Vegan raw food cafe and shop at 尖沙咀加拿芬道2號13樓, across from Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station exit D2. Uses gluten-free, organic ingredients. Nothing is heated over 41C. Takes reservations. Some English spoken. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, Western, Take-out, All Raw

Veggiesgood
Veggiesgood

Healthy and tasty

Posted on 04 / 19 / 2016

The lunch set included soup/smoothie, salad, and a choice of main course, of which I had the wrap...see menu pic. All food was delicious and just right portion. Price HKG $148 / USD $19. Service was very friendly and patient with detailed explanations of food and raw eating philosophy. Restaurant setting also casual with calming music. Overall great place.

Pros: High quality food, Good service
Cons: Not cheap, Little difficult to find...elevator entrance to 13
Nibs
Nibs

Healthy delicious raw food

Posted on 03 / 19 / 2016

I ate here with a friend one day, after stopping in to do some shopping (for nutritional yeast!) in the small store attached to the restaurant. We both got the set menu, opting for a green raw soup, vegetables, and nori wrap with partially dehydrated flax. It really was delicious, and not too expensive. It has that raw food restaurant vibe you like to have, even if you're not fully raw yourself. When visiting Hong Kong in the future I will definitely make eating here a priority.

Pros: Delicious , nutritious , friendly and kind staff
Cons: Evening hours would be a great addition
inthesewords
inthesewords

My favorite!

Posted on 03 / 08 / 2016

I loved everything I tried! The kale chips are so addictive. :P The cakes are great and my favorite was the vanilla one. The lunch options are delicious. The little store was interesting to browse through as well.

Pros: Delicious, great cakes, local and organic produce,

Pascal_HK
Pascal_HK

Great experience

Posted on 02 / 24 / 2016

Though at first a bit reluctant to go to this raw food restaurant after a not so good experience at Mana raw food (though I must say that the other 2 Mana are pretty good), the news that meat-free Meetup was organizing a lunch at Greenwoods (to which I unfortunately could not attend) eventually convinced me to give it a try. That was an excellent surprise!
First the staff is extremely friendly, patiently explaining to me the raw food concept and answering all my questions about the different dishes (for instance, how do you make raw spaghetti?). Then food was great. I went for the set lunch at HKD148. The soup/smoothie was excellent, mix of spinach / banana / pineapple. There was also a salad, with mango and various seeds (good, though nothing particular). And as main dish an excellent raw burger, with no bread (yes, bread is not raw!) but a mix of dehydrated food and some tasty raw sauce made of cashew. Totally convinced by this meal, I decided to give a try to the raw vanilla cake despite the price (HKD98). But oh man, this cake was so delicious! Even better than my favourite vegan chocolate cake at Loving Hut.
There is also a small shop at the counter where you can buy some fruits / veg (organic from Kunming, China) and various seeds (got some flax seeds, organic, same brand/price that you also find at Green Common shop, next to Ovocafe at Sheung Wan). As the chef changes the main dish every week, I will definitely come back as I want to try the raw rice / raw congee and also the raw chocolate cake.
I also finally understood why my experience at Mana! raw food did not convince me. Reason is that raw food is not only about the food. It is also about a philosophy of eating and arguably about life. So the staff should be passionate about the concept and communicate about it - which is definitely the case at Greenwood. Location and room is also important: it needs to be quiet, with sufficient place to sit and relax. To note, Greenwood also proposes a large range of activities (cooking classes, detox camp…), but it is all in Cantonese.

mazyogini
mazyogini

Wish there were more places like this in Hong Kong

Posted on 01 / 23 / 2015

I had lunch here today and when I walked in I was warmly welcomed by a sweet lady who explained the menu to me clearly and let me choose where I wanted to sit. It is pay first but this is no inconvenience, the decor is really pleasant and relaxing with live green plants along the window side. I particularly like the open kitchen and the adjoining organic store. I like the concept of the restaurant and am happy to find an organic raw vegan place so close to where I am staying on this side of Hong Kong. Flavours are fresh and tasty. I had each meal explained to me in English and service was genuine, it is obvious that they are passionate about raw food. I had a Green Smoothie, Flaxseed crackers, Salad and Dan Dan noodles which cost 279HKD = $45 Australian Dollars (AUD is currently dipping). I would've preferred less passionfruit and mustard seed dressing but that's my personal preference, I like sprinkling lemon juice or apple cider vinegar on my salads. So while it's not a cheap meal in comparison to local food the prices are actually similar to Sydney. I also don't mind paying more for organic unprocessed food that nourishes and gives me energy for longer periods. Why we pay to eat synthetic-processed food is something to be asked more often. I also had a Medjool date and chia seed blend to go which cost 45HKD which is similarly priced to home.

Pros: Organic, Vegan, Fresh
Stevie
Stevie

Greenwoods, Hong Kong

Posted on 01 / 16 / 2015

I lunched here today and found it a pretty interesting experience.

1stly at time of writing this isn't exclusively a weekday lunch time place.

As per what the previous reviewer remarked, the décor and set up of the café is very nice. There's a choice of a la carte or set menu (148 hkd for soup, salad and main with an option to pay extra for dessert. Payment is in advance). I went for the soup to start with that was delicious. A delicious bunch of flavours in there but by no means over powering nor unpleasant. I then had a salad which I thought was OK but should quantify by saying that I don't usually get too excited by salads. Last was a noodle dish where the noodles I believe the waitress said was made of strips of zucchini. It was excellent.

There was a minor hick up re service where the lady serving seemed to think I had already eaten my main dish while I was still waiting for it. Once she checked with me she apologised and it came along soon enough after that. This was a minor thing in the grand scheme of things and the waitress was very nice. This applies also to the other staff members there who I spoke with briefly.

There is also an organic shop.

All in all this was a very positive experience. The only regret is that while I haven't been to many raw food places (this was the 3rd I can think of off hand), they don't appear to be aimed at the budget market (I'm not in a position to comment on what the underlying costs in running an enterprise such as this). It's a shame though that the price is a barrier to opening this kind of food up to a wider audience.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Friendly to many other considerations
Cons: Price prohibitive to those on a budget
Redmonster89
Redmonster89

a wonderful experience

Posted on 05 / 16 / 2014

this place is beautiful and welcoming, the food is original, exciting, delicious and so well considered. Service is also impeccable. Well done! If you're in Hong Kong give this place a try!

Dear Owner and Manager of GreenWoods Raw Cafe: