Serves meat, veg options available. A local coffee shop in the St Giles area with a light food menu. Offers several vegan choices including vegan cakes. Uses some organic and fair trade ingredients. Free wi-fi. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Western, English, Catering, Non-veg

liva
liva

Okay

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2014

I went here twice, both times I chose a sandwich with marinated tofu, olives and pepper (which, by the way, was DELICIOUS) and it was served with salad.
One of the 'salad-parts' had this weird dressing thing on it, that did not look vegan at all. I asked them, and they assured me that everything on the plate was - in fact - vegan, so therefore I took a tiny tiny bit, but no. It tasted like mayo (or something similar, if that even exsists, I don't know).
Despite all of this badness, though, I must say that the cafe itself was lovely, and that the sandwich was the best sandwich I've ever had.

Pros: Friendly staff, perfect portions, great food
Cons: The (non-)"vegan" mayo
  • amzhatch amzhatch

dude have you never had vegan mayo before? its pretty similar to the eggy stuff (i reckon its nicer)

Tiggy
Tiggy

Looked good but ultimately failed...

Posted on 07 / 04 / 2014

We came here for lunch today and the organic, fair trade thing appealed to me, so I wanted to give this place a go. I enquired about which menu items were vegan and was informed it was the ones marked '(V)'. With this in mind I ended up my partner and I chose a falafel baguette and a tofu baguette to share. When the dishes arrived they had coleslaw with egg mayonnaise on them. The staff responded quickly to this and were apologetic but for me this type of incident puts a real damper on my enjoyment of a food experience. This was not the end of disappointment either, as both baguettes were dry and not particularly tasty. I want to support fair trade and organic ethos and practices but I don't know if I'd come back here for lunch, particularly as there are limited vegan options. Maybe for coffee.

Pros: Organic and fair trade ethos
Cons: 'Vegan' dish served with coleslaw (mayo), Food not great
Tezcan
Tezcan

Friendly cafe with a few vegan options

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2013

Greens Cafe serves falafel sandwich in baguette and vegan flapjack varieties. They also offer coffee/tea with soy milk. The staff is friendly. You can either eat in or take away. Prices are reasonable.

Pros: Delicious food, Reasonable prices, Friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Greens Cafe: