Green Sushi

Serves meat, veg options available. Small sushi place with seating on the second floor. Has marked vegan choices on the menu, which include tofu, avocado, edamame, tofu 'n' nuts, tofu with spicy sauce, smoked tofu, and shitake mushroom. No Mastercards. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Japanese, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by celeste
finelikesicecream
finelikesicecream

Love this sushi

4 Posted on 03 / 07 / 2014

Green sushi is always something I look forward to when I come back to Copenhagen, even though I don't agree: it is not inexpensive. I find it quite expensive, but maybe I am just not used to Denmark prices, more to Berlin prices.

The vegan menu is really good, as well as the edamame and don't forget to take a tang salad. This is so healthy and yummy! It is good that you can order your sushi also with brown rice.

It is a nice little place and you can also sit outside, the stuff is really nice.
Updated from previous review on Friday March 07, 2014

Pros: good and healthy food
Cons: expensive
piffelina
piffelina

OK

3 Posted on 11 / 13 / 2013

Sushi is good, but I was disappointed. I payed 124,- for mixed vegan menu with water. Soy sauce was too salty for my taste, wasabi too hot (it burned in my neck, which is not normally the case), and there was too much cucumber in my rolls. I went with the brown rice, and all my pieces fell apart.

While I could be convinced to try this place again, I'd rather try a new place.

Pros: Friendly staff
Cons: Expensive
laurute
laurute

Very tasty but expensive

4 Posted on 10 / 12 / 2012

They have really a big choice of vegan sushi, we had some very tasty vegan sushi, but we went away still a little bit hungry.... it is expensive indeed. At least for people coming from other countries.

Pros: big vegan choice, very tasty, nice place
Cons: expensive
vegetariangirl
vegetariangirl

lots of unique options

4 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2012

Yummy vegan sushi with lots of unique ingredients; smoked tofu, mint, coriander, mango plus the regular vegan ingredients. Nice atmosphere

CheeseCake
CheeseCake

A good place for eating good and cheapy food

4 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2012

It's the first place where I wanted to come back when I returned to Cph. The quality of the food is very good, from makis to the miso soup. There is a'special'menu apart for vegans. I raccomended the 'menus' because are rich and tasty, in particular the 'Vegan menu 2' which includes the amazing 'tofu'n'nuts maki'. The place is cute and-an important thing-the water is free (unlike the other places in Cph). Oh, and the prices are very good!

Pros: Food quality, Prices, Tofu'n'nuts maki
Cons: No one
Patricia H
Patricia H

Good vegan Sushi

4 Posted on 11 / 06 / 2011

I can't judge the restaurant as I just got myself the small Vegan menue (2 tofu, 4 small avocado, 5 tofu'n'nuts) as a take away. They made it fresh and I was waiting only for a few minutes. 79 DKK is a reasonable price in Copenhagen I would say.
I have to admit that it was the first Sushi in my life ever, so I can't compare, but I liked it. And the place looked nice so I think I will go back there.

Pros: good food, nice stuff
celeste
celeste

Vegan sushi in Denmark,at last!!

4 Posted on 08 / 08 / 2011

I ate at Green Sushi for the first time,just yesterday. My husband and I decided to treat ourselves to dinner out,since we rarely get to do it. I absolutely LOVE sushi and has actually been the only thing I have craved since being pregnant. Sad thing is,most sushi places only have cucumber rolls or California rolls. Boring. Green Sushi has soon really nice,more interesting than usual rolls,and,for Denmark,the place is reasonably priced! We actually got a full sushi dinner,with drinks,cheaper than an Indian buffet (that's just sad). The dining room was cute,and upstairs,or you can order to-go. We hope to go back soon,possibly for our anniversary,and get the big vegan menu to try a bit more of what they have. We did each get the smaller vegan menu-I think it was 109 DKK,and then an extra umeboshi maki roll. My husband got a glass of organic wine and I just had a Bio-something drink. We will definitely be going back asap. Good thing it's not closer or this pregnant lady would be there every day! Yes,this place is good,and refreshing,for Denmark. If you've had vegan sushi in other cities,like LA or NYC,you MIGHT be disappointed,but remember,this is Copenhagen. Be happy we have anything vegan,here.

Pros: actual vegan menu, good price , great service
Cons: a tiny bit out of the way, could have more variety

Dear Owner and Manager of Green Sushi: