Serves meat, veg options available. Atmosphere is hip and welcoming to vegetarians/vegans. Try the vegan black bean chili and the vegan mighty veg sandwich. Any burger can be made with an in-house-made vegan veggie patty (which is clearly indicated on the menu). Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Western, International, Beer/Wine, Southern, Non-veg
2430 Habersham St (E Victory Dr )
Savannah, Georgia 31401
912-234-5885

First Review by pandora_13
TucsonNative
TucsonNative

The only veggie burger worth eating in Savannah!

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2014

This restaurant has been our go to restaurant (usually weekly) since we moved to the area 4 years ago. Up until 03/2013 I was a vegetarian and I loved the veggie burger with the pimento cheese. Now that I'm vegan I still get the veggie burger sans the cheese and it's still so good (I get a side of their homemade BBQ sauce when they have it). My husband is newly vegan and he even likes the veggie burger (but he loved the farm to table beef burgers so you can take your non veg friends there too).

The best part and perhaps the main reason we are there so often are the fries!! They are sooo good and pair them with the homemade ketchup and you can't go wrong. The vegan chili (though a little sweet for me) is also really good and the salads are big and full of fresh veggies. They occasionally have a vegan dessert option but don't count on it. You'll probably be way too full for dessert though :)

Our secret to getting a seat quickly is waiting by the bar - it's first come, first service so just stand behind someone about to leave and you'll be seated and eating long before anyone else!

Pros: great veggie burger, delicious fries :), cheap prices
Cons: it gets packed
xonicolenatalie
xonicolenatalie

Amazing Veggie Burgers and GREAT Local Beer Selection!

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2014

My boyfriend (vegetarian) and I (mostly vegan) were on a road trip to Virginia Beach and Florida, which is actually how I discovered this website. Anyway, on our way to FL we were looking for somewhere to eat, and this place was highly recommended, so we thought we would check it out. We were NOT disappointed. If I could have given this place 5 stars, I would have.

We both had the Mighty Veg Burger (in the sandwich section on the menu), which was a house-made veggie patty with lettuce, tomato, and house-made vegan chili. It came with a side of fries which you could enjoy with the house-made ketchup, or cole slaw (not for us), or a cup of soup or a salad for a $2 up charge.

We both got the side salad (he got fries too, wanted to try everything) and it was awesome. House-made balsamic dressing, apples, spiced nuts, and Gorgonzola cheese (I had mine without). The fries were also delicious, and my boyfriend loved the house-made ketchup.

Our meals were absolutely amazing. The veggie patty was delicious and cooked perfectly (I've had a few burnt veggie patties at other restaurants because the chefs were too used to cooking beef). Also, my boyfriend was very pleased with the local bottled and draft beer selections.

The only downside to the visit was that there were no vegan desserts, but as this was not a total-veg restaurant, I understood (I was super full from my meal anyway).

Pros: Veggie burgers, Fresh, local ingredients, Great Beer Selection
Cons: No Vegan Desserts :(
pandapharmd
pandapharmd

Good food; worth the wait

Posted on 01 / 24 / 2014

There aren't a lot of vegan options here but there are several to choose from and they're all delicious. The place is usually crowded and noisy but it's because everyone want to eat their food!

Pros: Tasty
Cons: Long wait, Noisy, A little pricey

TheVeganVagabond
TheVeganVagabond

Good Veggie Burgers

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2013

Popular local hangout with homemade veggie burgers and ketchup. They only have one kind of chili, and it's vegan! Pretty cool for a non-vegan restaurant. It can get ridiculously crowded with wait times around 45 minutes in the evening, so show up early.

Pros: Vegan Chili!, Good food
Cons: Very Busy
debbykasson
debbykasson

Great spot!

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

Great menu with lots of options and good beers as well.

Astonangel
Astonangel

Really Good

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2012

Good choice of veggie food with a local ambience. Knowledgeable staff and a wide selection of beers. Portions are more than adequate!! The take-home boxes are Eco-friendly!

Pros: Excellent ambience, Good food, Local hangout
FannylaFan
FannylaFan

Vegan Friendly and lots of Beer!

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2012

The Green Truck seems to be a very packed all the time. It is a very small place for the popularity that it has. But it does have a small bar top accompanied by a large selection of bottle and draft imported beer. They have vegan options such as their house made veggie patty/burger which was really good. The servers there are all really nice and helpful with any question you might have.

Try it out! If you in town.

Pros: Friendly staff, healthy, organic
Cons: small
pandora_13
pandora_13

This burger joint was worth the wait!

Posted on 04 / 09 / 2012

I was very excited to try this restaurant during our recent stay in Savannah. Their menu is fun, and chock full of diverse and intriguing options... and I'd read such wonderful things about their housemade veggie patty! We made it our dinner destination on a fine Wednesday evening.

The place seems to be quite popular; we arrived early in the evening to find ourselves with a 45 minute wait amidst a crowd of people and savage insects. Once seated, though, we were able to relax with a selection from their huge beer menu. (The pear cider was awesome.) Our waiter was friendly and super enthusiastic, and handled our barrage of questions with grace, ease, and a smile.

I had to see what this Pimiento Cheese was all about, so we started off with an order of that. Spread onto toasty crostini, this stuff was smack-yo'-momma good. (Note to self: Try the Trailer Park sans bacon.) Side salads were fresh and flavorful; gorgonzola and spiced nuts made them noteworthy.

We then tucked into our burgers. As promised, the veggie patty was very good. I had mine El Jefe-style, which was a bit messy (corn kernels and black beans all over the place!) but very tasty, with its complementary combination of avocado, cheddar and jalapenos. The Flathead was topped with provolone and piled high with sauteed mushrooms and onions. Both were served with loads of well-seasoned and very tasty fries. (I ate the fries dry. They make their own ketchup here at Green Truck, and truth be told, I didn't really enjoy it so much. Housemade doesn't need to be bland. Ketchup should be spicy; that's what separates it from tomato paste!) The omnivore among us also enjoyed his (beef) burger immensely. I don't recall which one he had (the Blue Ribbon, perhaps?) but I believe he might have said that it was one of the best burgers he's had. Good place for mixed crowds, always a plus!

Sadly, dessert wasn't so spectacular. Their pecan pie was very dry, containing just barely enough goop to bind the nuts together. Still, we were excited to find the one pie crust in all of Savannah that isn't made with lard...

I liked Green Truck a lot, and would definitely return - but earlier. And with my own ketchup.

Pros: Veg Friendly, good for 'mixed crowds', Interesting variations, Friendly, veg-knowledgeable service
Cons: Long waits, outside with heat and bugs!, Small place, limited seating, Housemade ketchup not too exciting

Dear Owner and Manager of Green Truck Pub: