Serves meat, veg options available. New location since late Sept 09 as reported to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Organic, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

Tue-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 10:00am-2:00pm

First Review by Amada
ArashArabasadi
ArashArabasadi

Awesome find in the middle of chicken country.

Posted on 06 / 26 / 2014

I'm doing a college tour with a colleague, and we've been visiting schools around the US to meet and shoot video of young, African leaders striving to better their home countries.
When I saw U of Arkansas on the schedule I was like, "I'm gonna starve."
But knowing college campuses, I knew there'd at least be a burrito shop - or something - within drunken walking distance.
My trusty Happy Cow app found Greenhouse Grille, which the PR person at U of A suggested, too.
There are a few vegan items on the menu, but they're solid. The shitake mushroom fries are... holy crap. People describe them as being calamari-like. I've never had calamari, but I can tell you that they were ... awesome-like! Breaded, deep-fried goodness with a side of spicy ketchup.
I tried the black bean burger. Our server told me that US Foods just picked-up the recipe from them, so i was excited as hell to try it out. Meh. A bit dry.
It's typically served w/ provolone, but I'm vegan, so obviously that was out. The bummer part is that they didn't offer -- or don't have -- something to add some moisture to the dryish bean patty. I poured whatever sauce came with it on top and used the fresh lettuce -- which was lovely, btw -- and "salsa," and it was still a bit lackluster.
The drinks were great. I had a new fashioned, which is a play on the old fashioned. It was sweeter than I like my drinks, but it was sweet with fresh fruit; not some shit syrup out of a bottle, so it was actually kind of nice.
Their IPA is not bad. Not memorable, but not bad.
Overall, though, those friggin mushrooms alone are enough to bring me back to Arkansas.
The place is a little pricey for the area, but you have to consider the quality of what you're getting. My drink, beer, 1/2 of shrooms and burger were $30 with my generous tip.

Pros: mushroom fries... wow, good drinks, cool venue
Cons: a little pricey for the area, could use more vegan love
Cchurko
Cchurko

Delicious!

Posted on 06 / 06 / 2013

Had the the quinoa sauté and sweet potato fries. Wasn't sure what I'd find in Arkansas but was happy I stopped here.
Updated from previous review on Thursday June 06, 2013

Pros: Vegan Symbols In Menu, Trendy Environment , Good Portions
Cons: No vegan desserts
Lindsey
Lindsey

Worth Checking Out

Posted on 04 / 23 / 2013

The best thing about this place is that they have a symbol on the menu for if something can be made vegan. They also have symbols for vegetarian and gluten-free. There are quite a few options for vegans.

My husband and I had the delicious shiitake mushroom fries for an appetizer; they had great texture, and the portion was a decent size. The mushrooms were so substantial, it was almost like eating fried calamari (but way more delicious and way less gross).

I had the falafel; the pita was very nice and soft. My husband had the fried eggplant muffuletta with sweet potato fries; it arrived artfully arranged.

Our server was nice, and the food arrived quickly. The only negative thing about our experience was that we ordered the shiitake fries to be made vegan since they had the menu symbol of "can be made vegan" but we still received a dairy-based dipping sauce with our order. Next time I would just ask them to give us double their special spicy ketchup and keep the dairy dipping sauce since someone overlooked the fact that that sauce is not vegan.

I would eat here again!

Pros: good location and parking, nice, airy atmosphere, lots of vegan options
Cons: no vegan desserts, smallish portions

bhenrich
bhenrich

Best Veggie place in Fayetteville

Posted on 06 / 19 / 2010

There is not a vegetarian restauraunt in Fayetteville. The choices are slim there in the chicken capitol of the world, but the Little Bread Company and A Taste of Thai downtown are both good and not listed on Happycow yet. The best I've found in Fayetteville by far though is the Greenhouse Grill. Multiple menu items can be prepared vegetarian or vegan and are delicious. My favorites are the Quinoa & Vegetable Saute and the Grilled Portabello Pesto Pasta. They also have several good burgers (black bean or mushroom), sandwiches and salads.

Pros: New larger location=no more waiting, Food for carnivores too, Great flavor
Amada
Amada

Excellent!

Posted on 12 / 30 / 2006

The creative merging of flavors blew me away! Every dish that I tried was surprising in its combination of ingredients. Even my non-vegetarian friend was raving about the meal! It was the best vegetarian food that I've ever had.

Pros: excellent food, inviting, great service

Dear Owner and Manager of Greenhouse Grille: