CLOSED: Green Thumb

Part of Wildwood Lifestyle Center and Hospital. Cafeteria-style service with a full hot buffet, with salad bar, bread and dessert. Food is vegan though honey is used in some items - vegans to ask. Parking available. Closed in Sept 2012 for remodeling and re-opened in Oct 2012 under new name; previously named Wildwood Country Life Vegetarian Restaurant. SEPT 2013 REPORTED TEMPORARILY CLOSED for change of management. JAN 2013 reported "for lease" sign. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Salad bar, Buffet, Take-out

First Review by thinkgreen76
Tunasam
Tunasam

Plain Jane

3 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2013

Nothing too exciting, unfortunately. Who can compete with Sluggo's?

Pros: Location, Price
Cons: Parking, Limited menu , Atmosphere
meeeeeep
meeeeeep

One of the best vegetarian places I've been to!

5 Posted on 11 / 06 / 2012

The food is wonderful and the atmosphere is very pleasant. I ordered a combo, which included a plate of hot food, soup (broccoli), and a salad and my daughter got a mango sushi roll. The servings and prices were very reasonable and the food doesn't leave you feeling heavy/regretful. The salad tasted very fresh, and the soup tasted homemade. My daughter also enjoyed the sushi. We got to watch the sushi chef create the sushi. Some of the hot foods, though weren't hot enough, but we were able to ask the workers to heat it for us. Another problem was the parking. Only 3 parking spaces were available. Overall, it was very nice. Will definitely be coming back!

Pros: Great food, Reasonable price, Good atmosphere
Cons: Parking
DonaPaulin
DonaPaulin

Good for All Ages

5 Posted on 10 / 26 / 2012

Excellent variety of totally vegan food! Great tasting. I have never been to a restaurant where my husband and I, a couple of guests, and my 88-year-old mother with special needs, could all find plenty to really enjoy. We will return!

Pros: large fresh salads, generous servings, great value, multicultural, friendly
Cons: set back from street, needs more parking, needs more customers, best kept secret!

vaieen
vaieen

Everything is Vegan

4 Posted on 10 / 24 / 2012

I love that everything is vegan! I have only eaten there once and loved it. I just wish that they would expand their hours and their parking lots. But I am definitely coming back!

Pros: varieties of options, All vegan
Cons: parking lots is small, short hours, restaurant is hard to see
peechdoctor
peechdoctor

Nice Place

5 Posted on 11 / 18 / 2011

Went there for the first time about a month ago, will definitely go back. Food was great, staff was great. Very friendly. The food choices were great and the house-made bread was wonderful. Many many items on the salad bar.

Pros: Great food, Great staff, Large salad bar
RCognition
RCognition

Saving our bodies, killing our planet

2 Posted on 06 / 28 / 2011

Great idea to serve vegan food in Chattanooga but the idea of using Styrofoam EVERYTHING is terrible. I will not be back again until the plates, cups, and bowls are recyclable. No plastic utensils either. I would rather bring my own plates, cups, and utensils than use the junk they have here.

Food was a bit industrial, but if you didn't have to look at it, it was tasty.

Pros: Vegan, cheap, edible
Cons: not-environmentally friendly, terrible atmosphere, strange selections
Guest
Guest

New Favorite!

5 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2009

My brother is a vegan and took me to this restaurant yesterday. The food was wonderful and reasonably priced. There was one entree (stuffed shells) and a variety of side item choices. I had the stuffed shells with vegan supreme pizza and an asian noodle dish. All were scrumptious! We also tried the cake with fruit topping... mmmmm! I wanted to try the maple chocolate chip scone, but I just didn't have room! There were a multitude of bottled beverage choices, but I chose the free purified water from the cooler. I am not a vegetarian but do enjoy vegetarian food-- and this place is a keeper! It was clean, the staff was very friendly, and there was a pleasant atmosphere with quiet music. Whether you are a vegetarian or not, this place is worth a visit! I will definitely return. :)

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, great atmosphere
Cons: not any really , but food not particluarly hot
DawnOfTheRent
DawnOfTheRent

First Vegan Restaurant

5 Posted on 01 / 17 / 2009

This was the first completely vegan restaurant I've ever been to and it was awesome. Their pricing method is very interesting, they weigh your plates after you have chosen all your food, and if the price would be over $4.99 then all you have to pay is $4.99, as far as actual payments we (two of us) spent around 8 dollars on our main meal. Which varied from corn nuts to barbecued tofu (very good). The selection seemed very adequate for a nice day on the town. And to finish us off we had some very good cheese cake (brought up our total to around $14.00). If your in town for lunch check this place out.

I don't know how much the drinks tend to cost, we drank water which was free.

Pros: It's all Vegan, no checking ingredients., Very affordable, No disposable dishes.
Cons: Open very few hours, No one else was there (kind of sad).
thinkgreen76
thinkgreen76

Hit or Miss

4 Posted on 01 / 20 / 2008

This place is definitely a hit or miss experience. Be sure to check the menu before going to be sure it sounds good. After writing them a letter, they switched from using styrofoam plates to reusable plastic - so they are definitely receptive to suggestions. The only minor downside is all of the religious propaganda pamplets scattered on all the tables. I would recommend it, though - just check the menu first!

Pros: Downtown, Friendly, Variety
Cons: Religious pressure, No ice cubes

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Green Thumb: