Greenery Restaurant and Market

Serves meat, veg options available. A couple lacto-veg suitable dishes and no vegan specific items but will alter a dish to accommodate veg diet request. Large selection on beer and wine. Prices moderate to slightly more. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
750 Sunland Park Dr (Sunland Park Mall)
El Paso, Texas 79912
915-584-6706
  • Wheelchair accessible

First Review by vegfedped
jschner
jschner

No vegan or vegetarian items on the menu

1 Posted on 03 / 15 / 2014

I stopped by this restaurant a couple of times because it keeps coming up on the HappyCow search, but both times, at the door, the wait staff told me there are NO vegan or vegetarian items on the menu. There used to be, but no more. Furthermore, from the door I can tell you that you are going to suffer through a meal there with screaming, unmonitored children - it's a mall restaurant after all - all around you. Not a relaxed environment unless you are into the ChuckyCheese sort of experience.

Pros: none
Cons: no vegan or vegetarian items, screaming kids amuck
Desibruce
Desibruce

FANTASTIC!

4 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2012

I've been a Greenery lover for many years. The staff is always courteous and the owner is available and accomidating. I highly recommend them for not only the food but the service as well. The price is moderate.

Pros: Great Food, Friendly Staff, Accomidating
Cons: Location
vegfedped
vegfedped

not that friendly

1 Posted on 11 / 26 / 2011

I would hardly call this place vegetarian friendly. I just had lunch there for the first time. As vegans, my wife and I always ask what's available. We were told they use "a lot" of chicken stock in just about everything. Even the seemingly harmless marinara sauce for the pasta has chicken stock in it. Not vegetarian at all. Ended up getting a $15 salad which was tasty but hardly even appetizer worthy and a veggie pita which was basically just a Boca burger on a plain pita pocket with a few pieces of fruit as a side. $10 for a dry Boca burger. Sure, we have more issues as vegans finding food at most places, but I think even non-vegan vegetarians would steer clear of this place because of the prevelance of chicken stock in so many dishes.

Cons: chicken stock, not satisfying at all, pricey for what you get
  • gnada gnada

Go to the Green Ingredient located in the chase building (downtown) instead. It's a five star gourmet health restaurant. They have a lot of vegan options. They will also replace regular cheese for their homemade fermented nut cheese. Enjoy.....

Dear Owner and Manager of Greenery Restaurant and Market: