Green Seed Vegan

Vegan restaurant and elixir bar serving plant-based meals. Makes sandwiches, vegan burgers, fries, sweet potato fries, raw food, smoothies and juices. Soy and gluten free. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out, Catering

First Review by rvasquez
BehccaBunny
BehccaBunny

Amazing food + Amazing atmosphere

5 Posted on 04 / 14 / 2014

This place is definitely on my top 5 restaurants in Houston, Texas. Not only is the decor absolutely adorable (I'm such a sucker) but the food was fantastic. I had the Green Seed Burger with a side of sweet potato fries and I was floored by how flavorful it was. The burger tasted like a LEGIT BURGER. The greens were fresh, the bun was nice, and the patty? Don't get me started on the patty.

The only complaint I have is that you have to be careful when you go. It's a small restaurant so it can get crowded. BUT if you go at the right time, it has such a nice vibe with chill jazzy music. You could probably chill, eat, do business or homework, and relax. It's THAT much of an amazing vibe.

Definitely recommend!

Pros: Excellent Food, Wide Range of Selections, Nice Atmosphere
Cons: Small area, Gets crowded easy
SkipStein
SkipStein

Delicious Food and Wonderful Smoothies/Drinks

4 Posted on 03 / 11 / 2014

We found Green Seed Vegan during a trip through Houston in September 2013. We had delicious freshly prepared smoothies and delicious sandwiches; also freshly prepared.

Service was excellent, the staff very friendly and accommodating. Everything was clean/neat. The place is on the small/intimate side.

Definitely one of the better places we dined while in Houston.

Pros: Great Smoothies, Delicious Vegan Selection, Friendly service
Cons: Out of the way location near Downtown , Tight parking
veggriffon
veggriffon

Excellent Vegan + Raw Food

5 Posted on 02 / 22 / 2014

Hard to believe... this restaurant started out in a food truck! The food is beautifully presented and taste as good as it looks! Although, I wish there was more variety esp. for Gluten Free. I would love a Gluten Free Burger + Bun! And I wish there were Platter:Lunch/Dinner Specials! Staff is extremely friendly and restaurant has nice atmosphere.
Updated from previous review on Saturday February 22, 2014

Updated from previous review on Saturday February 22, 2014

Pros: True Delicious Vegan Food, Lots of Gluten Free Options, Gluten Free Cupcakes
Cons: No Specials (to speak of), Gets Pricey, Location/Parking
mary a
mary a

Delicious

4 Posted on 12 / 25 / 2013

This is one of the best. Great food great variety. Just wish there were more desserts they were out the first time and only had root brownies the next time but they were wonderful (wish I had bought two). My only vegan place in Houston. Considerate staff and very helpful. Lovely ambiance love it love it. Nice serving size for the price. The cauliflower nuggets and chilli are wonderful. I am working my way down the menu.

Pros: price, portons
Cons: sits back odd the road
veganqueen
veganqueen

Good juices, sandwiches are okay

3 Posted on 09 / 17 / 2013

Place is hard to find, but once your GPS gets you there you'll find a quaint little cafe. Friendly owner named Maddie greets everyone with a smile. Not much seating though and many have to wait to sit down in the tiny space. The juice are flavorful. Have tried 2 or 3 of the sandwiches a few times and not so flavorful. The fries are good and fresh, the vegan burgers are a nice switch, but not something I'd order frequently. Hoping they expand the menu and experiment with other flavors. It is nice to go to a vegan restaurant which doesn't have tofu or soy in everything for a change.

Pros: Vegan , Non-tofu restaurant, Fresh with raw vegan options
Cons: Limited seating, sometimes bland flavors, hard to find on GPS
saveur
saveur

Nice

4 Posted on 09 / 07 / 2013

The store front is a tad misleading. The food is better than the resto appears. All smoothies we tried were great. I really liked my taco salad, and I let the server direct me to the better dish (she explained it was much bigger than my other suggestion). The tempeh wraps are really small, unfortunately. I was excited to try the raw cheesecake but it had a funny, odd, metallic aftertaste that I could not place. The vegan brownie was very good. I'll be back to try more.

Cons: small servings, cramped seating
LOTCP
LOTCP

Good food good value

5 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2013

My first review! I drive all over the country every year and plan my trips around what I find on HC. Figured it's about time I start reviewing. In town for business so I scouted several places out. I picked Green Seed and am happy I did. Place has a Portland vibe and great food. I had the mushroom burger with sweet potato fries. The fries were definitely worth the visit, even better than Dicks Kitchen not-fries in Portland. Burger was messy and very good, the way a shroom burger should be. Easy neighborhood parking as well. If you are used to modern veg cafes like you find on the left coast then check out Green Seed. Look for other reviews from Lord of The Crab People from all over the country.

Pros: Good food, West coast vibe, Portion sizing just right
alxsrbraun
alxsrbraun

Good all-vegan place

4 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2013

Some items are amazing, some are just okay. I'm not a fan of their panini - a lot of bread and not must else. The Rawkin' Tacos are AMAZING. The burgers are good, and the BBQ sandwich is amazing. The cauliflower nuggets are a favorite dish of mine anywhere! However, the location/building/service is not the best: the tables always seem to be sticky, you can wait a long time to order or for your food (they forgot my order completely last time I was there), etc. But the food is worth trying.

Pros: Good food, All vegan, CAULIFLOWER NUGGETS
Cons: SLOW service, Sticky tables, Dark, cramped
pennylane
pennylane

portion size

3 Posted on 02 / 28 / 2013

I ordered the rockin tacos and they were really tiny, the panini is mosty bread with very little veggies if you get it in a collard wrap its really small, they also give you a SMALL amout of fries, and the veggie burgers are small too. I love the food from the Cali, Latini, and bbq. But I leave broke and still hungry having to order extra.

Pros: healthy, good food, near downtown
Cons: long wait , portion size, small seating
nardanddee
nardanddee

New Houston Fave

4 Posted on 02 / 06 / 2013

First, I need to let you know that the address is Almeda Road (for those of you using GPS to find it). From the outside this place looks a bit sketchy and the parking is limited directly at the restaurant. Thankfully there is parking across the street. I wasn't certain that I would risk going in until I read the good reviews. Well those reviews were honesty earned! I had the Cali8, some fries and the Everything Green juice. Absolutely in love! Will definitely return on my next trip to Houston!

Pros: variety, good food, friendly service
Cons: less than desirable exterior
Yahcna
Yahcna

BRILLIANCE AND SUPREME FOOD!

5 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2012

The food at Green Seed Vegan is superb! I could eat the Cali, Caulifower Nuggets, Latini "Panini" on the raw collard wrap, and Not-Yo Salad for five days a week consecutively! (The panini bread is pleasant also for those that don 't mind bread.

This food is guilt free munching at it's best!

The beverages are out of this world, especially the Coco Chai, and the folks are friendly and helpful.

Overall, Green Seed Vegan is definitely on my Happy Cow favorites list!

Updated from previous review on Tuesday August 23, 2011
Updated from previous review on Tuesday August 23, 2011

Pros: Delicious, The Latini Panini, Vegan friendly
Cons: No menu to take with you, sometimes longer wait for order
BlkResidue
BlkResidue

Good Stuff!

5 Posted on 09 / 03 / 2012

This is a pretty dope vegan restaurant to say the least, very modern and smooth. I've visited Green Seed Vegan twice and on my first visit i ordered the Cali, which is a chicken fried cauliflower patty on a wheat bun with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, i believe pickles too, with a delicious spicy sauce. That was the most I've ever paid for a single burger, $8, but it was well worth it. On my second visit i kept it simple, i ordered a berry-pineapple smoothie and it was hella good lol, only $5, well worth it.

The atmosphere is cool, it has an "outside" feeling to it, maybe that's because of the concrete floors. They also have relaxing music softly playing and while you wait, you can look around and sharpen up your herbal knowledge thanks to the informative poster they have on the wall.

Overall, Geed Seed Vegan is my type of place, easy to access, friendly and knowledgeable staff and i believe its a black owned business as well! So, if your in the area give em a try.

Pros: Good food, Location, Variety
Chris Monkey
Chris Monkey

Fantastic!

5 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2012

The tastiest vegan yummies Ive had in one meal! It was so delicious I kept ordering more and more....until they closed. I am going back tomorrow for another panini, more sweet potato fries (with dill...yum!) and another smoothie....and by the way they do take cards, very modern ipad cashregister (ubercool).

Pro: smoothies and juices are unique blends and super tasty, sunny dining area with cool toons playing (euro-cafe style with eco-green coloring), they had a great selection of sides and desserts (my two fav food groups), friendly and informative hostess/ordering bar, centrally located and easy to find, I could go on and on...

Con: everything is made to order/superfresh so plan to relax a few minutes:-)

windysgarden
windysgarden

Vegan Food Truck becomes Vegan Restaurant

5 Posted on 06 / 16 / 2012

I am a big fan of Green Seed Vegan. They recently moved to their own restaurant on the corner of Wheeler and Almeda. I immediately liked the ambiance of the restaurant. It's obvious that they took care in making this restaurant transform from a taqueria to vegan mainstay. It's walk-up service from the friendly owners or workers. I have to say everyone was happy. I had the "Dirty Burque" which is a fabulous veggie burger. It's made from a buckwheat patty, topped with avocado, chilies, arugula, cilantro - well a whole lot of wonderful. I downed it in no time flat. Their "Berry Blast" smoothie is made entirely from fruit and has no "milk" base. It is refreshing and, I have to say, one of the best smoothies in Houston. I highly recommend this restaurant to vegans and those aspiring so.

Pros: Fresh, Delicious, Diverse
Cons: Parking
sydwye
sydwye

Yumminess in my Tummy

5 Posted on 02 / 18 / 2012

We ordered the raw tacos, Green Seed Burger, Dill Sweet Potato fries and Kale chips. Everything was great. Our favorite was the raw taco, fresh and delish. I am not usually a fan of sweet potato fries but these were great without the normal after taste of french fries. The burger was hearty and fresh.

Pros: healthy, good value, friendly
Cons: lack of hours, no seating, long wait time for food
ashfnm
ashfnm

Delicious, Hearty Paninis

5 Posted on 11 / 04 / 2011

Great solid food with creativity! I had a zen panini with lemongrass and tempeh that was great. I also tried the Latini Panini which was also delicious. Whatever bread the Paninis are on is really yummy too. Awesome smoothies!

Make sure to try the kale salad too!

Pros: Healthy, Friendly staff, Good value
MizzB
MizzB

Gourmet vegan from a truck - it's about time!

5 Posted on 06 / 14 / 2011

The nation's fourth largest city is now playing big league in the foodie truck universe with Green Seed Vegan. Gourmet vegan food from a truck - who knew?
Highly recommend the Porta-panini, succulent, sliced baby portabella mushrooms grilled with mashed sweet potatoes served between panini slices. My side was the fresh-cut sweet potato fries, sprinkled with fresh dill and a hint of sea salt.
A berry blast smoothie rounded out my lunch - something to drink and dessert all in one.
Planning on working my way through the menu, as another reviewer mentioned.
It's a bit of a drive for me, yet one I will gladly make for food this good, at very affordable prices.

Pros: excellent, great tasting food, good value, fresh, vegan
Cons: no parking
Guest
Guest

Holy cow! Houston has a great vegan food truck!

5 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2011

If you're in Houston and you're looking for delicious vegan food, you must visit Green Seed Vegan, Houston's only veg food truck. GSV's menu runs the gamut from fresh hot sandwiches to raw delights. Grab a Green Seed Burger, some fresh-cut dill fries, and a cold Berry Blast smoothie (or strawberry-banana if you prefer), or try the juicy Illy Cheese steak sandwich, or a hot panini. If you want raw food, they've got that, too. The Mega Salad is very mega indeed, piled with spring mix, raw veggies, and protein-rich sprouts. Green Seed offers a variety of smoothies, live juices, and healthy shots (like wheat grass). GSV is also nicely located inside Houston's 610 Loop, near downtown - wonderful for those of us who tire of going out to 'the boonies' (outside 610, ha!) for vegan food in these days of high gas prices. Call ahead or text your order if you want to avoid waiting. It's fresh, so it takes a few minutes (although worth the wait). Now stop reading this and go call Green Seed, pick up your order, and say hi to Mattie and co. You'll be glad you did.

Pros: fantastic food, good value, friendly staff
rvasquez
rvasquez

Vegan Food Truck Yay!

5 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2011

I have been here three times so far and I have to say everything I have tried has been consistantly yummy! I'm in the process of trying everything on the menu and I haven't been dissapointed yet! I highly recommend the Tosh and the 'Illy Cheesesteak.

Now for the logistics:
The truck is located on Wheeler street, on the curb. There is no parking other than on the surrounding streets and there is no outdoor seating. Because everything is made fresh, there is an approximate 10 to 20 minute wait time which can be avoided if you order your food via phone/text. They actually recommend texting your order and then they'll text you back letting you know when it'll be ready. I highly recommend doing this as Houston can get pretty hot and there's not much shade at the location.

Pros: All Vegan, Locally grown, Fresh
Cons: Cash only

Dear Owner and Manager of Green Seed Vegan: