Gringo's Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Quiet and small Mexican restaurant right off Ridge Road. The menu offers the standard meat options, and the staple Mexican food with beans and cheese, or with just beans if tell them. There is a vegetable burrito, a veggie chicken sandwich, a veggie hamburger. You can order the tacos, taco salad, burritos, and chimichangas with just beans. Any of the basic mexican items you may want can be prepared with soy protein crumbles, as a substitute for the beef. Complimentary fresh salsa served. Quick service. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by squabattack
VeganSally
VeganSally

Pleasant Surprise

4 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2012

We went into this restaurant thinking it was a regular Mexican restaurant, not realizing how veg-friendly it was. What a great surprise! Loved the salsa and chips, guacamole, burritos, everything including the service, was wonderful. We were visiting relatives in the area and next time we're down there, we'll be back. Considering this is a run-of-the-mill casual mexican restaurant, for them to have the vegan options they do, I give it 4 cows.

Ryveting
Ryveting

Fun little place

3 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2012

I've eaten here a couple of times now and both times were pretty good. I love the fresh salsa and the fact that there are many veggie options. Many of the meat options can be made with Boca substitutes. Service isn't always fast or attentive, so just be forewarned. Also, the write-up above is misleading. Gringo's hasn't offered Boca cumbles when I have been there. They have only used the Boca vegan patties.

squabattack
squabattack

Good for outings with omnivores

4 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2012

I have been to Gringo's Cafe many times in the years I have lived in New Port Richey and have always enjoyed my order (which is usually a bean burrito and a Boca burrito). Both are very reasonably priced, as is all the food they offer. Because this is an omnivorous establishment, it's a good place to go if the people you are dining with are unwilling to try a 100% vegetarian/vegan place, since all the standard Mexican fare is offered (beef and chicken tacos, burritos, fajitas, etc.).

Pros: Inexpensive, Small and quiet, Good food
Cons: Service can be slow, Wish it had even more veg. options

Dear Owner and Manager of Gringo's Cafe: