Snacks, main course, rice, pasta, veggieburgers, salads, brownie, vegan chocolat pie, and more. Het eerste en enigste vegetarisch fast food restaurant in België. Open van maandag tot zaterdag van 11.00-21.00. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Juice bar, Salad bar, Fast food

First Review by Bethie
nigeltart
nigeltart

Friendly, Affordable

4 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2014

I'd just cycled from Brugge, so when I passed a veggie cafe I just had to stop. Flemish menu but friendly, helpful staff (a lot was guessable anyway.) Vegan items clearly marked. My "chilli sin carne" was nice but somewhat bland to my English tastebuds. Lovely carrot cake. Oh and they happily charged my phone. I was tempted to sit at the pavement tables but it looked like rain. Indoor stools rather hard for a cyclist.

Pros: Fair Price, Pavement Seating, Vegan Friendly
Cons: Hard Seats, Bland Chilli
Duo
Duo

Nice dinner

5 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2014

Really good spinachs hamburguer and good Bolognese style spaguettis. Maybe a little overpriced but the service was very kind and smiley.

Pros: service, flavour, calm place
Cons: price
bencamps
bencamps

Great Fast Food!!

5 Posted on 03 / 19 / 2014

My girlfriend and I visited Greenway Foods on the 8th March 2014. I had the vegan kebab wrap (which comes with salad) and my girlfriend had the spinach burger. Both were excellent! There are 6 vegan mains on the menu and two vegan deserts, carrot (wortel) cake and chocolate brownie. Soft drinks, beer and wine are available. The friendly chap who served us spoke perfect English and was able to explain the menu and go into detail about what was in the vegan dishes. You order at the counter but your food is brought to the table. The decor is simple yet funky. If in Ghent and fancying some great, healthy fast food then visit Greenway, you won't be disappointed!!

Pros: Very vegan friendly, Cheap, Very tasty

bionicsteam
bionicsteam

expensive for simple dishes

3 Posted on 01 / 01 / 2014

I went there once, the food was good but the price was excessive for a very simple dish.

Pros: nice atmosphere, good drinks
Cons: price
SilkeD
SilkeD

great for an evening with friends

4 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2013

The food is great, the staff is really friendly, and the portions are huge.

I especially looooove the vegan brownies!

There's also a large choice in organic juices and drinks.

It's cosy, but not really fit for a romantic date, we mostly go there for a casual evening out with friends.

It's located near the center of town, so perfect for when you planned a day out in Ghent.

Pros: friendly staff, great food, large choice
Cons: not a lot of place to sit, sometimes a bit noisy
Gobbledock
Gobbledock

Friendly staff, nice atmosphere, limited for vegan

3 Posted on 05 / 17 / 2012

I've been to Greenway 3 times now, and have always found the staff to be really nice and helpful. They happily translate the menu, and point out vegan items (also marked by a carrot on menu). I also like the casual atmosphere of Greenway, it has a relaxed feel. The food however isn't amazing... I really want to like it, but everytime I've been there I'd rate my dish only 5 out of 10 in terms of imagination and flavour. There are also only a limited number of vegan options, and things that could easily be made vegan (like the pesto and the thai curry) are not vegan, which is disappointing. I'm a vegan, but my partner, who eats cheese and eggs, always enjoys his meal more than me, which leaves me to conclude this resto is great for lacto-ovo vegos, but not for vegans.

I've had the chilli beans and rice, the bolognese, and the vege burger. The vege burger was the best of the lot, but still kind of dry. The chilli beans and the bolognese just didn't have enough flavour... Anyway, Greenway is totally OK, if you're hungry and need to eat something quick, but it's not particularly inspiring.

Pros: Casual atmosphere, Friendly staff
Cons: Lacks flavour, Limited vegan options
pinkpineapples
pinkpineapples

Best vegan burger!

5 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2011

I recently stumbled upon this restaurant on in the street and was plesantly suprised. Nice decor and friendly (english speaking) staff who are only to happy to help. They also have an english menu and vegan options clearly marked. The food is inexpensive and very tasty! They have great to go options, I loved their sandwhich and vegan chocolate brownies!! But their carrot burger was amazing! Best vegan burger I have ever had! I will definitely be going back!

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, good value
Blueberries
Blueberries

Yum!

4 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2010

Three words: vegan chocolate brownie!
The burgers weren't bad either!

Pros: Amazing brownies, Good labeling
catzie
catzie

not fresh

2 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2010

The food they serve didnt taste fresh but frozen and put in a micro-wave. For the non -fresh food you get it was way too overpriced.

Cons: food
RachelLouise
RachelLouise

My favorite burger in Gent

4 Posted on 08 / 06 / 2008

I really love the Wortelburger at Greenway. It's a carrot patty with a slice of pineapple and a yummy sauce, and it's all vegan. They also have a couple of vegan rice dishes that are good, but the Wortelburger is the best item on the menu, in my opinion. You can get a cup of soup to go with it. They also have several specials, some of which are vegan. I tried the Brazilian Wrap recently and was very disappointed. It was mostly lettuce. They usually don't have any vegan desserts in stock.

Pros: Wortelburger, friendly staff, good food in general
Cons: wraps, lack of vegan desserts, occasionally crowded
  • XspeedyX XspeedyX

I couldn't agree more.
    I don't really like Greenway that much, but their Wortelburger... Good God!

kalhak
kalhak

Excellent bistro

5 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2008

This was really a perfect place for a quick lunch. Good service and food.

Pros: fast food, bistro, cafe
Bethie
Bethie

Great place to eat!

5 Posted on 04 / 20 / 2007

This restaurant is on a less-traveled street, so it is quiet in the evenings. The food and service were both excellent!

Pros: quiet, great staff, great food

Dear Owner and Manager of Greenway Foods: