Modern style with additional upstairs seating. Chinese only, no English spoken. English menu available upon request. Previously located on MinGuo Road, June 2014. Open for lunch and dinner. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Taiwanese

Nikki1801
Nikki1801

Absolute bargain!

Posted on 03 / 21 / 2015

This was a great find! The place is modern and clean and busy with locals...I'd go before 6pm if you can, as the locals flood in after that so it gets busy and they'll have less time to deal with you (if you can't read/speak Chinese I mean!).

They immediately sat us and gave us a phone with translations on...Bit difficult to navigate, but it in the same order as the menu so just takes five mins to scroll through and pair it up with what's listed.
Some of the translations are hilarious, one was named 'larry's boiled vegetables' and 'smelly bowel' amongst other funny things, haha.
Being vegan, we had to take a bit of a gamble on it. They speak little english so I showed them our 'no egg, no milk' paper and she said the curry chicken was ok for us, so we had that. I assume it was vegan, but i guess with mock meats you can never be 100%.
If you're strict/fussy, she said 'we can do rice with vegetables' to help us...I think they know the translations aren't great.

The curry chicken was great- I don't like spicy, so it was a nice curry and not a huge portion! It comes with rice, and for $80 is a steal in my opinion!!
I also tried the miso soup which was really nice and simple for $30.

We came back the following night and just ordered the same, great food, great price and really place to eat!

peas-full
peas-full

for dinner is the best option in town

Posted on 12 / 31 / 2014

We have eaten there twice in a few days. Food is lovely, fresh, well seasoned and cheap. They have set meals, small and big, but they are happy to arrange some variations here and there, if requested.
Very few english spoken, but I think that for dinner is the best option in town.
Recommended.

Pros: nice setting and location, huge menu, tasty food
Cons: almost no english spoken
vane0001
vane0001

Great side dishes.

Posted on 10 / 19 / 2014

Clean modern restaurant. Fantastic sides dishes but Mains (curry rice set) was average.

Sezma
Sezma

Fantastic food for a little effort

Posted on 08 / 06 / 2014

We ate here twice in a row it was so good. The first night they only offered us a Chinese menu to order with, luckily the neighbouring table took pity on us and helped us order dumplings & a delicious spicy tofu dish. The second night a different waitress was on who gave us some sort of tablet device in a cartoon character cover that had English translations of the menu. We used this to locate the items we wanted (Vege claypot, mushroom hot pot and won tons) and filled out the order sheet accordingly. This was heaps of food for two people and incredibly fresh and delicious. I would definitely recommend this place, but don't expect English speaking staff.

Pros: Fresh delicious food
Cons: A little difficult to order
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++

nothing in english

Posted on 05 / 17 / 2013

as you cannot read the menu, they will just make you a plate of rice with vegetables ...

Dear Owner and Manager of Greenland: