Lacto vegetarian restaurant. Has wifi for customers. Sept 2013 reported no longer accepting credit cards. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Filipino, Take-out

First Review by erbavore
erbavore9
erbavore9

nice atmosphere, food is better than most

4 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2014

I'm a food junky and Green's does an ok job at satisfying that craving. The food is a little better than ok, and the atomosphere is delightful. I always sit outside.

Service at Green's is less than sub par, but acceptable.
Overall, its a place worth going to.

Pros: taste of food, atmosphere
Cons: service
Gandhileo
Gandhileo

QUALITY

2 Posted on 11 / 18 / 2013

I AM VISITING THIS PLACE SINCE 2000 , THEY WERE VERY GOOD WITH TASTE AND FLAVOURS AND QUALITY BUT SINCE MY LAST TWO VISITS THE BURGER IS NOT THAT GOOD ANY MORE , ALSO THE BBQ STICKS WITH JAWA RICE NOT THE SAME TASTE AND FLAVOUR , I AM LOSING MY INTREST TO VISIT THE RESTAURENT, THE AMBIANCE IS VERY GOOD, THE HUSBAND AND WIFE KNEAD TO LOOK INTO THIS AS THE ONE COOKING IN THE KICTCHEN ARE JUST TO PREPARE SOME THING AND GIVE SOME TIMES THEY ARE NOT AWARE IF IT IS COOKED PROPERLY OR NOT COOKED.

Tiggy
Tiggy

Great hours and service

4 Posted on 01 / 06 / 2013

I went here several times from late December 2012 to early January 2013 as it was very convenient to where I was staying and the hours were good. It was even open on Christmas Day and New Year's Eve (till 7pm). The staff were very able to help me identify what was vegan and make modifications for vegan options. Food is good, sometimes very good but not amazing, but not disappointing. Prices are good to average for Manila and the Philippines. The cafe is in a modified house and has a slightly fancier dining room connected to the main entrance area. There are vegan cakes, Filipino and Western dishes: burgers, pastas, some mock meat dishes, spring rolls, deep-fried battered mushrooms, club sandwiches, several plain soups, Sisig, fruit shakes, fresh juices and more. Most of these dishes are executed well, although the pasta carbonara was (my partner reports) not great and the fake pork crackling was bland. This is a go-to place where you can be secure you know what you're getting and your questions can be answered.

Pros: Helpful staff, Plenty of vegan options, Pleasant setting
Cons: Nothing noteworthy
spiritnoodles
spiritnoodles

Wonderful dinner!

4 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2012

Had a wonderful dinner with friends at Greens. The dishes we ordered were superb (Sweet and Sour Faux Fish Strips, Fresh Tomatoes and Basil, and Veggie Fish Relleno---this is the best of the bunch!) The dalandan juice most especially made me feel better after the long travel we had. We came from the south that time to attend a seminar. Greens is a great place to cap the night!

Pros: Cozy ambiance, Homy feel
CEDs01
CEDs01

First Timer at Greens,.....BRAVO!

5 Posted on 03 / 31 / 2012

My Cousin And I went to dinner at Greens the night of Earth Day Hour 3-31-12@2030 to 2130... Cozy House Restaurant Dwelling, Wonderful Atmosphere for something different. now we ordered Soups, Veggie Roll and the Veggie Burger.. All Ordered Was Remarkably Delicious, veggies were crisp alive with flavors, no borringness to the flavors at all. the iced mint tea was also delightful.

Pros: Great Prices, Crispy Fresh Veggies, Delicious Meals
Cons: not enough places like this, ...., ....
eatinggreen
eatinggreen

Meat lover's paradise

2 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2011

We really struggled to find anything to eat here, since we don't like to eat mock meat and were hoping to try some local dishes.

We ended up ordering some juices, a salad and the sisig. The juices were ok (pretty standard), the salad was pretty ordinary (some lettuce with token slices of semi-ripe tomato, cucumber and carrot all smothered in a dressing that was too sweet) and the sisig was awful - little chunks of gluten that tasted so meaty they made us feel sick after a few mouthfuls. No veges or anything healthy in there... we couldn't help wonder what on earth they put in it to make it taste so weird.

If you're a carnivore hoping to substitute your usual meat for something more compassionate then sure, this might be your thing. We're into healthy food and vegetables and we don't enjoy the taste of meat since we're vegetarians: and this place was definitely not our scene. To be fair though, they did have a vege wrap on the menu, so maybe this could have been more healthy. The photo didn't look very fresh though so didn't exactly draw us in.

The ambience was ok in that it was in a leafy area and was quite laid back. Felt a bit musty/aged - not so 'fresh' and this feeling was reflected in the food.

Pros: leafy area, casual feel
Cons: mock meat, few veges, stale/musty feel to it
  • titogray titogray

OK - Personally, I don't understand why those who do not enjoy "mock meat" must judge others who do. . . If I don't like salads, should I take it out on every restaurant that serves salad? That just isn't fair, and it isn't an accurate picture of what Greens is about either.

I don't know what menu they gave you, but when I go there, the menu has tons of fresh and cooked veggies - - and what's this? ...you want to hold court over their "veggie wrap" because you don't like the photograph? Come on...!

I think Greens is an excellent place to enjoy fine vegetarian food - and if you like "mock meat" (it doesn't make you any less a vegetarian) then great! You'll find lots of goodies - and great tasting desserts to choose from.

Next time - just put down your poison pen - and enjoy your meal... Aloha...

ramayogini
ramayogini

Greens

5 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2011

My kids and I love going to Greens. Their favorite is their BBQ with java rice. They absolutely love it that they wouldn't try anything else in the restaurant except for their carrot cake or chocolate cake. My favorite is their lunchtime fare sampling. I usually get 3 viands at a time just to get an idea of how it tastes and how it might be done at home.

Pros: very reasonable price, friendly staff, good food
Cons: more green and leafy veggies please
loulou.lou
loulou.lou

greens

5 Posted on 04 / 25 / 2011

A visit to Greens Vegetarian Restaurant and Café, located in the heart of Quezon City, is a truly memorable experience. It's hard to say which is better: the tempting traditional sisig and embutido dishes or the mouthwatering modern fare, such as the clubhouse sandwich and various veggie burgers. But one thing is certain--the vegan chocolate cake is taste experience guaranteed to be the subject of daydreams for weeks to come.

For more info on veg restos, visit: http://www.petaasiapacific.com/feature-VegEatingInThePhilippines.asp

Green Monster
Green Monster

Stunning vegan choc cake!

4 Posted on 06 / 09 / 2010

A visit to Greens Cafe and Restaurant, located in the heart of Quezon City, is a truly memorable experience. It's hard to say whether this restaurant stands out because of the tempting traditional sisig and embutido dishes or the mouthwatering modern fare, such as the clubhouse sandwich and the various veggie burgers. But one thing is certain: The vegan chocolate cake is an astounding taste experience that is guaranteed to be the subject of daydreams for weeks to come.

GREENS IS GREAT!

5 Posted on 04 / 12 / 2010

Imagine a cozy table next to French windows - looking out on a lovely lush garden with a waterfall and koi. . . you're sitting in the half light with soothing music and a staff that is very friendly - without being intrusive.

The menu is so vast - so full of neverbeforetasted delicacies, you know you need to come back - just to taste some of the things you can't fit on the table tonight!

You pick some lovely dishes, and within moments you are dining on fresh greens, sumtuous soups, and elegant entres that melt in your mouth! Hats off to Greens! My favorite in Manila - by far!

Pros: LARGE NUMBER OF CHOICES, WARM/ELEGANT ATMOSPHERE, DELICIOUS!
Cons: ??
SJBENT1
SJBENT1

KUDOS TO GREENS

5 Posted on 01 / 05 / 2008

EVERYTIME I VISIT THE PHILIPPINES, GOING TO GREENS IS DEFINITELY A PRIORITY. THEY HAVE THE BEST FOOD ANYWHERE. I HAVE NOTHING BUT PRAISE FOR THEM, THE PLACE IS VERY COZY, SERVICE IS EXCELLENT, FOOD IS GREAT AND THE PRICE VERY AFFORDABLE. I HAVE DINED AT MANY VEGGIE PLACES IN EUROPE, U.S.A., CANADA, AND OTHER PARTS OF ASIA; GREENS IS THE ONE PLACE I KEEP COMING BACK!

Pros: BEST FOOD, COZY NOOK, VERY SOOTHING MUSIC

melts in your mouth!

5 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2007

went to greens on their food fair night, last week, and their sisig and eggless, milkless chocolate cake have been on my mind since then... sana lang mas madaming music para kumpleto ang experience. but the food is great, the place is great, the crowd is great. i'll spend my birthday there next month...

erbavore
erbavore

how does it stay open

2 Posted on 03 / 04 / 2007

I ate at this place 2 years ago. Its still HORRIBLE. The quality of the food is good, yet the taste is AWFUL.
I wanted to sample various dishes, so I got about 5 entree's and some appetizers. ALL of the entree's were soo bad except the BBQ.
Strange enough, the BBQ is some of the best in the world.
My non-veg friend thought is was chicken.
Prices were resonable.
Vegan options were VERY limited.

Pros: BBQ, Price
Cons: TASTE

Dear Owner and Manager of Greens: