Moved to this location Aug 2013. Vegetarian cafe and coffee roaster. Offers gluten-free menu, grilled sandwiches, muffins, quiche, pasta salads, soup, and a few dim sum foods. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Ovo, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Asian, Bakery, Catering, Canadian
1821 Hamilton St
Regina, Saskatchewan S4P 2B9

Mon-Fri 7:00am-5:00pm, Sat 8:30am-4:30pm

First Review by mendicant_crow

Nice place for a quick meal

Posted on 01 / 22 / 2015

I had their curry soup, veggie-stuffed sticky bun, and a tea. Though the menu items were not labelled vegan, the employees were helpful in identifying which items were vegan. I really enjoyed the flavours that they used and the meal was very satisfying. Food was served nice and hot and had a lot of colour. They had many other vegan options, like pasta salads. Though they had a lot of desserts, I wish that they have more vegan baked goods in the future, as they only had date squares when I went. Though there are a few minor cons (see below), my experience still met my expectations and I wish Green Spot Cafe much success.

Pros: Very good selection, Large space with lots of seating, Located in a good area downtown
Cons: Need more vegan desserts, Need a key to access washroom, Vegan items not labelled
  • non-vegetarian

Great quiche and lasagna!

Posted on 10 / 09 / 2014

Low key coffee-shop/diner atmosphere. Great quiches and veggie lasagna (mostly spinach). Would go back because of small options in Regina but lacked greater selection and atmosphere.

A Place for Peace and Yumminess

Posted on 08 / 02 / 2008

A wonderful place run by down-to-earth people who make food that's just delicious, and soooo unique. Forget all those fake, americanized Asian cuisine places. They also serve some more North-American stuff too, like sandwiches. There's definately stuff for vegans here, but be sure to ask, as this is an ovo-lacto restaurant too (but the owners are Buddist Vegetarian, and understand the struggle of those who want to know what's actually in what they're eating). The owner was very helpful when I asked her to point out which of the baking items were vegan. Oh, and get this; there's no extra charge for soy drinks!!! Rejoice, those of us latte drinkers who pay extra all the time. My favourite lunch here- soup and a steamed bun.

Pros: friendly, understanding staff, unique, healthy choices, no soy charge!
Cons: iffy parking (walk if you can), dishes not labelled outright as vegan
  • mendicant_crow mendicant_crow

oh, poo! just found out that their steamed buns do in fact contain a small amount of milk protien. Thought I should mention this for vegans. Most of their soups do not contain milk, but, again, make sure you ask, as there are a few that do.

Dear Owner and Manager of Green Spot Cafe: