Address 徐汇区中山南二路699号正大乐城3-301室(近船厂路). Very stylish vintage interior. Menu with English. Has wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Western

Jrosworld
Jrosworld

Absolutely delightful

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2014

I cannot say enough good things about my visit to Green Vege.

Walking in I was a little sceptical as there was only one other customer, and it's quite a big place. I was immediately greeted by the owner though, and her passion for fresh, vegan food was palpable.

I opted for one of the burgers off the fully vegan menu, but was also gifted with a complimentary soup of the day, which was very tasty.

The burger was absolutely delicious, and had very obviously been made with fresh ingredients, and the accompanying salad and sweet potato fries had been created with both health and taste in mind. I also got one of the selection of smoothies, which again just tasted fresh, healthy and delicious.

Everything from the staff to the food to the delightful decor was absolutely perfect. There's just a passion for healthy whole-food that you sense when you eat here.

Note that it is located on the 3rd floor of an open air shopping mall. Don't let that put you off though, it still has that local, home-cooked feel to it.

Lynnetto
Lynnetto

Review by Green Vege Cafe's very own designer

Posted on 09 / 27 / 2013

This will probably be a very unique review. =)

I am Lynnette, a designer, mostly vegetarian & a practitioner of happiness. A year ago, Green Vege Cafe's founders came to find me with their dream concept -- to enable more people to adopt a plant-based healthy diet.

Till this date, my company, RÉNNOVATE, has completed the commissioned design work. Nonetheless I still frequent the cafe very often to eat. And even volunteered myself to be Chef Yoli's apprentice (serving tables or helping out in the kitchen) twice a week. There is something very special about them. Hard to articulate what it is. You have to find & feel it yourself. =))

Inspired by the warm-hearted couple, my dream is to open a plant-based cafe in coming couple of years, hopefully to be back in my home-country Singapore to bless more of my countryman with healthy food.

As for food, for the hot hot summer, I love my pumpkin-coconut-lemongrass soup to start. Flats is mine & my dear friend's favorite! Tomato basil bruschetta is another. Tiramisu & vanilla panna cotta (made with real vanilla pod) are my frequent desserts to end my sumptuous meal.

PS: the owners didn't know I am writing this review. Me writing this purely for the love for them & to share with like-minded folks like you. =D

Pros: Friendly casual dining environment, Tasty quality food, Positive energy 正能量
Cons: Lights (a bit dim for me personally), Food names (I don't know, so I ask)
  • GreenVegeCafe GreenVegeCafe

hahaha, thanks so much! When I found it I was surprised and touched... Thanks, my friend!

Dear Owner and Manager of Green Vege Cafe: