Greens Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. A local coffee shop in the St Giles area with a light food menu. Offers several vegan choices including vegan cakes. Uses some organic and fair trade ingredients. Free wi-fi. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Western, English, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by Tezcan
Tiggy
Tiggy

Looked good but ultimately failed...

2 Posted on 07 / 04 / 2014

We came here for lunch today and the organic, fair trade thing appealed to me, so I wanted to give this place a go. I enquired about which menu items were vegan and was informed it was the ones marked '(V)'. With this in mind I ended up my partner and I chose a falafel baguette and a tofu baguette to share. When the dishes arrived they had coleslaw with egg mayonnaise on them. The staff responded quickly to this and were apologetic but for me this type of incident puts a real damper on my enjoyment of a food experience. This was not the end of disappointment either, as both baguettes were dry and not particularly tasty. I want to support fair trade and organic ethos and practices but I don't know if I'd come back here for lunch, particularly as there are limited vegan options. Maybe for coffee.

Pros: Organic and fair trade ethos
Cons: 'Vegan' dish served with coleslaw (mayo), Food not great
Tezcan
Tezcan

Friendly cafe with a few vegan options

4 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2013

Greens Cafe serves falafel sandwich in baguette and vegan flapjack varieties. They also offer coffee/tea with soy milk. The staff is friendly. You can either eat in or take away. Prices are reasonable.

Pros: Delicious food, Reasonable prices, Friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Greens Cafe: