limited breakfast options

Posted on 10 / 27 / 2011

This place has the greatest vegan chai cupcakes...

Dear Owner and Manager of Gypsy Den: