CLOSED: Greens

All vegetarian cafe opened in spring 2010 as reported to happycow.net. All food is freshly made on the premises. Simple food items including soups, cakes, sandwiches, and daily specials. Gluten-free options. Bright space. Has wi-fi, board games, and hosts social events. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, English, Western

First Review by Oliver
Miggi
Miggi

town centre veggie cafe NEEDED for Eastbourne!

2 Posted on 11 / 09 / 2012

Greens wasn't perfect. Last time I went there it was cold, they had run out of soya milk and the food wasn't great. But now it has closed so Eastbourne needs a new veg*n cafe please!
If you need lunch, I recommend you head for Pathway Pantry for yummy vegan take-away - it's near the station so pop in there and you can eat at their tables or hold on til you can walk down to the seafront.
But a good eat-in place in Eastbourne would be lovely. Please!

Pros: Go to Pathway Pantry!
Cons: Need nice eat-in place please
Nostoc
Nostoc

A good find

5 Posted on 10 / 06 / 2011

This place was a great find. Eastbourne's only vegetarian cafe and about time too. It's one block from the seafront, near the pier. Simple cafe food, lots of soup & cakes. Lovely staff and fair prices. Restaurant in E/b next I hope

Pros: All, Good, !!
alessioxvx
alessioxvx

Not impressed

2 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2011

I recently ate here and I have to say I wasn't impressed at all. The space has a lot of potential but it is badly used. The tables are all take-away type tables, there aren't any sofas, flowers on tables are all dead and it doesn't feel homely at all. It feels quite cold and unwelcoming.
The other thing was food.. Presentation was awful, let alone the vegetable casserole I had was basically boiled vegetables in a bland cooking water. When I checked with the waitress she said it was like a stew which it had no resemblance of. There was a shelf next to the till with condiments, jams and peanut butter. Everything was branded Sainsbury's. Same for the teas, I can understand that it may be more convenient for them to shop in a supermarket, but it would be nicer not to see that so blatantly.. For dessert I had an apple pie which tasted good, but again the presentation was quite bad. It leaves room for a lot of improvement.. Sorry!

Pros: central location, reasonably priced
Cons: atmosphere isn't cosy, food is bland and unseasoned, uncomfortable furniture

Oliver
Oliver

Nice veggie cafe

4 Posted on 07 / 28 / 2010

I visited this Café during a short holiday trip through Southeast Britain. They have a good selection of soups, hot main dishes, salads and deserts, vegans (like myself) are well catered for. I had a soup, pasta and fruit juice, reasonably prized at around £ 10. Seating is provided in one bigger room (about 10 tables for 4 each) and 2 or 3 small tables outside (main street). The staff was friendly and helpful. The Cafe is just a few minutes walk from "The Royal", which is a new, superb vegetarian hotel at the seafront.

Pros: good choices for vegans, good value, near seafront

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Greens: