Serves meat, veg options available. Offers labeled vegetarian and vegan food items. Has vegan cheese for pizza and burgers. Curries can be made vegan using meat substitutes and tofu. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Indian, Pizza, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

TableForOne
TableForOne

My local

Posted on 07 / 02 / 2014

I've eaten here often and it's usually the first place i think of if i want to order take out. They have a good selection of clearly labelled vegan pizzas and curries. It's not the healthiest, but it's inexpensive and flavoursome.

The staff are always friendly, the music is totally variable - sometimes they play Miles Davis, other times, dance music - but it's never too loud to detract from sitting in.

In a city that doesn't have a solely vegan restaurant, we have to make do with what is on offer and the Grove is one of the best options.

Pros: Friendly staff, Inexpensive, Tasty
Cons: Meat served
BenGallagher
BenGallagher

Nice take-out and eating in service.

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2013

I have been here twice and ordered once. Each time I have thoroughly enjoyed the pizzas. The bases are absolutely fantastic and the toppings are brilliant. And there are vegan cakes to buy, both I tried are excellent but very sweet. The second time I went, the service was a bit slow but that may be due to having only one waitress. Would recommend.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Great food, Good value
Cons: Staff were a bit slow
Joloco
Joloco

Great vegan pizza and curries

Posted on 09 / 10 / 2012

The Grove is a great restaurant (and take-away or delivery, if you want it at home) and if only it wasn't located 200 miles away from me I'd be ordering from it regularly!

The staff are friendly and very considerate of vegans - for example, the waiter noticed that we'd all ordered vegan starters, so he checked whether or not we wanted yoghurt sauce with the bhajis.

There's lots of choice for vegetarians and vegans, the veggie stuff marked with a V and the vegan stuff marked VV. In addition to a wide range of delicious curries, they also offer a decent list of vegan pizzas! They're really nice, too - not just bread and tomato sauce as I've seen elsewhere, but actual pizzas with good toppings and some grated vegan cheese. The bases are really nice Italian-style ones.

Maybe I've been living in London too long, but the prices seemed very good to me. Four of us shared two starters, plus a main each with extra rice, and drinks, for under £40.

I don't know if other vegans feel it's a compromise to eat at a restaurant that serves meat, but I think that when a restaurant makes a genuine effort to accommodate vegans then it's worth going.

Unfortunately Happy Cow won't let me give non-veg*n places full marks, which is a shame as The Grove easily beats some of the all-vegan restaurants I've visited.

Highly recommended.

Pros: Friendly, vegan-aware staff, Range of dishes - vegan pizza!, Good value for money

chlough
chlough

vegan pizza heaven

Posted on 06 / 15 / 2012

I used to live just over the road from Grove Cafe, and regularly ordered take away or set in for a meal. And although not completely vegetarian, completely trustworthy.

Super tasty vegan pizzas available, not just the normal with loads of vegan cheese in the place of regular cheese (i hate vegan cheese). Noon pizza is recommended, which has tonnes of spinach.

They also serve curries, salads, garlic breads.

Pros: vegan pizza, healthy, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Grove Cafe: