Serves meat, veg options available. Breakfast, bowls, salads and wraps and are fully customizable by adding tofu, veggies or beans to make vegan. Try the crispy chickpeas. Also serves vegan desserts. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Western, International, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
1419 N Tustin St (E Katella Ave)
Orange, California 92867

First Review by chobesoy
chobesoy
chobesoy
  • herbivore

very good for a quick fresh bite

Posted on 11 / 20 / 2014

Nice, clean shop for a quick bite. My bbq tofu bowl was delicious although the sauce was a tad much for my preference. It had crispy tofu cubes, avocado, jicama, and greens over a bed of brown rice. Each section (bowl, salad, wraps) had a veggie option but since you can customize to make your own, that adds variety. I opted for the vegan bowl that was already on the menu.
The only section that didn't have a vegan option was the stews but there was a seasonal special of a squash and pumpkin soup which I ordered. I thought was okay, not the best.
There were vegan items in the dessert display, labeled as gluten free and dairy free. Upon closer look, I found that all but two of their selections were vegan! Not a big selection but glad they are there. I got the peanut butter jelly parfait (vegan, ingredients listed on label) and found it quite tasty. Overall a pleasant lunch.

Pros: clearly marked vegetarian and vegan options, quick and simple, tasty, customizable

Dear Owner and Manager of Green Tomato Grill: