Serves meat, veg options available. Has gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan food. Uses local products. Menu includes vegetable lentil stew with rice, jacket potato with the lentil stew as a filling, and a black bean burger. Has soy milk for hot drinks. Sells jams and packets of tea. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, British, English, Non-veg

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by CLRtraveller
KatemateH
KatemateH

tasty food in central Salisbury

Posted on 12 / 16 / 2014

I went today for a spot of lunch in a very busy Christmas packed Salisbury. My mum enjoyed a gluten free sandwich and I had the choice of 2-3 things off the main menu. I couldn't see the specials board but there may have been something on their too. In the past I've had a stir fry off it. Today I had a jacket potato and a vegan curry. Pretty tasty. They offered me a vegan butter. I'm not sure they actually remembered to add it though. Nice staff. Pleasant atmosphere.

Pros: Central, suitable for meat eater, gluten free people, vegan
HungryBiker
HungryBiker

GREAT SERVICE, GREAT FOOD

Posted on 07 / 20 / 2013

My grandson and I use this for breakfast when we're traveling this way, excellent full English with veggie option of Linda Mc Cartney sausages
Gluten free toast, extensive menu so always lots to choose from
The Council car park tucked around the rear make it extra handy.
Thoroughly recommend this place to anyone

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly, helpful staff, Well laid out spacious interior
CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

Nice tea room and food

Posted on 12 / 14 / 2012

Pleasant tea room and cafe. Some veg'n items and baked potatoes. I had the vegetable-lentil stew, £8.25, served steaming hot: large chunks of root vegetables, yellow pepper, mushrooms and onion, tomato-y sauce, only a few lentils, over white rice: tasty enough but could be done better (more lentils, smaller chunks of vegetables, something dark green in it for colour). Pleasant service. Central location.

Pros: local products, some veg items, location
Cons: tonly a few vegan options

Dear Owner and Manager of Greengages Cafe: