Vegetarian restaurant where all dishes suitable for vegans and lactose intolerant. Offers some gluten free options. Try the roti and curried channa, the mushroom and cashew nut wellington with a creamy spinach sauce and the pumpkin and black eye bean pie. Serves non-alcoholic drinks only; try the spicy mango lassi or the mojitos. In-house-made cakes, tarts and more. Relaxed stylish ambiance. Free Wi-fi. They also offer cookery classes and life-style workshops. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, International, Bakery, Take-out, Caribbean
5 Station Rise, Tulse Hill (Norwood Road)
South East London, England SE27 9BW
020-8678-0569

Open Sun 12:30-2:30pm, 5:30-10pm, Tue-Thur 5:30-10pm, closed Mon, Fri-Sat.

First Review by Reeantonia
Tiggy
Tiggy

A full dining experience

4 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2014

Coming to Greenz was one of my most pleasant dining experiences in London. We arrived at this out-of-the-way little restaurant and were greeted by the friendly owner, who engaged and chatted with us throughout the time we were there, giving the place a warmer, more personal feel. The menu has some interesting items and some of these have creative flourishes. I ordered the lassi which is spiced with ginger (and perhaps other things). This is interesting and I enjoyed it at first but it may not be everybody's cup of tea. Food-wise we started with the corn fritters For a main I ordered the Cashew Nut and Mushroom Wellington, excited at the prospect of puff pastry. This was delicious, although it was accompanied by both a spinach sauce and steamed spinach, which might be a bit much greenery if you're not Popeye. My partner ordered the burger (with bap) which I sampled and it seemed nice enough and my partner agreed with this. The accompanying coleslaw had a slightly pasty texture though and left something to be desired. For dessert we shared the lemon and poppseed cake and a bowl of ice cream which were both a treat. Small issues aside, I would make this a regular choice for eating out.

Pros: Friendly, engaging owner, Some distinctive menu items
Cons: Too much spinach with the Wellington
Deano
Deano

Brill

4 Posted on 03 / 09 / 2013

This is such a lovely place. The food is very good and so is the atmosphere. Among the highlights were the corn fritters, the mushroom wellington and the bean burger. It became quite busy while we were there but the waitress/chef was super friendly, attentive and helpful throughout the evening.

Pros: everything is really good, all vegan, 5 seconds from the train station
Robin-Mimboo
Robin-Mimboo

A vegan restaurant with a difference

4 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2012

Greenz is the restaurant with a difference. Not only does it provide wholesome vegan meals and sweet dishes, but it also promotes health by abstaining from alcohol and caffeine. The dishes are delicious, the prices are reasonable and it is both comfortable and friendly. There is a wide variety of cooked meals and salads, and for dessert why not try cake with ice cream? I recommend Greenz to vegans and non-vegans alike.

Pros: Delicious food, Healthy, Friendly atmoshere
DeniseChaplin
DeniseChaplin

Yummy!

5 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

What a great place to take a non-veggie! If anywhere will convert someone to the joys of a vegan/ veggie eating experience it is Greenz! The varied and tasty menu offers something for everyone's palate and the fresh ingredients and attractive presentation feed the eye as well as the stomach! Great value for money and a wonderful eating experience!

Pros: wonderful menu, healthy cuisine, great chef!
strictlybiz21
strictlybiz21

The food at Greenz is ON POINT!!

5 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2012

The food at Greenz is amazing. Who would of thought that vegan food could taste sooo good!? I would definitely recommend that you visit this restaurant, you will be pleasantly surprised...especially if you love our meat! They do takeaway as well which can come in handy. Lovely atmosphere, top notch service and they even have pieces of art on the wall which you can purchase!

yardieviews
yardieviews

No more "what's in this?"

5 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2012

Greenz is a great place to dine, the atmosphere is very relaxed and the chef/owner is super friendly. The open kitchen makes you feel like being at a friend's house. Its really nice to see your food being freshly prepared right in front of you.
The flavours are lovely and delicately balanced and its such a relief not to have to ask "what's in this?" Its not always easy to eat out as a vegan and Greenz is a welcome relief from having to scrutinize every ingredient on the menu. I have also dined at Greenz with meat eating friends and they have all enjoyed the food immensely. I'd recommend it to everyone.

Pros: Delicately seasoned food, Warm, friendly atmosphere, great portion sizes
Reeantonia
Reeantonia
  • non-vegetarian

From a lady who loves her meat!

4 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2012

From the moment you enter Greenz you instantly feel at home - this restaurant is clean with a lovely warm feeling. Everything about Greenz is unique, from the artwork to the service - this is so refreshing and makes a nice change from the chain restaurants that are filling our high streets. The food here is tasty which coming from a meat eater I thought was hard to achieve. I was blown away from the first course where I enjoyed 'Greenz' Spicy Corn Fritters and mango chutney - absolutely delicious! For main I have tried both the Mushroom Wellington and the Pumpkin and Black Eye Bean Pie - I simply couldn't pick between them. My Partner's favourite was the carrot cake for dessert whilst I enjoyed the Bakewell Tart (mouthwatering) and was a little sad when it was finished! With each course you really get a sense that a lot of care and attention is given to each dish - not only does it taste good but it looks inviting too. We will be back to sample some of the dishes not yet tried. No meat required :-)

Pros: Clean, Tasty, friendly staff
Cons: Small Portions

Dear Owner and Manager of Greenz: