A raw food cafe where everything is organic raw vegan and gluten-free with one cooked soup each day. Also offers hands-on raw food classes, personal chef services, and weight-loss coaching. Hosts organic produce market on the same plaza on Mondays 8am-8pm. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Raw, Organic, American, Juice bar, Catering

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by daniel valle
VeganStrong
VeganStrong

Price and portions not even close

Posted on 10 / 12 / 2014

Loved the taste of the food.
Price is not moderate, it compares to Sublime(listed as expensive) and Sublime has a MUCH better atmosphere and MUCH bigger portions.

Pros: Taste and Quality of Food, Books on Tables
Cons: Price, Portion, Atmosphere
Michael X. James
Michael X. James

Results May Vary

Posted on 04 / 10 / 2014

I've eaten at Green Wave several times and each time I have no idea what to expect. Sometimes you get great, friendly service with passionate people who put a lot of love into your food and others you wait around for an hour to eat something that was slapped together. Overall though, the food is tasty. I don't like raw food that much but Green Wave typically has something that I'll thoroughly enjoy. The burger is very good and so are the nachos. Skip the ice cream for dessert though.

I've never been with someone who had a bad experience with the food. It's all organic, which is awesome. You can even see some of the food on display in their front fridge. The only complaint really is with the speed of service. If you go with a larger party, they don't bring all the food out at the same time. Once I was there with six people and we told the first person to get his food to eat and he ended up finishing long before the last person's meal even came out. And there were maybe four other people in the place.

In short, if you have the time, definitely come here. If not, order to-go in advance. Green Wave is definitely a place you should check out though.

Pros: ORGANIC, Tasty raw food
Cons: Slow service, A bit expensive
desertdune
desertdune

rAWMAZING! Best ever!

Posted on 03 / 22 / 2014

I've been raw for 9 years and have eaten in cafes all over the world. Green Wave had some of the best raw vegan food I've ever had, anywhere!!!! And the prices were extraordinarily reasonable!

Great size salad with my entree. Friendly, efficient staff. Good vibes ;-)

Pros: Size of meals, Quality of meals, Quality of employees

panyvinito
panyvinito

Love that is Organic and Raw

Posted on 11 / 22 / 2013

Love the burger! It's the best rawfood burger in the US. I've traveled a lot and there is no one that can compete with GW burgers.
I love that they are organic and SUPER reasonably priced! I mean $14 for a soup/salad and entree that is organic and raw is a very reasonable price.
Love these guys. I go there at least once a week... that's how good they are.

swperry60
swperry60

Great place

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2013

We were on our way to the Brazil vs Honduras soccer game and planned on stopping by for dinner. It was a great meal, very friendly staff, and fantastic service. If you are in the neighborhood, it's a place you must stop by and try.

howdyhowdy
howdyhowdy
  • raw

Incredible Gourmet Raw Vegan Cuisine!

Posted on 08 / 19 / 2013

A must to try for gourmet raw vegan cuisine! The No-Tuna Melt was my favorite. Anything on their onion bread is exquisite. They just started making a Philly Cheesesteak in a collard wrap. Fantastic! The raw brownie was the best brownie I have ever eaten. Another fave dessert was the Vanilla Cheesecake with Orange Spice sauce. The flavors were scrumptious. Start with the Super Nachos. Great flavors. My daughter loved the cooked lentil soup and the curry chickpea soup is yummy too. We will be back!

Pros: Delicious Flavor Combinations, High Quality Food, Gregarious Owner
Cons: Fairly Pricey - but worth it, Some Jarred Food-Pickles & Olive Tapnade, Nutritional Yeast (aka MSG) in Kale Sld
vegan james
vegan james

Vegan food

Posted on 08 / 12 / 2013

Just love this place, the staff are so very friendly, and the food is amazing. this place is a must visit.

Pros: Vegan, Friendly, Healthy
veganyogi
veganyogi

awesome!

Posted on 02 / 03 / 2013

green wave is a gem! cute, cozy and amazing food.
chef mike adds his artistic flair to every dish. its always a tough choice between one of my menu favorites-like the burrito or spaghetti and neat balls or the awesome specials like kale salad and portobello mushrooms or lasagna.
dessert is a hard choice..will it be cheesecake or cobbler or homemade ice cream tonight?
raul and his staff are always super friendly and greet everyone with a smile.
go there and you will not be disappointed!
Updated from previous review on Monday June 18, 2012

i just cant say enough how awesome green wave is. the food is THE BEST! i have brought a few first time raw foodies and they are always so impressed with the quality. other places serve a salad and call it raw. green wave does raw right. great food, great prices, great people. who could ask for more.

Pros: excellent food, healthy, good value
steveveg
steveveg

Live Vegan

Posted on 02 / 01 / 2013

Green Wave is a great place for vegans and raw food enthusiasts. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner, including the hot soup and the cheese cake dessert.

Pros: vega, raw, friendly service
Keith_Thode
Keith_Thode

Raw Food at It's Best

Posted on 01 / 26 / 2013

The only thing that beats the food here is the extraordinarily friendly staff. You can't feel like a stranger here. My friend and I each had several items, including smoothies, and all of it was terrific.

Wendy Vegan
Wendy Vegan

Best raw around

Posted on 10 / 16 / 2012

Cute place, great, friendly staff which is really nice. Food was very good. Not too creative if you are looking for gourmet raw, but decent nonetheless. Prices are fair. Been there several times and will continue to go back!

Caroline12345
Caroline12345

AMAZING!

Posted on 06 / 30 / 2012

It was a small cute restaurant. I started with an appetizer of chips and guacamole. The chips were great and the salsa and guac very fresh! Then the salads came. The dressing was great and the salad one of the best I have ever had. The smoothies were also very fresh! Then the meals came which were also great! Everyone enjooyed what they got and some of them aren't even health food concious. The desserts were also amazing! We ordered all of them and passed them around the table. Not one failed to taste great! ALl the food was fresh and organic and I felt great after eating here! I would come back asap! This is a great place to eat that you should not miss out on if you are in the area!

Pros: amazing food!, very healthy, friendly
The Veggie Cook
The Veggie Cook

Healthy and Tasty

Posted on 03 / 18 / 2012

Thanks for the recommendations on happycow, we ate lunch here a few weeks back and loved it. The space is casual and bright, and the people were super friendly. Especially enjoyed the almond cappucino and the raw burger.

Highly recommended when in the area or driving through.

Pros: raw cuisine, healthy ingredients, friendly service
stretchwithgumby
stretchwithgumby

hard to find, but worth the look

Posted on 03 / 01 / 2012

Bright, clean, airy little cafe. Service is quick and friendly, and the food came almost instantly. I had green goddess salad, cream of broccoli soup (warm, not cold) and almond milk cappucino. The salad was 10/10 - fresh, not chilled, every item perfect.

Pros: good value, friendly, delicious
beticita
beticita

Could Improve

Posted on 02 / 05 / 2012

I live in Miami and occasionally I go to Broward county to find at least something that is vegan so hard to find in Miami and truthfully something that resembles my cooking skills (no false modesty) reason why my reviews the way they are. Well, Green Wave Cafe was on my list. I went last night and I was somewhat dissapointed. Does veganism has always to be paired with the word expensive?...I ordered a mung bean soup, it was good nothing extraordinary, a burrito and a side salad, with vanilla ice cream and blueberry pie. I know everything is done in the restaurant, everything is organic, and no sugar added, raw food, yari, yari, yara, but the portions were not really fulfilling , although the taste was good. I paid 51 dollars and believe me!! is not that I am going to travel almost 30 miles to go back. This is what it needs: better sitting, cleanliness, better plating, better prices and better service. The guy was super nice, but boy they took long for the burrito!!.. i know the tortilla is freeze dry but that has to be done in advance, anyway it took a long time. I am still looking for "the" vegan restaurant that I can review "Excellent" like Miss Saigon in Miami, vegan friendly and super good or the one close to Notre Dame in France....I won't give up!!.. or maybe I will open my own...
Updated from previous review on Sunday February 05, 2012
Updated from previous review on Sunday February 05, 2012

Pros: vegan, raw, taste
Cons: price, seaating and athmosphere, service promptness
  • beticita beticita

panyvinita I have been in many, many vegan restaurants not only USA but other parts of the world where ORGANIC is served and believe me if I had to pay 51 dollars or more for a good meal …I will pay it gladly even if is more than that, but for two glasses of water and 2 miniscule entrees and a very small dessert in a cafeteria (that is what it looks like)….no thanks. I live in Miami Dade and I have to add to that the fact that I have to travel. I encourage you to visit Miss Saigon here in Miami and you certainly know what I am talking about ( I posted a pic from that restaurant here in Happy Cow). This is a vegan friendly restaurant and it is outstanding. The décor is not pretentious and the meals are superb…you just have to mentioned to the owner’s daughter-always checking everything- that you are a vegan (if you are) and she will tell you exactly what to order. She will even veganized any dish you want, and when I go there the most I paid is 50 dollars. For Organic foods then you can also go to a Restaurant such as Sublime and pay almost the same amount and enjoy the ambience and the food…although for me is overrated….I wish I just can go back to Harvest in Vienna or have a similar restaurant here in Miami or Broward…Oh that is a good excellent vegan ORGANIC restaurant…. I will keep searching for a restaurant like that here in USA.

• panyvinito panyvinito

I would recommend to go for the burger if you want to be full, and order the almond bread, that's super filling! The burrito is actually the smallest dish to get. I only order this when I want to leave room for dessert. But I disagree with you, I think $12 for raw ORGANIC food is very reasonable.

• illusoryreality illusoryreality

I agree, way too expensive for what your given! I paid around the same you did and I was still hungry. Also the service was good but slow. There are way better places than this where I can spend 20 bucks more (for two people) and be full, such as 'Sublime' in Fort Lauderdale.

jaime
jaime

delicious and fresh

Posted on 02 / 03 / 2011

I read the amazing reviews before trying Green Wave and was still skeptical. I am now a believer. Our party of 3 sampled the cheeseburger, nachos, spaghetti, burrito, brownies, pie and ice cream. Wow! You just have to try it to believe it. The people were warm and friendly, and the place was cute. It has a juice bar feel, but it's welcoming and the prices were very reasonable considering all the care and effort that goes into the food. I just wish I lived close enough to be a regular.

Pros: amazing onion bread, reasonable prices, fresh ingredients
Niamh1
Niamh1

The BEST raw vegan food

Posted on 12 / 04 / 2010

Just back from a holiday in Florida. We LOVED our meals in Greenwave! We have dined in all the raw restaurants in NYC and London and the food in Greenwave beat them all hands down (even the well-known raw gourmet one in NYC!). This amazed us as we never expected that when we first walked in. The cheezeburger and pizza were my favourites. My husband loved those too, but his favourite was the neatballs and spaghetti. The food is absolutely delicious and sooo reasonably priced compared with other raw organic vegan cafes/restaurants. Their chocolate milkshake was amazing too (wow)!! The staff are very friendly and ultra helpful. I cannot say a bad word about the place....I just wish we had greenwave near where we live! The atmosphere is relaxed and informal (no frills), a simple cafe with a really pleasant atmosphere. We had a few great chats with the staff and the owner (Raoul). The head-chef Lisa(co-owner with Raoul) really knows her stuff. We learnt that she studied at the 'Living light culinary arts institute' in California. However, she apparently takes recipes and weaves her own magic on them...and you can certainly tell! I wish I could make raw food like she does...her onion bread is sublime! They do 'take-away' also. They have a different special on every week. When we were there it was Lasagna, whcih was also very very delicious. I wish Greenwave great success as they SO deserve it and I look forward to visiting again next year! Thank you

Pros: Delicious raw food, Healthy Vegan, friendly staff
fafco
fafco

Green Wave Cafe is AWESOME!

Posted on 11 / 10 / 2010

We LOVE the Green Wave Cafe! Even though we have to drive an hour round-trip, we eat there at least twice a week. The food is amazing, organic, raw, vegan and delicious. Not too heavy like some vegan dishes--just right. The soups, salad and sushi hand rolls are great appetizers. All of the entrees are great, but our favorites are the spaghetti and neat balls, the cheeseburger and the pizza. The pies and ice cream are fantastic desserts.

Above and beyond the outstanding food, what really makes the Green Wave Cafe special is the people. The owners and staff are warm and friendly and more than happy to answer any questions or accommodate any special orders you have.

I highly recommend Green Wave Cafe.

Pros: Raw vegan, Organic, Delicious
VeggieTiger
VeggieTiger

Okay Oasis

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2010

Who knew that a raw, organic, vegan restaurant could exist in a place like Plantation? It is a small place, but the menu is plentiful. The food was decent, but overpriced given the portion size. Our waitress seemed extremely uninterested in helping me and my friend. She even forgot part of our order and, after being reminded about a beverage request, asked if I was sure I still really wanted it. Weird. Still, I am glad such an establishment is there so that more veg options exist. But, please pay more attention to your customers!

Pros: tasty eats, organic, lots of choices
Cons: poor service, expensive
Tiny Tiger
Tiny Tiger

Desserts are good

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2010

I went and got a brownie and vanilla icecream. The brownie was very rich- more like fudge, but overall tasty. The icecream was fantastic and I would definitely get it again! I also had the nachos which I did not like. I am a vegan and am not accustomed to raw food. Perhaps a raw food person would have enjoyed them. Still worth it. It's great to go to a place that has so many veg options. A little pricey- but then again- it's raw/organic.

Pros: yummy icecream
vegini
vegini

I adore Green Wave!

Posted on 07 / 04 / 2010

This place is flat out a-m-a-z-i-n-g & such a blessing since it's hard to find a *healthy* vegan place to eat. They offer HEALTHY vegan, gluten free food that burst w/ flavor. My favorite is the cheese burger, but the burrito is yummy also! Next time I go back I will have the hummus sammie since I hear it's good. The desserts are top notch & 100% raw vegan. The services is great; they treat you like family. What more could you ask for? :) I love this place & you will too even if you're not raw vegan. ENJOY!

Pros: service, food quality, options
Anastasiabeaverhouse
Anastasiabeaverhouse

The Best Vegan Food Hands Down

Posted on 05 / 27 / 2010

Wow! This place is a hidden treasure for Vegetarians and Vegans. Though practically everything is raw, it doesn't lack in flavor not one bit. The flavors where intense and wonderful. Even the water was healthy, double filtered, alkalized, and ionized. I had an amazing Vegan Cheese Burger that was on between delicious pieces of a carmelized onion bread, with fixings and a cheesy yellow cashew crseam on top. It was fabulous. And than for dessert it was a rich chocolately pie with a smooth almond cappachinno, where the milk is made fresh on the premis daily. I highly recommend this place. It was FABULOUS!!!

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff, Healthy
Cons: Small Place
jayspenh
jayspenh

Great for raw vegan too

Posted on 02 / 14 / 2010

I am happy I went, it's a bit pricey but that's how it is in an organic and raw vegan world of mine. Every day there is something different. I went twice and will continue to go. The people are more than friendly and I think they all might be raw vegan, if not then vegan. They use natural cleaning supplies which is a plus. The place is as clean as they can possibly keep especially with the flowing customers. It's a cute place and of course I would recommend.

Pros: great organic meal, cute dessert and delicious
Cons: location, price
Raoul
Raoul

Green Wave Cafe, Organic Paradise

Posted on 01 / 30 / 2010

The Green Wave Cafe is totally organic and vegan, they even have an organic produce market on Monday Morning. Great raw food. The hummus sandwich is to die for.

Pros: Excellent food, great value, Nice energy
Cons: small restaurant, short hours
daniel valle
daniel valle

Best Hummus Sandwich Ever

Posted on 09 / 18 / 2009

They have the best organic hummus sandwich ever, made out of sprouted chick peas.

Pros: organic, raw , excellent food
Cons: none

Dear Owner and Manager of Green Wave Cafe:

Thank you for being a Plus FRIEND supporter.

There are more ways to promote your business on HappyCow, including:

1. Advertise your large, custom banner on the Plantation page, or any other regional page
  2. Upgrade to Premium FRIEND status to get a Spotlight Feature in HappyCow's popular e-Newsletter, MooZine. You'll also get generous discounts on any additional advertising

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/08/06