English spoken and on the menu. Directions: From Central train station go East towards the river along Al. Jerozolimskie, and ul. Szpltalna is the first street on the left after the big roundabout at Marszalkowska. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Fast food, Take-out, Polish
ul. Szpltalna 6, Warszawa (between Al. Jerozolimskie and Swietokrzyska)
Warsaw, Poland 00-031
022-6250055

Mon-Sun 10:00am-9:00pm

First Review by Stevie
Lisia_Kita
Lisia_Kita

Lack of care

Posted on 02 / 04 / 2016

Bad canteen-quality food and ambiance. I didn't like it at all.
Both groats and topping was overcooked . The taste was not yummy at all for me. I was very hungry but didn't like to finish that. Felt disgusting both taste and structure.
There was a lack of few positions I wanted in the menu but was there in the middle of the day. Stuff not welcoming and inviting - just being there on duty. Apart that tables were dirty and in a mess after previous clients but the stuff didn't clean but I saw there were not so busy at the moment... Not going to come back.

kenvegan
kenvegan

Excellent Soup

Posted on 05 / 07 / 2015

I just had two bowls at Green: one was a spinach soup and the other was a coconut daal soup. I had a late breakfast, and was not very hungry, so I just decided to get the two bowls of soup as a snack. The spinach soup was well-seasoned and definitely hit the spot, and the daal soup was mild but very tasty. I'll have to try the full meals next time.

Pros: tasty soup
Cons: the smell of all the combinations of food is a lit
Laylah
Laylah

Nice place in the very centre

Posted on 02 / 11 / 2014

One of the best locations in Warsaw you can imagine - in the very very centre, just a couple of steps away from the Central Train Station, Palace of Culture and metro station.

They have both set menu and daily menu, prices are reasonable. Note that servings are really, really huge - you'll feel stuffed till the end of the day ;)

Most dishes are Polish-style or Indian-style. Pancakes are worth trying, they also sell a huge variety of fresh juices.

Unfortunately, the place is really small - just a few tables. And some of the staff tend to be moody...

Pros: prices, location, huge servings
Cons: not enough space, moody staff

hack_man
hack_man

Fresh and Modern Update

Posted on 12 / 04 / 2013

A superb location in a great part of town, serving decent Polish style vegetarian fast food. Try the Ukranian barszcz which is quite something or the vegan bigos if it happens to be on. There are many vegan options clearly labelled and all superb value for money. It's nice sitting outside in the summer sun watching people go by or in the winter on the high window seats with a steaming bowl of soup. This former Green Way is now simply called Green, it has been refurbished and given a fresh facelift making it very appealing indeed. The food here is ready to go and kept hot during opening hours so there may be some issues with it being a little overcooked or limp towards the end of the day. Best thing is get there for lunch when it's busy and there is a high turnover of dishes being served.

Pros: great soup, cheap, location
JeremieKarlsson
JeremieKarlsson

Disappointing. Plain food and bad service

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2013

I read the previous reviews before going to Green for lunch. Regarding what people said before , I was pretty confident about the food and the place in general.
I am REALLY disappointed.
First the girl serving at the bar wasn't nice at all, she was pissed of, no one knows why, talking rudely to clients. Half the menu was not available.
We eventually ordered some burgers and a spinach pancake.
The burgers are super dry, they added some vegetables, no dressing, nothing. We had a soja burger and a beetroot burger. Tasteless.
The spinach pancake was an insult. They basically stuffed a pancake with wet spinach, that's it. And they poured some tomato sauce on the top (the one we asked not to have).
We are tourists in Warsaw, but I was with my mother who is totally fluent in polish.
Pros:
Quick service
Cons:
Rude staff
Bad food
Most of the menu not available

gazik
gazik

wanna go there? bring a friend.

Posted on 08 / 07 / 2013

i've been to this place many times. the food is really good. the dish always comes with rice and 3 salads (except pancake options, pierogi and lasagne). portions, in my opinion, are way too big, that's why i always go there with a friend and we buy a soup and share the main. i would prefer if they were smaller and cheaper; i see a lot of people leaving some food on their plate because they're stuffed - throwing away food? uncool.

Pros: quick, tasty, carrot cake :)
Cons: better if smaller and cheaper
Ophee
Ophee

Ok!

Posted on 05 / 16 / 2013

Can be a bit difficult to know whats vegan or not. But good overall!

Cam
Cam

Simple and good

Posted on 01 / 05 / 2013

Nice, cheap, good food. I had "kotlets". It comes with rice, sauce and three salads. I liked it so much that I can the following day for a spinach pancake. Again a win.
It's a no-pretentious place, perfect for a quick, warm, filling meal. The food is based on polish classics (pancakes, pierogi, etc).

anarchistanimal
anarchistanimal

Nice cafe

Posted on 12 / 21 / 2012

I had a hearty goulash with salad. It was tasty, filling and good value. It's a nice place with an unpretentious feel. They were happy to help in English.

Pros: Hearty, Good value
Cons: A bit cafeteria-ish
Yamuna
Yamuna

Nice place to eat

Posted on 11 / 21 / 2012

It was so good to get some nice food after a long day of travelling around.

Pros: vegan desserts, very cheap prices!, good choice
Cons: very big serving (too much), employees work there, but don't live it, -
Henley
Henley

Filling and delicious.

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2012

Finding vegie food in Warsaw was a bit of a difficult task for us until we found Green. We tried a few dishes on the menu, served with large amount of Polish style salad (cabbage, carrots and cabbage!). We tried the croquets, sun burgers and the borritos and all were yummy and filling. Best to go when you have a good appetite as the servings are quite generous. They open until quite late and also do take-away meals, so good for days when you are suffering from museum fatigue and need food fast!

Pros: Filling, Economical, Tasty
Stevie
Stevie

Green Way, Szpitalna, Warsaw

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2007

I'm a fan of Green Way. Tasty Veg*an food at bargain prices. I asked my usual question of what was vegan vegetarian and was pointed at:-

* Lentil soup

* 4 out of the 8 main course dishes on offer that day

There was also plenty of choice of salad if that's our bag.

The lentil soup was hearty and wholesome as a starter. I then the samosas as a main; they come served with salad and a very tasty 'gravy' and vegetable type sauce (give me a little slack please with the use of the word 'gravy' as the description is far from perfect but the best I can some up with just now). I also have a take away to tuck into later; soya burger that has the extra evocative little bonus of sounding tremendous when said with a Polish accent as per the person behind the counter ('soya boor-ger').

It's open decent hours from 10:00-21:00. Compared with UK prices at least the food is tremendous value for money. Centrally located, pleasantly enough decorated, nice vibe, helpful staff, no probs for me as an English speaker with negligible Polish in my vocab.

Suggested impriovements:-

Only 1 - to have the vegan veggie items on the menu labelled as such. It makes things that little bit simpler.

Overall:-

Defo a thumbs up.

Pros: Vegan veggie friendly, Tasty, Value for money

Dear Owner and Manager of Green: