Vegan raw food cafe and shop at 尖沙咀加拿芬道2號13樓, across from Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station exit D2. Uses gluten-free, local, organic ingredients. Nothing is heated over 41C. Takes reservations. Some English spoken. Lunch last order 2pm, then afternoon from 2:40-5:15pm. Saturday evening is reservations required private dinner with live music and stories. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, All Raw, Western, Take-out

mazyogini
mazyogini

Wish there were more places like this in Hong Kong

Posted on 01 / 23 / 2015

I had lunch here today and when I walked in I was warmly welcomed by a sweet lady who explained the menu to me clearly and let me choose where I wanted to sit. It is pay first but this is no inconvenience, the decor is really pleasant and relaxing with live green plants along the window side. I particularly like the open kitchen and the adjoining organic store. I like the concept of the restaurant and am happy to find an organic raw vegan place so close to where I am staying on this side of Hong Kong. Flavours are fresh and tasty. I had each meal explained to me in English and service was genuine, it is obvious that they are passionate about raw food. I had a Green Smoothie, Flaxseed crackers, Salad and Dan Dan noodles which cost 279HKD = $45 Australian Dollars (AUD is currently dipping). I would've preferred less passionfruit and mustard seed dressing but that's my personal preference, I like sprinkling lemon juice or apple cider vinegar on my salads. So while it's not a cheap meal in comparison to local food the prices are actually similar to Sydney. I also don't mind paying more for organic unprocessed food that nourishes and gives me energy for longer periods. Why we pay to eat synthetic-processed food is something to be asked more often. I also had a Medjool date and chia seed blend to go which cost 45HKD which is similarly priced to home.

Pros: Organic, Vegan, Fresh
Stevie
Stevie

Greenwoods, Hong Kong

Posted on 01 / 16 / 2015

I lunched here today and found it a pretty interesting experience.

1stly at time of writing this isn't exclusively a weekday lunch time place.

As per what the previous reviewer remarked, the décor and set up of the café is very nice. There's a choice of a la carte or set menu (148 hkd for soup, salad and main with an option to pay extra for dessert. Payment is in advance). I went for the soup to start with that was delicious. A delicious bunch of flavours in there but by no means over powering nor unpleasant. I then had a salad which I thought was OK but should quantify by saying that I don't usually get too excited by salads. Last was a noodle dish where the noodles I believe the waitress said was made of strips of zucchini. It was excellent.

There was a minor hick up re service where the lady serving seemed to think I had already eaten my main dish while I was still waiting for it. Once she checked with me she apologised and it came along soon enough after that. This was a minor thing in the grand scheme of things and the waitress was very nice. This applies also to the other staff members there who I spoke with briefly.

There is also an organic shop.

All in all this was a very positive experience. The only regret is that while I haven't been to many raw food places (this was the 3rd I can think of off hand), they don't appear to be aimed at the budget market (I'm not in a position to comment on what the underlying costs in running an enterprise such as this). It's a shame though that the price is a barrier to opening this kind of food up to a wider audience.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Friendly to many other considerations
Cons: Price prohibitive to those on a budget
Redmonster89
Redmonster89

a wonderful experience

Posted on 05 / 16 / 2014

this place is beautiful and welcoming, the food is original, exciting, delicious and so well considered. Service is also impeccable. Well done! If you're in Hong Kong give this place a try!

Dear Owner and Manager of GreenWoods Raw Cafe: