Vegan food restaurant opened May 2013. Offers cakes and baked goods and a mix of international foods. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, South American, Peruvian, International, Bakery, Beer/Wine, Take-out
Carmen Bajo 235 (San Blas)
Cusco, Peru

Open daily 8am-11pm.

First Review by DIANE240378
sglcklch
sglcklch

A real gem!

5 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2014

I can only add to all the raving reviews by saying that this restaurant was truly phenomenal. My partner and I were in Cusco for three days and we ate dinner here every single evening. It was THAT good!

In those three meals, we had the broccoli and spinach soup; the samosas and the potato rolls for appetizers; the lasagne, the ravioli, the lentil burger, and the raw Swiss chard rolls for entrées; and the chocolate cake for dessert. There wasn't one single dish we didn't love, and everything was vegan to boot. Some of them did come out a little different from what we had in mind, but only better and no less tasty. The food quality really surpassed our expectations by far. Mind you, though, the serving sizes were humongous. The starters could very well be main courses, so go easy on the ordering. Plus, you will need to save room for that incredible chocolate cake. It was dense, dark, chocolaty, and not overly sweet—pure perfection. Our bills averaged out to less than $25 for two. Sweet! Oh, did I even mention all their breads were made in house??

They make their own nut milks, cheeses, yogurts, and jams. They also serve breakfast buffet and 10-sole set lunch. Only if we had had a few more days in the city...

Pros: delicious food, great value, all vegan
Patapompon
Patapompon

Fantastic restaurant

5 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2014

I've been there during my trip in Cusco and the region, and it is definitely one of the best vegan restaurants, and has for sure a very good quality-price ratio.
I took the menu (S/. 10), that includes the salad (you can create it as you want, with delicious sauces and bread, and the refill only costs 1S), the soup, the main course (I chose the hamburger with beans steak, very good) and the dessert, with a drink (apple juice with something I don't remember). The dessert looked so good that I manage to make room for another dessert (shared with a friend) even if my belly was already happy and full after the menu. No regret, the dessert (quinua in coco milk with caramelized almonds) was so good, and costed only 8S.
My only regret was that the vegan pisco sour wasn't available at this time, and now that I've been told the secret I dream to go back in Cusco to taste it.
A place to go if you're willing to pay more than 5S for a menu (and it is worth the 10) without having a delicious food too expansive.

Pros: Vegan, Delicious, Quality-price !
eselbrot
eselbrot

Fantastic Restaurant

5 Posted on 04 / 26 / 2014

We were there every day while we were in Cusco and ate our way almost through all of the menu. We had one non-vegan person with us who was also stunned by the great taste of the food
Updated from previous review on Saturday April 26, 2014

Pros: Taste, All-Vegan, Friendly
joakimikaoj
joakimikaoj

One of the very best!

5 Posted on 03 / 23 / 2014

Okay, I do like chocolate. But a chocolate cake making me cry? Didn´t think that was possible - until I went to Green Point.
This place so very much deserves the reviews here. Everything, from the best-value set lunch for 10 soles to the spotless service and the olive bread to take home is nothing short of amazing.
Great innovative smoothies, beautifully presented raw sushi, and delicious soups. Wow. Wow!

Pros: Best value, Presentation, Deliciousness
Cons: I don´t live in Cusco
katy3
katy3

Excellent food and service

5 Posted on 01 / 01 / 2014

This was our to-go restaurant during our trip to Cusco. It definitely lives up to the perfect reviews on Happycow! It's great to know that this place is all vegan and organic (I think), so I didn't have to worry about asking about ingredients in every dish, which would've been almost impossible since we barely knew any Spanish.

This place is small with just a few tables. The ambiance is... for lack of better words, rustic and romantic. The service was excellent! Ofir was our server every time we visited and he made great suggestions on dishes and even drinks that would complement the dishes that we ordered! Thank you, Ofir!

We came here for lunch on our first day and had:

Pumpkin cream - nicely flavored and perfect size to share between two people
Samosas - comes with 3 HUGE samosas filled with vegetables. Even though it's fried, it wasn't greasy. The vegetable stuffing was very well seasoned and not too salty. It was the best samosas I've ever had!
Lasagne - I didn't have any, but my husband said that it has the perfect levels of "cheesiness", sweetness, and pasta-ness.
Rice and beans - the plate was HUGE!

We had dinner here the day after returning from Machu Picchu:

Broccoli and spinach soup - it's just the right level of creaminess and I could taste the healthiness of it; although I think I prefer the taste of the pumpkin cream better.

Spagetti with coconut sauce - It had a subtle sweetness to it, which was very nice. Interestingly, I didn't taste the coconut in the sauce. The only downside to the dish was that it was a bit on the salty side.

Ravioli - The sauce was similar to the sauce on the lasagne, which was excellent.

Sweet quinoa dessert - It lived up to its name. It was quite sweet, which hit the spot, since I was craving sweets. The presentation was beautiful! I'll try to post pics.

Chocolate cake - This is a must try. It was not overly sweet and the chocolate flavor came out very nicely. The strawberry sauce (I think it was a strawberry-based sauce) complemented the cake very well. I was in heaven eating the cake. I'm salivating just thinking about it.

On our last lunch in Cusco, we had the lunch special. It came with a soup, main dish, and a chocolate mousse for dessert. The portion was just right and the price (36 soles for two people including a drink order) can't be beat!

Vegan or not, I highly recommend this place when you're visiting Cusco. You won't regret it!

Pros: Great food, Huge portions, Great price

jencompgeek
jencompgeek

Vegan Pisco Sours!

5 Posted on 12 / 10 / 2013

We visited Green Point before and after our Inca Trail trek in November, and both times it was delicious. The samosas, mushroom risotto, and lasagna were especially tasty and the portions were generous. And I was really excited to find Pisco Sours on the menu. I had been wanting to try one while in Peru, but they are usually made with egg whites. I only wish we had room for desert, as it looked really tasty! The price was a bit high by Cusco standards, but well worth it.

Pros: delicious food, pisco sours
Cons: a bit pricey
proper or pompous?
proper or pompous?

favorite in peru!

5 Posted on 11 / 27 / 2013

the only 100% vegan restaurant in cusco, and the best food i had in peru. eating at green point was a daily activity, and i stayed six days in cusco. the andean potatoes with chili sauce is fantastic as a side or starter, and the pumpkin with cashew cheese ravioli is amazing. everything i sampled at green point was great. if you're vegan, this is by far the best option in cusco.

hippieonrail
hippieonrail

Awesomeness at its best!

5 Posted on 10 / 18 / 2013

I was in Cusco for several days and I went there AT LEAST once a day, the food was so delicious! Especially the "Milanesa de champiñon con tomate al olivo espinacas y papas fritas" (Burger with a patty made out of mushrooms) was divine, as were the samosas. Unfortunately, I didn't get to taste the Temaki, they looked delicious as well.
The atmosphere is great. Even though it is not very expensive, it definitely is a "touristy" place to eat. They serve a delicious and cheap menu for lunch. I thinkit costs 10 soles - which is not very cheap in Peru, but its worth it - you get a glass of juice, a plate from the salad bar, starter, main dish and desert and tea.
I also ordered the Bonbones de Chocolate, which you have to order min. 6 pieces at least 1 day in advance because they are handmade specially for you.
All that's left to say: one of the best vegan restaurants I've been to - GO THERE!

Pros: excellent food, wifi, good value
Aaabbbccc
Aaabbbccc

Wow!!

5 Posted on 10 / 11 / 2013

Absolutely delicious!! Vegan pumpkin ravioli with homemade vegan cheese and avocado chocolate mousse, this best vegan food in Peru by far!! Very high standards. Thank you !

Pros: Great variety of delicious food and prices, Excellent staff and environment, Only 100% vegan place in cusco
Cons: *****
ncandlp
ncandlp

BEST Vegan restaurant we have ever eaten at!

5 Posted on 10 / 06 / 2013

This is by far the BEST vegan restaurant we have EVER eaten at!!!!!!
As passionate vegans, we are always in search of exciting food when we travel. Well, Green Point blew us away. We ate there for several meals and ordered as much as we possibly could so that we could taste everything. Our only regret is that we didn't have longer in Cusco to eat here more.
Outstanding value, great portion sizes, please leave a BIG tip!
Choosing a favorite dish would be like choosing between your children, impossible! Some highlights ... the burger, pumpkin ravioli, soba noodles, samosas, lasagna, menu of the day and the quinoa pudding dessert ... YUM!!!!!! We even took some meals away for our flight ... the chaufa was sublime.
The love and energy of the owners and staff infused in the food is the secret ingredient. This place is the real deal - it's run by ethical vegans and that makes all the difference. Shamans is a pretend vegan restaurant (still offering lots of non-vegan options), Green Point is authentic and stands for so much, a refreshing change in this world! The owners (Fabri and Dani) are beautiful people who we loved spending time with and hearing their moving story of how they came to be vegan and open the restaurant. If you only do one thing in Cusco, EAT HERE!! With so much love and gratitude for Green Point, thank you for the best food ever and the magical environment you have created for your guests. xoxoxo

Pros: Ethical vegans - authentic, the real dea, Amazing food , Outstanding value- huge portions
Cons: That we don't live in Cusco! :(
HeatherMeagher
HeatherMeagher

go there!

5 Posted on 07 / 28 / 2013

Delicious food. Homemade nut milks and cheeses. Had a delicious chestnut milk and amazing chocolate cake. Not to be missed!

DIANE240378
DIANE240378

amazing place

5 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2013

I ate here for lunch & dinner one day & loved it. It has such a cool atmosphere with pure vegan food & the chef & waitress are a lovely couple who are so helpful & speak great english.The food & menu of the day are great value & i felt so happy,healthy & satisfied with it.It was so easy to eat from the menu & not try to explain than i am vegan & not vegatarian.I could totally trust that the menu was safe without any animal in it.I would definitely go back for more.oh ya almost forgot to say they sell chemical free cosmetics aswell.Ask to see the brochure
Updated from previous review on Monday July 01, 2013