Greens Vegetarian Cafe

Organic vegetarian cafe serving food, fresh juices, cakes, and drinks. Vegan and gluten free items are marked. Formerly called The Veggie Cafe (Ilkley), and before that Green and Bousfield. Fri-Sat 6.30pm-late, closed Mon-Tue. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, English, Juice bar, BYOB, Take-out

First Review by feorag
jon active
jon active

Good friendly cafe

4 Posted on 06 / 04 / 2014

Greens is a nice veggie cafe that is very vegan friendly in the savoury dept (not so many vegan options amongst the sweets and cakes). The fresh juices are great and they use local and organic produce when possible.
Hebden Bridge is a small town yet it has two veggie cafe's and two health food shops so unless you want to eat out late its a good place to visit food wise!

Pros: Vegan friendly and friendly, Not expensive, Central (ha ha!)
Cons: closes in afternoon, Not all vegan, Late is a relative term!
pazbob
pazbob

Splendid.

5 Posted on 06 / 10 / 2013

Went here a couple of days ago it's a lovely place with lots of choice. I had tofu sandwich with Russian caravan tea and my partner had falafel with mint tea, we shared flapjack for desert. The food was high quality, my bread was home made, brimming with sunflower seeds and a gorgeous malty taste. The flapjack was the best I've ever had. The staff were knowledgeable and attentive, smartly turned out too.

Pros: wide choice, large vegan selection
Mimi
Mimi

Lovely Cafe

4 Posted on 10 / 09 / 2012

A great cafe in Hebden Bridge. Options for vegans. Friendly staff . . . just what you want.

Pros: Location, Spacious, Good Menu

Alex82
Alex82

Good Cake

5 Posted on 11 / 20 / 2011

Both the evening meals and the lunches are lovely here and there is always delicious vegan cake in the day and at least one vegan pudding in the evenings.

Pros: Cake, Puddings, Good food
Cons: Could be open more days
EliUKnortheast
EliUKnortheast

Superb

5 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2011

This is a fabulous cafe during the day and a wonderful restaurant on Friday and Saturday nights. The food is mostly organic and freshly prepared. The cafe menu ranges from an excellent cappucino to a full lunch (make sure you leave room for a piece of cake!!) and the evening menu...well my husband who is not veggie said "when can we go back". It is also excellent value made even better as you can take your own wine. Great atmosphere - we are both looking forward to going back.

Jonathan Smith
Jonathan Smith

Good food - convivial

5 Posted on 11 / 19 / 2010

Lost of vegan options at this lovely place in a town with a very "alternative" vibe. Uses organic produce where possible and you can take your own wine. Soups, salads sandwiches and daily specials. On my visit I had a tapas plate - salad, soicy couscous, olives hummous, lemony/parsley pate and raw pumpkin seed pate with pitta bread. Desset was a lovely wholefoody apricot slice. Friendly owner.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday November 16, 2010
Updated from previous review on Friday November 19, 2010

Pros: Wholefood, Vegan choice, Friendly
Cons: Not open Mon-Tues
feorag
feorag

Quaint veggie cafe

4 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2008

I have to thank my sister-in-law for telling me about this place, and we dropped in one lunchtime. The food is classic cafe fare: sandwiches, soups and breakfasts. We both went for the breakfasts - she for the veggie one; me for the vegan version, and we came out satisfied.

Pros: vegan breakfasts, inexpensive
Cons: a bit small, small menu

Dear Owner and Manager of Greens Vegetarian Cafe: