Health food store stocking a wide range of products from seasonal local produce, fair-trade, fresh bread, and prepackaged meals to bulk staples, herbs and spices, and packaged organic canned food. more-less
3514 W Genesee St (opposite Fairmount Fair)
Syracuse, New York 13209
315-488-7777

Open Mon-Sat 8am-10pm, Sun 10am-8pm.

First Review by N. Hanson
MichaelMcVeggiePants
MichaelMcVeggiePants

A great little store with a giant selection.

5 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2014

A great little store with a giant selection and lots of heart. They make some fantastic vegan chili in their cafe as well, I shop there whenever possible.

SOCO86
SOCO86
  • herbivore

Great selection

5 Posted on 04 / 26 / 2013

I love this place. It is like a mini whole foods. I do a good portion of my grocery shopping here. They have a great selection of pretty much everything you may need and they have a whole wall of bulk foods. I love the fact that they are the gravity dispensers instead of the ones that you reach into with a scoop. I HATE those scoop bulk bins (OCD about germs)
Their products are usually priced the same or slightly cheeper than the other grocery stores. The employees are super helpful and I usually wind up taking forever to shop because I wind up chatting with them :-) They carry seasonal produce and a TON of locally made products.
They also have a cafe. I have had smoothies, soups and some raw deserts that were all really good.

Pros: friendly staff, great selection, reasonable prices.
N. Hanson
N. Hanson

Try the raw food bar

4 Posted on 07 / 29 / 2010

This is the most extraordinary food! I had zucchini pasta (strips of zucchini) with non-cooked marinara sauce that was unbelievably delicious. Then I had an apple pie with no sugar that wasn't cooked that was remarkable. Finally there was this banana/cocoa smoothie that was just like a dessert - no sugar! They are going to have to get more than 2 tables if this keeps up.

Pros: excellent food, no sugar, friendly staff
Cons: only two tables

Dear Owner and Manager of Green Planet Grocery: