Guesthouse. JUN 2014 owner reported shutting down its onsite vegetarian restaurant. However, staying guests are offered a vegetarian breakfast. more-less

First Review by afmk
afmk
afmk

A hidden gem: Great food and wonderful hosts

5 Posted on 05 / 13 / 2014

I am currently doing a detox and consume only liquids. While fruit & vegetable juices are my main staple throughout day, I had a craving for a salty broth, but did not want to settle for unhealthy broth from one of the many noodle vendors. Hence, I tried all kinds of vegetarian places until I found my favorite: Green Tiger.

While they did not have the kind of broth that I was looking for on the menu, Daniel and his lovely wife immediately said that they could come up with something that meets my needs. The result was a very tasty soup made from all kinds of fresh vegetables, blended and liquified upon my request to keep the nutrients inside.

I have been at Green Tiger three days in a row, each day savoring a customized soup that was created to support my current detox. Hence, Green Tiger has become a special place for me in Chiang Mai and I highly recommend this special place off the main touristy stretches to anyone that is looking great food with a personal touch that is rarely found.

As a side note: I had a nice chat with Daniel recently who explained me about his vision of creating a truly unique place. Given that Green Tiger has opened only four weeks ago, he clearly is on a great track.

Dear Owner and Manager of Green Tiger House: