Vegan food restaurant with 2 locations; this one opened May 2013 and offers a larger menu. Offers cakes and baked goods and a mix of international foods. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Bakery, Latin American
Carmen Bajo 235 (San Blas)
Cusco, Peru
Now Open

Mon-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm

First Review by DIANE240378
Cieloazul
Cieloazul

yummm!

Posted on 02 / 03 / 2016

Beautiful dishes - totally vegan. I had a healthy green juice that tasted wonderful - a grilled potato salad and squash soup. very satisfied. bathrooms are clean. place was packed! we shared a table with 2 other parties. it was worth it. side note - I always 5 star a restaurant that makes me go to the bathroom right after - smooth & easy. one meal in, one meal out - health is your wealth.

Dave_Thespooncarver
Dave_Thespooncarver

Amazing. Just amazing.

Posted on 02 / 03 / 2016

Huge menu. Has everything. Raw and cooked. Delicious. Good size portions. Decent prices. Has an extensive cheap course meal too for 12 soles.

Pros: Huge menu.
Cons: I dont have two stomachs.
Grabsy
Grabsy

great vegan food

Posted on 01 / 24 / 2016

This is the first veg food I have had in Peru that actually rivalled the vegan fare we can get back home in Montreal. I had the pumpkin sweet potato ravioli which was delicious as well as my first pisco sour (made without eggs!). the rest of my party ordered the rice and beans, seitan saltada, and the raw sushi. everything was plated beautifully and looked delicious. The only negative I have to report was the chocolate cookie we got to go. it tasted as though there was no sugar in it at all.. I guess it is supposed to be healthy but I wouldn't really call that a cookie. just because we are vegan does not mean we can't treat ourselves. All in all it was delicious and I am contemplating returning for dinner tonight even though there are several other veg restaurants we have yet to try.
Updated from previous review on Friday January 22, 2016
Edit: we went back and ordered from the sandwich menu which were 15 soles each and came with fries! It was so much food we couldn't eat half of it. Delicious and affordable!

Pros: all vegan, friendly staff
Cons: sad cookies

ZE
ZE

Delicious but order carefully

Posted on 01 / 12 / 2016

We are here several times. The bread is homemade and amazing, as was the mixed grill for two. Some of the dishes weren't that good - tacos were soggy for example - but overall pretty delicious. Service is slow.

Pros: Everything made from scratch , 2 convenient locations
Cons: Service is very slow, A little pricey for Peru
Yvette Rigby
Yvette Rigby

Worth The Price

Posted on 12 / 06 / 2015

While the prices here are relatively high, the food is absolutely worth it. We came here for breakfast, and ordered waffles with nutella (8 soles) plus a huge loaf of bread (4 soles). The bread is amazing - flaky, salty, soft and oily, and cheap!

Pros: All Vegan, Delicious
sunniezuleta
sunniezuleta

BEST VEGAN FOOD EVER!

Posted on 10 / 28 / 2015

I kid you not, my friends and I ate here everyday whilst in cusco. The food is incredible and there are so many options. The portions are huge and the pricing is incredible value for the quality and the quantity that you get. I tried almost everything on the menu and was never disappointed. If you are in cusco you definitely have to try this place. I would recommend requesting for outdoor seating if available because it's very beautiful. Unless you have a big party that seating is usually shared but it's a great way to meet fellow vegans. The chocolate maca smoothie is good, the raviolis, the green juices and the avocado. toast were all favourites. Also try out the other green point as both have slightly different menus and are incredible.

LorenaH
LorenaH

This is a fantastic place

Posted on 10 / 24 / 2015

Lots of tables, lots of items on the menu -- all VEGAN!
Very tasty, and an especially good deal - the price, quantity, and quality of the food. And they have a lunch special menu that is priced so low it's hard to believe.
All the staff are great, friendly, helpful. First time I went in and saw "creamy" soup on the menu I didn't order it, but next time I asked and found out it is NUT milk.. . and good too! Always busy, but don't worry, it's great.

Pros: 100% vegan , no fake meat, generous portions, very tasty
lovekaletravel
lovekaletravel

Best food I ever had!

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2015

My husband and I tried the other Green Point and wanted to try this one to see how the food is. It 's by far the best vegan food I ever had! And it was very affordable too. We are here for breakfast and ordered 3 dishes and 4 drinks. The total is only $40 soles! Can't bet that!

beckettthedog
beckettthedog

Excellent!

Posted on 08 / 28 / 2015

Outstanding vegan dishes, in a beautiful setting.
Delicious Peruvian vegan food. Really good desserts as well. Don't miss it.
English spoken.

VeganDonna
VeganDonna

THE best

Posted on 08 / 13 / 2015

We ate here three times. The presentation of the food was high end gourmet quality. The servings were huge. The food delicious. My veggie daughter said she would go vegan if she could eat like this! The food was on par of Vedge in Philadelphia

TahirehMohebati
TahirehMohebati

Best vegan restaurant I've ever been to!

Posted on 06 / 24 / 2015

When we discovered this place on the first day we arrived in Cusco, we came here for lunch every day where were there. We would always get the lunch special: a variety of beautiful salads and house made fresh dressings, followed by an amazing vegetable soup, then we would choose 1 of 2 options of a main dish. The main dishes were presented so beautifully, as if you were at a 5 star restaurant. Then the meal finished off with a humble vegan dessert. Oh and did I mention that you also get a fresh juice or iced tea along with your meal? All this for an amazingly affordable price. The courtyard that the restaurant has is also such a beautiful setting for a meal. You must go here if you're in Cusco!

Pros: Desserts, Freshness , Everything is made in house
CherryFlamingo
CherryFlamingo

One of my favourite restaurant in the world!

Posted on 06 / 08 / 2015

One of my favourite restaurant in the world! Seriously it was so good I went to eat there four times and I asked to meet the chef (called Elvis, it's the King of the Vegan cuisine!). Everything is delicious, hearty, original and cheap. I discovered too late by asking their card before to leave Cuzco they give Vegan cooking classes!!!

maynard7
maynard7

About the best I found in all of Peru

Posted on 05 / 16 / 2015

So many have already reviewed this place, so not much I can say. I liked the salad bar that comes with the meal of the day. It's currently 12 soles for the meal, and I think the foreign servers expect tips here (in small restaurants in Peru in general, people don't leave tips). The food was good as was the atmosphere. My hotel was nearby, which is good as it's about a ten minute walk from the main square. Recommended to all. By the way the set meal deal ends at 3pm, and then you have to order from the menu. I'ven been to Peru over 15 times and eaten in countless veggie places. This one is definitely the best, and borders on haute cuisine!

Updated from previous review on Friday May 15, 2015

Pros: Food
An-Magritt
An-Magritt

Amazing food!

Posted on 04 / 07 / 2015

I have only good things to say about this place, the food was SO good, good prices and a friendly staff. The first time we went here we had the set menu, that gives you a lot of food for your money. We had a delicious soup, calzone and an amazing chocolatecake. + a saladbar:)

Other days we tried sandwiches, lasagne, tacos. Everything was superyummy!

You can also by homemade products here, like nutella and jam.

Try try try!

Noixdjouca
Noixdjouca

Excellent !!

Posted on 03 / 27 / 2015

Green Point is one of the best vegan restaurant I ever tried: there are a lot of different dish for everyone’s taste !
Everything I tried (breakfast, juice, smoothies, lasagna, pizza, chocolate mousse...) was just delicious..
Moreover, the staff is very friendly and helpful ! I truly recommand this restaurant :)

Pros: delicious, homemade and original, a lot of choices
xZagx
xZagx

best restaurant in Peru (South america?)

Posted on 03 / 24 / 2015

I went to eat there 5 times in 4 days....
Friendly staff, good and varied food, openings hours, activist pictures, location, I appreciated a lot of this place.
BUT I have to say, sometimes the amount of served food is too much and a starter might be enough for the whole meal. I've tried the pizza, the hamburger, the lasagna, the raw sushis, everything were successful...
For the dinner, they may have a lot of customers and the food can take a while to be prepared (it's normal, everything is homemade), then don't go there as you would go to a fast food ! It's not.
The prices look like moderate or expensive but when you see the size of the plates, you'll conclude that is definitely inexpensive.
The breakfasts are varied and very good, I enjoyed the waffles with homemade slicing chocolate pasta and the chia yogurt.

Pros: the menu is amazingly long, everything is homemade
Cons: sometimes too much food

Wow

Posted on 03 / 18 / 2015

Went to green point twice during my stay in Cusco last week (once for dinner and again the next morning for breakfast). Both were delicious! Their menu is extensive, and everything looked so amazing that fellow diners would uuhh and aahh every time a plate was served. The taste was equally amazing! I highly recommend this place. Go early, because it fills up fast. Oh, and I bought some of the maca chia bread for my trip home that day.... I wish i would have gotten more...
Updated from previous review on Wednesday March 18, 2015

Pros: convenient location in the historic area, super friendly staff, great fresh food
Cons: service can be a bit slow at times
    nlukas51

this should have been rated five stars....

booya
booya

great place

Posted on 02 / 17 / 2015

My wife and I are vegan Americans and love finding off the beaten path places like this. Seems like #1 in Cusco. Note that the closing times listed on happy cow are incorrect. They close at 10:00pm and the kitchen stops at 9:30pm, so plan accordingly. Enjoy!

ElleJohanna
ElleJohanna

Amazing- if you are in Cusco, eat here!

Posted on 02 / 05 / 2015

I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant. My husband and I visited in May 2014 and we were completely overwhelmed. Tucked away on a little side street, the restaurant itself was quaint and welcoming. (We walked from our hotel near the main square and it was not more than 15min. Do look it up on a map and know where you're going as it's not the easiest to find)
We had just finished the Inca trail and were so excited for fresh vegan food we ordered way too much, but they were very kind and packed up the extras for us. We had: fresh mint lemonade, pumpkin cream soup, vegan creole soup, the samosas, the lasagna, mushroom risotto, and the chocolate cake. Everything was delicious, but the lasagna really blew me away. Everything is incredibly fresh and made with care- it shows. The server was kind and spoke English, which we were grateful for. When we finished our meal my husband went and found the owner and we chatted with him. He was so kind, and clearly cares so much about what he does.
The only downside was that we found Green Point on our last evening in Cusco and were not able to go back. If you are visiting Cusco, go here near the beginning of your visit, as you will want to go back! So delighted to find this place, we still talk about it as one of the highlights of our three weeks in beautiful Peru.

Pros: Amazing food and great price, Cozy, welcoming atmosphere, Kind owner and servers
Cons: I don't live in Cusco!
VindieBeat
VindieBeat

¡Excelente!

Posted on 02 / 02 / 2015

Buen precio, la carta súper variada y el menú diario es abundante, barato y rico, lindo lugar, todo muy bien, salí feliz.

Pros: Menú barato y abundante, Carta variada, Lugar bonito
Winedunce
Winedunce

LOVED this restaurant!

Posted on 12 / 09 / 2014

We were in Cusco for five days and we ate here every day - and sometimes twice a day. We didn't expect to find a vegan restaurant in Cusco and were overwhelmed that this one had delicious food and so many choices. The food is really excellent for vegans or non-vegans (we took some non-vegans there and they loved it too). They hand-make pretty much everything including vegan yogurts, condiments, baked goods. They had delicious breakfast options with cereals and dried fruits, biscuits. And, lunches and dinners have both raw and cooked options. Many customers are international (either vegan or visiting Peru for Ayahuasca tea ceremonies (which recommend a plant-based nutritional cleanse ahead of time). Staff is very friendly and accommodating. This restaurant was one of our favorite things about Cusco. We couldn't wait to head back for our next meal. The only con is that the chefs vary. Meaning - one day I ordered this delicious breakfast cereal that arrived hot (quinoa and some other grain with dried fruit) and the next time I ordered it - it came like cold cereal and wasn't the same thing at all. But both were good.

Pros: delicious vegan food, homemade everything, cute outdoor patio upstairs
KrissiHeinze
KrissiHeinze

muuuuuuuy rico

Posted on 11 / 18 / 2014

La comida y las bebidas son muy ricas y las personas son muy amables!
El mejor restaurante en Cusco! :)

blsrsuz
blsrsuz

Love Vegan Green Point

Posted on 10 / 25 / 2014

An all vegan restaurant is truly a surprise in Cuzco. As with other reviewers, we ate there every day and sometimes twice a day! Being vegans it is such a delight to be able to order anything on the menu without having to worry or having to explain. The wait staff is also very wonderful and cheerful. Green Point, thank you for being in existence and for helping save the planet and the animals with your food. We need a Green Point in Boston, MA! Keep up the great work.

Pros: great food, menu of the day for 10Soles, large portions
Cons: none I can think of
nemar
nemar

Amazing

Posted on 10 / 25 / 2014

Some of the best food that I have had in all of peru. Did not have a single dish that was not amazing. The ravioli and the vegan mousse was the top winners though. Also the best set 10 sole lunch one could ask for. They have Vegan hot chocolate, vegan pisco sour, and also some of the best bread I have ever had. You will not be disappointed.

Pros: amazing service, amazing food, and great atmospher
vegeze
vegeze

El mejor resto vegano

Posted on 10 / 07 / 2014

No se pierdan Green Point. Mi lugar favorito por lejos, buena comida, abundante, bien presentada, con buena atencion y ambiente. A pesar de no ser el mas barato, termina siendo barato para su categoria. El menu del mediodia a s/10 si que es barato ya que incluye bebida, ensalada, primer plato, segundo y postre.
Gracias por las incontables veces que comi ahi en los 20 dias de cusco, incluso me abrieron las puertas cuando ya estaban cerrando un domingo 21.30hs.
Super recomendable.

SagarKShah
SagarKShah

Excellent.

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2014

I visited Green Point three times so far in my visit to Cusco and have been delighted with the food each time. The vegan lasagne and ravioli dishes were excellent, and the portion sizes are generous. It also has friendly staff and a very warm atmosphere. Would strongly recommend to all vegans visiting Cusco.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendlly service, Generous portion sizes
Cons: Sometimes gets a bit busy
sglcklch
sglcklch

A real gem!

Posted on 07 / 22 / 2014

I can only add to all the raving reviews by saying that this restaurant was truly phenomenal. My partner and I were in Cusco for three days and we ate dinner here every single evening. It was THAT good!

In those three meals, we had the broccoli and spinach soup; the samosas and the potato rolls for appetizers; the lasagne, the ravioli, the lentil burger, and the raw Swiss chard rolls for entrées; and the chocolate cake for dessert. There wasn't one single dish we didn't love, and everything was vegan to boot. Some of them did come out a little different from what we had in mind, but only better and no less tasty. The food quality really surpassed our expectations by far. Mind you, though, the serving sizes were humongous. The starters could very well be main courses, so go easy on the ordering. Plus, you will need to save room for that incredible chocolate cake. It was dense, dark, chocolaty, and not overly sweet—pure perfection. Our bills averaged out to less than $25 for two. Sweet! Oh, did I even mention all their breads were made in house??

They make their own nut milks, cheeses, yogurts, and jams. They also serve breakfast buffet and 10-sole set lunch. Only if we had had a few more days in the city...

Pros: delicious food, great value, all vegan
Patapompon
Patapompon

Fantastic restaurant

Posted on 07 / 03 / 2014

I've been there during my trip in Cusco and the region, and it is definitely one of the best vegan restaurants, and has for sure a very good quality-price ratio.
I took the menu (S/. 10), that includes the salad (you can create it as you want, with delicious sauces and bread, and the refill only costs 1S), the soup, the main course (I chose the hamburger with beans steak, very good) and the dessert, with a drink (apple juice with something I don't remember). The dessert looked so good that I manage to make room for another dessert (shared with a friend) even if my belly was already happy and full after the menu. No regret, the dessert (quinua in coco milk with caramelized almonds) was so good, and costed only 8S.
My only regret was that the vegan pisco sour wasn't available at this time, and now that I've been told the secret I dream to go back in Cusco to taste it.
A place to go if you're willing to pay more than 5S for a menu (and it is worth the 10) without having a delicious food too expansive.

Pros: Vegan, Delicious, Quality-price !
eselbrot
eselbrot

Fantastic Restaurant

Posted on 04 / 26 / 2014

We were there every day while we were in Cusco and ate our way almost through all of the menu. We had one non-vegan person with us who was also stunned by the great taste of the food
Updated from previous review on Saturday April 26, 2014

Pros: Taste, All-Vegan, Friendly
joakimikaoj
joakimikaoj

One of the very best!

Posted on 03 / 23 / 2014

Okay, I do like chocolate. But a chocolate cake making me cry? Didn´t think that was possible - until I went to Green Point.
This place so very much deserves the reviews here. Everything, from the best-value set lunch for 10 soles to the spotless service and the olive bread to take home is nothing short of amazing.
Great innovative smoothies, beautifully presented raw sushi, and delicious soups. Wow. Wow!

Pros: Best value, Presentation, Deliciousness
Cons: I don´t live in Cusco
katy3
katy3

Excellent food and service

Posted on 01 / 01 / 2014

This was our to-go restaurant during our trip to Cusco. It definitely lives up to the perfect reviews on Happycow! It's great to know that this place is all vegan and organic (I think), so I didn't have to worry about asking about ingredients in every dish, which would've been almost impossible since we barely knew any Spanish.

This place is small with just a few tables. The ambiance is... for lack of better words, rustic and romantic. The service was excellent! Ofir was our server every time we visited and he made great suggestions on dishes and even drinks that would complement the dishes that we ordered! Thank you, Ofir!

We came here for lunch on our first day and had:

Pumpkin cream - nicely flavored and perfect size to share between two people
Samosas - comes with 3 HUGE samosas filled with vegetables. Even though it's fried, it wasn't greasy. The vegetable stuffing was very well seasoned and not too salty. It was the best samosas I've ever had!
Lasagne - I didn't have any, but my husband said that it has the perfect levels of "cheesiness", sweetness, and pasta-ness.
Rice and beans - the plate was HUGE!

We had dinner here the day after returning from Machu Picchu:

Broccoli and spinach soup - it's just the right level of creaminess and I could taste the healthiness of it; although I think I prefer the taste of the pumpkin cream better.

Spagetti with coconut sauce - It had a subtle sweetness to it, which was very nice. Interestingly, I didn't taste the coconut in the sauce. The only downside to the dish was that it was a bit on the salty side.

Ravioli - The sauce was similar to the sauce on the lasagne, which was excellent.

Sweet quinoa dessert - It lived up to its name. It was quite sweet, which hit the spot, since I was craving sweets. The presentation was beautiful! I'll try to post pics.

Chocolate cake - This is a must try. It was not overly sweet and the chocolate flavor came out very nicely. The strawberry sauce (I think it was a strawberry-based sauce) complemented the cake very well. I was in heaven eating the cake. I'm salivating just thinking about it.

On our last lunch in Cusco, we had the lunch special. It came with a soup, main dish, and a chocolate mousse for dessert. The portion was just right and the price (36 soles for two people including a drink order) can't be beat!

Vegan or not, I highly recommend this place when you're visiting Cusco. You won't regret it!

Pros: Great food, Huge portions, Great price
jencompgeek
jencompgeek

Vegan Pisco Sours!

Posted on 12 / 10 / 2013

We visited Green Point before and after our Inca Trail trek in November, and both times it was delicious. The samosas, mushroom risotto, and lasagna were especially tasty and the portions were generous. And I was really excited to find Pisco Sours on the menu. I had been wanting to try one while in Peru, but they are usually made with egg whites. I only wish we had room for desert, as it looked really tasty! The price was a bit high by Cusco standards, but well worth it.

Pros: delicious food, pisco sours
Cons: a bit pricey
proper or pompous?
proper or pompous?

favorite in peru!

Posted on 11 / 27 / 2013

the only 100% vegan restaurant in cusco, and the best food i had in peru. eating at green point was a daily activity, and i stayed six days in cusco. the andean potatoes with chili sauce is fantastic as a side or starter, and the pumpkin with cashew cheese ravioli is amazing. everything i sampled at green point was great. if you're vegan, this is by far the best option in cusco.

hippieonrail
hippieonrail

Awesomeness at its best!

Posted on 10 / 18 / 2013

I was in Cusco for several days and I went there AT LEAST once a day, the food was so delicious! Especially the "Milanesa de champiñon con tomate al olivo espinacas y papas fritas" (Burger with a patty made out of mushrooms) was divine, as were the samosas. Unfortunately, I didn't get to taste the Temaki, they looked delicious as well.
The atmosphere is great. Even though it is not very expensive, it definitely is a "touristy" place to eat. They serve a delicious and cheap menu for lunch. I thinkit costs 10 soles - which is not very cheap in Peru, but its worth it - you get a glass of juice, a plate from the salad bar, starter, main dish and desert and tea.
I also ordered the Bonbones de Chocolate, which you have to order min. 6 pieces at least 1 day in advance because they are handmade specially for you.
All that's left to say: one of the best vegan restaurants I've been to - GO THERE!

Pros: excellent food, wifi, good value
Aaabbbccc
Aaabbbccc

Wow!!

Posted on 10 / 11 / 2013

Absolutely delicious!! Vegan pumpkin ravioli with homemade vegan cheese and avocado chocolate mousse, this best vegan food in Peru by far!! Very high standards. Thank you !

Pros: Great variety of delicious food and prices, Excellent staff and environment, Only 100% vegan place in cusco
Cons: *****
ncandlp
ncandlp

BEST Vegan restaurant we have ever eaten at!

Posted on 10 / 06 / 2013

This is by far the BEST vegan restaurant we have EVER eaten at!!!!!!
As passionate vegans, we are always in search of exciting food when we travel. Well, Green Point blew us away. We ate there for several meals and ordered as much as we possibly could so that we could taste everything. Our only regret is that we didn't have longer in Cusco to eat here more.
Outstanding value, great portion sizes, please leave a BIG tip!
Choosing a favorite dish would be like choosing between your children, impossible! Some highlights ... the burger, pumpkin ravioli, soba noodles, samosas, lasagna, menu of the day and the quinoa pudding dessert ... YUM!!!!!! We even took some meals away for our flight ... the chaufa was sublime.
The love and energy of the owners and staff infused in the food is the secret ingredient. This place is the real deal - it's run by ethical vegans and that makes all the difference. Shamans is a pretend vegan restaurant (still offering lots of non-vegan options), Green Point is authentic and stands for so much, a refreshing change in this world! The owners (Fabri and Dani) are beautiful people who we loved spending time with and hearing their moving story of how they came to be vegan and open the restaurant. If you only do one thing in Cusco, EAT HERE!! With so much love and gratitude for Green Point, thank you for the best food ever and the magical environment you have created for your guests. xoxoxo

Pros: Ethical vegans - authentic, the real dea, Amazing food , Outstanding value- huge portions
Cons: That we don't live in Cusco! :(
HeatherMeagher
HeatherMeagher

go there!

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2013

Delicious food. Homemade nut milks and cheeses. Had a delicious chestnut milk and amazing chocolate cake. Not to be missed!

DIANE240378
DIANE240378

amazing place

Posted on 07 / 01 / 2013

I ate here for lunch & dinner one day & loved it. It has such a cool atmosphere with pure vegan food & the chef & waitress are a lovely couple who are so helpful & speak great english.The food & menu of the day are great value & i felt so happy,healthy & satisfied with it.It was so easy to eat from the menu & not try to explain than i am vegan & not vegatarian.I could totally trust that the menu was safe without any animal in it.I would definitely go back for more.oh ya almost forgot to say they sell chemical free cosmetics aswell.Ask to see the brochure
Updated from previous review on Monday July 01, 2013