Serves meat, veg options available. The menu is mostly vegetarian and vegan. Serves wraps, sandwiches, salad, soup, juices and real fruit smoothies, acai berry bowls. Gluten free and wheat free options. Previously named Surfinista Cafe. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, American, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

teal
teal

Delicious!

4 Posted on 09 / 27 / 2014

Because of HappyCow, I tried Green Room Cafe about 30 minutes before it closed for the night.

While the majority of the menu's meatless items are vegetarian, the waitress was super helpful. She pointed out which would make great vegan entrees if we chose to adjust it.

I already had my heart set on "The Local" sandwich (peanut butter, banana, pineapple, and granola, the yogurt was replaced with some yummy blue chips with a salsa) and chose it. I was not disappointed!

This sandwich, while it isn't a typical sandwich and you may glance over it as a result, is the epitome of amazingness. It's delicious and refreshing - the only sad part is that Green Room Cafe isn't open tomorrow so I can snag it again on Sunday! Will definitely be back here to get "The Local" again.

* Also, the waitress showed me to the baked goods section! There were raw, vegan chocolate cherry cookies; they were very yummy and another reason to return to Green Room Cafe on my next travel to Cocoa Beach.

Pros: Helpful waitress, Vegan-friendly, Unique food combinations
Cons: Wish there were more default vegan items
cbfricker3
cbfricker3

Friendly, Tasty, A Bit Pricey

4 Posted on 07 / 05 / 2014

The staff is always friendly. The food is excellent and lots of vegan options.

Cons: A Little Pricey
slwms
slwms

great vegan options

4 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2014

i eat at the green room several times each month. some items are listed as vegan, but they are flexible and will accommodate request to alter a dish. my favorite is the "golden fold" i do not eat tofu often, but this has a great taste and texture. they also have a selection of vegan deserts for when i choose to indulge my sweet tooth.

Pros: excellent food, great staff, flexible

Richard Myers
Richard Myers

Excellent food and comfortable atmosphere

4 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2013

Four of us ate here and everyone left satisfied. I had the soup of the day, the vegan Reuben and a vegan desert. All of us felt the food was excellent and our server was well informed about the menu and worked hard to help us enjoy our visit to the restaurant.

Pros: Excellent food, Comfortable atmosphere, Server attended to our individual food n
amcclai1
amcclai1

Green Room Cafe

4 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2012

The food was delicious! I had the Yogi wrap - mmm, mmm good! They also offer vegan substitutes but I opted for no cheese. The staff was so, so friendly! It has a cozy atmosphere and a clean restroom (just one) which is a big plus for me.

Pros: Delicious and healthy food, vegan friendly, Very Friendly staff, Good prices
JRhodes
JRhodes

Yummy and Perfect!

4 Posted on 04 / 04 / 2012

When vacationing this Spring Break, we decided to head over to Cocoa Beach for a day on the beach. Being vegetarian AND a parent of a seven-year-old vegetarian kid, we work hard to find good meal spots when we are on the road! That is exactly what we found in the Green Room Cafe. Very friendly and accommodating staff, fun and tasteful decor, in a very relaxing setting. My husband and I split The Ruebio and the Spanish House, both tofu based sandwiches, both really delicious! My young son enjoyed The Inlet very much. The food was fresh and good and healthy - just what we were looking for.

Pros: Great food, Great service, Right near beach
Romdobe
Romdobe

great spot for vegan lunch

4 Posted on 10 / 13 / 2011

The service was fantastic. The girls changed ingredients on the wraps so they would be vegan. Yogi was our favorite wrap. We live thirty miles from the restaurant and it is well worth the trip

Pros: Vegan, Fresh, Excellent service
Charlie Behrens
Charlie Behrens

Feel the love

4 Posted on 10 / 02 / 2011

We are vegans living in Orlando, which is only an hour away, so go to the Green Room Cafe whenever we're out at the beach. We're especially grateful for the wide variety of vegan choices they have. Excellent juices. BIG helpings too. My family loves this place.

A favorite day is to go kayaking in the mangroves with the manatees in the cool of the morning, have a lunch here, then go out to the ocean waves in the afternoon for some happy body surfing.

Pros: Lots of vegan choices, Big portions, Great juices
Cons: Wish I lived closer, Portion size can be overwhelming
JKPerry
JKPerry

Vegans Beware

2 Posted on 06 / 02 / 2011

My husband and I lived in Titusville for a year and we were so excited to find this place. We told the waitress we were vegan and she guided us through the menu. I could not decide what to order from all the wonderful-sounding choices, so I asked the waitress for a suggestion. She said "The Inlet" was one of her favorites, so I went for it. My husband ordered something else and we really enjoyed our food. However, after a short walk on the beach afterward I found myself feeling nauseous. I threw up all the way back to Titusville and spent the rest of the day in bed. I found out later that I had eaten Quorn, which contains egg and milk ingredients. I emailed the restaurant seeking an apology and asking them to please label the vegan items on the menu and to train the staff better, but they never responded. I hate leaving such a bad review for one of the only primarily veg restaurants in Brevard County that also strives to be organic, but I felt my experience needed to be shared.

Pros: Mostly Veg, Organic, Location
Cons: Poor Knowledge of What Is Vegan, Made Me Sick, Vegan Not Labeled on Menu
Gabbeveg
Gabbeveg

Great little place!

4 Posted on 03 / 06 / 2011

The first time I came here a staff member came up and greeted me, and went on to ask if I was vegan or vegetarian. I told her I was vegan and She went on to point out any non vegan items on the menu and any that could be veganized. I feel this is a rare occurrence and appreciated her guidance very much. Service was great, food was great at a good price, not to mention very charming decor. Definitely going to be back.

Pros: friendly staff, mostly vegan/vegetarian, inexpensive
Cons: a little hard to find if not from the area
lishmon
lishmon

Green Room Rules!

4 Posted on 10 / 01 / 2010

I absolutely LOVE this place. The food at the Green Room is so good and I make it a point to eat here every time I am in Cocoa Beach. The only problem I have here is deciding which delectable item to get. I usually end up narrowing it down to two options, eating one in, and taking one to go. Some of the menu items contain cheese but, they offer vegan substitutions. Fortunately for my non-veg boyfriend, there is one chicken wrap on the menu that he loves as well. This place is also very conveniently located about 2 blocks off the beach 

coreyzupka
coreyzupka

Best Veg!!!!

4 Posted on 12 / 24 / 2009

This place is amazing, I ate there twice on my short visit in Orlando on my surfing trips to the beach. Great atmosphere, so cozy, "hip", surfing videos always playing and I might add the best Vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, YUM!!!! If you are vegan or vegetarian and need a wonderful place to stop in and eat while at the beach, Green Room is the place to be. I wide selection of beer, wraps, sandwiches, greens, smoothies and so many other wonders to devour. Tell Jennifer if she is working Corey says Hi from Iraq. Awesome prices too.

Pros: Healthy, friendly staff, variety
Cons: none , none, and none
  • Augustus Augustus

hey, cory, thanks for the review! i'm sold, i was looking for a place to eat while at the beach n i found it! i just wrote a reminder on my hand to tell jennifer you said hi!

ssavia
ssavia

EXCELLENT VEGETARIAN FOOD

4 Posted on 11 / 26 / 2009

We love the Green Room and eat there often. The food is fresh, creative and the cafe offers many vegetarian offerings such as wraps and salads and sometimes soups. They also offer fresh fruit smoothies and freshly made vegetable juices, including wheatgrass. The BEST LOCAL made Carrot Cake, and they also offer an excellent vegan German Chocolate Cake. A very pleasant environment, eclectic, great music and three tiny tv's over the bar playing surf videos and nature. Just down the street from the main center of old Cocoa Beach. I highly recommend the Green Room Cafe.

Pros: Excellent Food, Fresh Juices, Friendly Staff
Cons: Very Little Raw
consciousma
consciousma

cute place, great food

4 Posted on 11 / 18 / 2009

What a delight this place was. kid-friendly and most items are vegan, they do have cheese and tuna, but will make those dishes vegan. Baked goods are ok, good not great. Fresh salad, mostly everything is prepared fresh and from scratch.

The kids meals come with an organic juice box & gluten free cookie, but the juice was high in sugar. I suggested they add quinoa to the menu as the dishes would go well with it.

My husband liked his meal so much he had 2nds.

Pros: kid friendly, nice atmosphere & people
Cons: baked goods are ok
aliveandhealthy
aliveandhealthy
  • raw

Fabulous Food and great atmosphere

4 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2009

These girls rock! Great food at great prices and a really hip atomosphere. Bright and cheerful and the staff is quick and helpful. Organic, not vegan, but they have some vegan items and Wheat-free/gluten-free baked goods. Support them and it will grow :)

Dear Owner and Manager of Green Room Cafe: