Green Pepper

Provides a wide range of freshly prepared vegetarian dishes and salads, buffet style, in a nice environment. Desserts contain dairy and/or egg, and may not even be vegetarian, vegans need to inquire. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Portugese, International, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Catering, Take-out
Av. José Malhoa 14 B, Lisboa (Praça de Espanha)
Lisbon, Portugal 1070-158

First Review by stuart
itsjustnesS
itsjustnesS

Beware of this Restaurant.

2 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2014

The atmosphere is nice and modern, the food is cheap and tasty and it can be a nice dinning experience.

Despite this, I urge you to be very careful.
I used to go to this restaurant a lot and stopped for a few reasons:
The owners are greatly misinformed.
If you must enquire regarding the food, do so to your waitress and make sure she confirms with the kitchen.
On several ocasions I asked of one of the owners and I was given wrong and contradicting information regarding which of the dishes were Vegan.
The owners do NOT know what they are serving.
Personaly I think they only made a veggie restaurant because they were "in" a few years back.

Also, I do not appreciate being lied to! One of the deserts I enjoyed the most was their vegan cheesecake.
Until one day when my boyfriend's "vegan" cheesecake tasted like goats cheese.
I got upset and enquiered further about this dessert they swore to me was vegan, only to hear that: "Maybe that one isn't. But the one you ordered is! Except maybe the crust... The crust isn't but apart from that, all vegan!"

Needless to say I no longer trust a word they say regarding what's in the food and I never went there again.

I saw a review regarding animal gelatine, and although I never knew this, it does not come out as so farfetched to me at all.

Pros: Good Value, Modern Atmosphere, Tasty Food
Cons: You can't trust the food!, Misinformed owners and staff., They have lied about the food before.
hack_man
hack_man

Modern Vibes

4 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2013

An extremely modernistic place serving great food in this business / commercial part of the city. At €6.95 for a lunchtime buffet we have a bargain here. You pay a little bit more at night but it's worth it. Wine is only €7.95 a bottle. Result. The food is good, very good with plenty of vegan choice. Tofu, seitan, pulses, vegetables, salads, soup, dips and sauces. Very impressed. Get yourself here for a treat, it may be quiet at night on certain days but go and enjoy

Pros: food, staff
Cons: location
FilSantos
FilSantos

LOOK OUT

2 Posted on 09 / 28 / 2012

Attention! Even though this restaurant calls himself vegetarian, the desserts are made with meat, bones and animal fat, the gelly they use is the animal one kind

Cons: Lie, Use meat and bones
mik
mik

I need to come back!

4 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2011

I was on my way to the coach station and leaving for Portimao, so I just quickly passed by. I had a little bit of everything for take away, and I loved it all! Staff was friendly as well, wish I could have sat for a bit longer or return to this place at some point.

CSHH
CSHH

Good value, tasty veggie food

4 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2011

We are a vegetarian family and generally struggle to find suitable food on holiday. This was one of the restaurants we had found on our pre holiday internet search and we had dinner here. The set price of 10 Euros (I think) for the buffet (drinks & dessert extra) seemed good value with a huge choice of imaginative salads, soup & hot dishes (pasta, seitan curry, rice, aubergines with cheese & tomato & tofu with a mustard coating). The young woman who served us was very friendly and helpful. All the food was fresh and tasty and the bonus was that the restaurant is very close to our hotel (the Corinthia). We probably wouldn't have ventured here had we been staying more centrally as it is a bit off the beaten track. We would definitely eat here again when next in Lisbon.

Pros: Good, fresh salads, Lots of choice, friendly staff
Cons: Not central location
Angst
Angst

Several vegan options

3 Posted on 05 / 10 / 2011

A veggie buffet with several vegan dishes. Soup of the day was vegan when we went, several salads and 2/3 main dishes. Sadly none of the desserts were vegan. But enough for a nice meal. Bit out of the way in the commercial district.

Pros: well cooked food, clean, airy, good choice of drinks
Cons: out of the way, no vegan desserts
kalhak
kalhak

Green Pepper

4 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2010

Really nice salads, beans and drinks. Hot dishes were not on the same level, but good basic food anyway. Overall the place is really good, but the location is problem. It is simply too far from the center. If you happen to be in the neighbourhood, I definately suggest to try this out.

Pros: salads, drinks, friendly staff
Cons: location
stuart
stuart

pleasant meal

5 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2009

reasonably priced buffet, many interesting salads, several hot dishes. tasty, not spiced like North American vegetarian food. relaxed, pleasant room. worth the trip out of the way.

Dear Owner and Manager of Green Pepper: