Guaizao Vegetarian Cafe

Located on the left hand side walking down Renmin Lu towards the lake (walking east), past Fuxing Lu. Has English menu. Food includes hearty soups, healthy salads, vegan burger made with beans and veggies, vegan tortellini, lasagna, teas (health benefits are listed) and kombucha. The breakfast menu includes vegan-suitable muesli with fruit and soymilk. Soup of the day costs 5rmp and is offered from 12-1pm and 5-6pm. Seating is downstairs, a table outside, and a lovely upstairs area with low tables and comfortable seating on the floor with lots of cushions. A book selection is available for reading while relaxing in the cafe. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Western
Renmin Road (Dali Old Town)
Dali, China
n/a

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by sachadowell
Encrypted
Encrypted

Great cafe

Posted on 07 / 24 / 2013

I went yesterday for lunch and had a very good vegan burger.
I went back for dinner and I had the vegan Ravioli. They were really good.
This morning I went back to try the vegan muesli breakfast with soy-milk and it was also very good.

The staff is very nice.
The place is really comfortable with a nice second floor outdoor terrace for summer.
They also have many books in English that you can take back home after giving a 100kuai deposit.

Pros: Location, Comfortable, good vegan food
Cons: little menu
sachadowell
sachadowell

Excellent food, vegan options

Posted on 05 / 14 / 2013

I visited here four times. Loved the atmosphere (usually there were hardly any other people there when I was there but that's ok) - one day I just relaxed there with a book and a kombucha for a few hours. Their soups are very good - tried a tomato/veg soup one day and another day a carrot and ginger soup - both excellent. Their vegan burger was so good I had to go back and have it again. It appears they make the bread for the burger themselves. The patty itself is made of veggies and beans and is very tasty. Note that the menu calls it a vegan burger but you have the option of different sauces, one of which is mayonnaise. But they should ask you which one you want (however one of the times I visited the waiter/cook couldn't speak any english, however hopefully they don't put in mayonnaise in by default). The vegan burger is served with 'tuber chips' which is not quite what I expected (not the kind of vege chips you'd eat with ketchup, instead different kinds of root veges cut thinly and served more like crisps than fries). At 25RMB for the vegan burger and tuber chips it's a decent price (though some menus say the burger is 30RMB). The 5RMB soup at 12-1pm and 5-6pm is excellent value.
The menu isn't huge but everything I tried was excellent so I highly recommend this place.

Pros: Fantastic food, Vegan options, Great atmosphere - music, books, cusions
Cons: Small menu, Some staff speak no english

Dear Owner and Manager of Guaizao Vegetarian Cafe: