Grins means "vegetables" in Yiddish. Set up as a deli with a cold case and a hot case with also a short menu. Closed school holiday and summer months. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Kosher, American, Fast food

First Review by vegan-nutritionista
NoCookingVegan
NoCookingVegan

great location and rotating menu

4 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2013

This place caters primarily to Vanderbilt students but anyone can eat there. It is closed during summer and school holidays. They have a changing menu and usually some vegan options each day. Lines can be long during prime times.

Pros: rotating menu, vegan-friendly
Cons: usually crowded, sometimes hard to find parking
VegMomVA
VegMomVA

Quick Stop, Great Food

5 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2013

Super convenient, on campus at VB, and no meat is served! They live up to this claim, unlike many of the "veg-friendly" listings on here that have meat in the kitchen. Perfect for my on the go lifestyle, stopped here to see a friend on my way to a hiker event, make it a regular stop passing through from Ann Arbor - worth the short drive off the main highway to downtown!

Pros: No meat as advertised, Great food/sandwiches, Fast, to go!
Cons: Sometimes a line
spiffysavannah
spiffysavannah

Love it!

5 Posted on 02 / 21 / 2013

I love this place! I eat there every time I visit Vanderbilt. Their wraps are super tasty and their cookies are literally award winning- Nashville's Best Cookie (note: not Nashville's best VEGAN cookie, which it is, but best cookie- out of ALL!) I suggest a wrap with a snickerdoodle cookie (perhaps to split with someone, the cookies are big and not that cheap)

Pros: tasty, vegan-friendly, cookies
Cons: cookies aren't cheap

Bezzybee2003
Bezzybee2003

Not the Best and Very Crowded

2 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2011

I think I went at the wrong time because it was so busy! I waited about 20 minutes in line. Everyone was paying with their meal cards so I felt silly whipping out my credit card and holding up the line. It was also fairly expensive for what it was. The food was decent, but nothing spectacular. Don't think I'll be back.

Pros: Decent Food
Cons: Crowded, On College Campus, Expensive
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

...

2 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2008

This was my half way point during my drive to Atlanta and I went out of my way to stop here. After 5 hours of driving, I arrived at this restaurant only to be told by a girl in the restaurant that they closed at 2PM [I arrived at 3:30PM]. The hours on their website said they'd be open until 8PM and I called to see if they were open this time of year. Needless to say, I was pretty upset. As far as the restaurant [I was inside], it looked very nice and it appeared to have many Vegetarian choices on the menu bored. They stocked Naked Juice and had a deli case with potato salad in it [it's only too bad the girl didn't let me buy anything].

Cons: Hours
vegan-nutritionista
vegan-nutritionista

Good Vegan Options

4 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2008

Grins is actually located on Vanderbilt's campus, but anyone can eat there. Their menu changes daily, but usually has great vegan options. Just make sure to ask how things are made. They are very accommodating and the prices are nice and cheap.

Dear Owner and Manager of Grins: