Natural food restaurant offering quick meals including vegan falafel, seitan and tofu burgers, stir fry, sandwiches, and shakes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by Laui
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

decent

3 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2014

They were out of several items we tried to order. It was decent but not impressive. I've had better.

For quick, cheap food, it's ok.

Pros: all veg
Cons: not impressive
Bee_
Bee_

Okay for quick bites

3 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2014

I ate here a lot, it's good for times when you want to have a quick bite. Not the healthiest option though, it's more of vegan fast food.

I like their smoothies, you just have to ask for no honey or agave added if you're vegan or you just don't want or like it, as they add sweetener if you do not tell them not to.

I would recommend their hemp burger with spicy tomato sauce, and falafels also, they're quite good. Other things on the menu are either not vegan or just not appealing to me.

Pros: Located in city center, Quick and friendly staff, Fresh smoothies
Cons: No seating place, Not healthy, Poor menu options
rhelune
rhelune

Can't recommend it

2 Posted on 11 / 10 / 2013

I was happy when I heard a vegetarian fast food had opened in the city centre. So, first, I tried a smoothie made with soya milk. I didn't want any sweetener because I knew banana would make it sweet enough, just like it does when I make smoothies at home. The smoothie lacked flavour and (sweet) taste, it obviously lacked - fruit.

The next time I tried one of the wok dishes - rice with tofu stir fry. If all vegetables are chopped in advance, stir-frying shouldn't take more than 5 minutes in a hot enough wok. But, for some reason, they had it stir-fried in advance. The rice wasn't kept warm in a rice cooker. I ordered brown rice - it was overcooked and mushy (see photos). I didn't think that was possible with brown rice. I had trouble identifying one stir-fry ingredient, but in the end I recognized it - overcooked limp bamboo shoots. The dish was room temperature. They serve their wok dishes in disposable plastic containers and with plastic cutlery even if they are to be eaten in the restaurant (also, there are no seats), but that doesn't affect my rating. I only rate the food.

It took me many months to try something else there. A few months ago I ordered a hemp-burger. It was rather bland and lacked umami. There are many vegan ingredients that can be used to add umami to burgers: soya sauce, miso, umeboshi vinegar, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, sauerkraut, nutritional yeast... Vegan food can, and in many restaurants does, taste very umami and satisfying.

A couple a weeks later I ordered a seitan burger because I was hungry. It was equally bland.

Green Point is not a representative of vegan food. I wouldn't like for some meat-eaters to try it and then conclude that all vegan food is bland, and that it can't be made tasty without any ingredients of animal origin because - that's simply not true. Tasty vegan food can be found in Zagreb.

If you want a vegan burger, try Vegehop (they have a stand at a nearby mall). If you want a stir fry, try one of the conventional Chinese restaurants serving tofu (but check with the waiter if the dish is vegan before ordering).

Pros: cheap, location
Cons: bland, tasteless, flavourless, stir fries served at room temperature, overcooked and mushy brown rice

Smaik
Smaik

Vegan fast food

4 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2013

In the center and the perfect place to eat a burger if you don't have enough time.I had 2 burgers and my girlfriend ate wok-nudles... it was good but not the best things we ate in zagred! but of course it wants to be fast food and thats what you get - good and cheap fast food! :)

Pros: Friendly, Cheap, Good fast food
Cons: Not that healthy at all ;-), no place to sit
FrankLee
FrankLee

Worst. Burger. Ever.

2 Posted on 07 / 05 / 2013

This is vegetarian fast food at its worst. Lovely staff - it looked promising - but stale bread, drowned in mayonnaise with old produce and a deep fried "burger" made this a terrible experience. My friend and I both threw our burgers out, feeling like we were doing more harm to our body than good. Go for your own experience - but we won't be coming back, sorry Green Point.

Pros: Friendly staff
Cons: The taste of the burgers , Don't fool yourself - this is not "healthy"
mojovegan
mojovegan

Staff is unfriendly, food is ok

2 Posted on 03 / 15 / 2013

We Where there 4 times. The food was ok, but a little bit disappointing.The staff was every time unfriendly. There is nothing to sit. It was rainy outsite and we had to go out, because she don't allow to sit on the stairs...

Pros: cheap, central
Cons: unfriendly staff, nothing to sit
KateHAL
KateHAL

Good and cheap fast food, vegan friendly

4 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2013

Green Point is a little take-away place right in the centre of Zagreb. They have a good selection of salads, sandwiches and burgers. The salads are fantastic (especially with the dressings they offer), the burgers on the other hand were, though yummy, a bit blunt. There is only a long bar table, but no chairs, so you cannot really stay there and eat your food in a comfortable way. Staff are friendly and helpful and accustomed with vegan requests.

Pros: cheap, great salads, great staff
Cons: no tables or chairs
Laui
Laui

Good'n'Cheap

4 Posted on 07 / 28 / 2012

A little place located close by the center. The burgers and the shakes are really good. The prices are cheap and the food yummy. You can't eat in the restaurant. They are really vegan friendly they even have a soya cream "cheese".

Dear Owner and Manager of Green Point: