Serves meat, veg options available. Casual cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner with menu featuring fair trade organic coffee, artisan bread, salads, sandwiches, soups, quesadilla, pizzas, and vegan cakes. Uses organic vegetable and fruit and offers many vegan dishes, clearly marked. Has faux chicken, tofu, vegan cheese (Daiya), and usually soup of the day is vegan. Free wi-fi. Street parking only. Re-opened Jun 2012 after renovations. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, American, Pizza, Take-out, Non-veg
4437 Sepulveda Blvd (Braddock Dr)
Culver City, California 90230
310-397-9815

Open Mon-Sat 6am-10pm, Sun 8am-3pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by jfischman
kenvegan
kenvegan

Tasty Vegan Comfort Food

4 Posted on 01 / 10 / 2014

I always enjoy my food at Green Peas. I often go here when I am craving good old American favorites in a vegan style. I feel that there vegan tuna melt is the best I have had, and their vegan pizzas are excellent. They have some of the best vegan cakes in LA. For a casual order at the-counter and sit down restaurant, this is a top choice. I hope one day this place becomes entirely vegan.

Pros: Food, Value, Desserts
Cons: Serves meat
pkfish
pkfish

NEVER GOING BACK

1 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2013

I had not eaten an animal for 10 years--- until today. I explicitly ordered a vegan dish and was served a CHICKEN meal. I was 4 bites in when I began to question the meat. When I brought the employee over to ask for vegan verification she said "Oh, no... this is not good. That's real." WELL, OKAY. So, how do they rectify? A free piece of cake. Are you kidding me?! I am nauseated, angry, and sad. Wow. What an awful experience. Truly. I will never trust Green Peas to serve a safe meal.

Pros: none, none, none
Cons: incompetent
Chia
Chia

Many Vegan Choices

4 Posted on 09 / 27 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow and have eaten here several times. Here's my Green Peas review update.

Green Peas first opened its door in 2009, and the prices were super cheap back then. Now the prices are typical for area cafe fare. For example, the veggie burger with a small side at$9 is still a good value. The pizza is inexpensive at just $9 for a whole pie that's enough for two adults to share.

There is street parking out front of the cafe (metered), or you can find a side street parking (free).

The inside of the cafe is very causal and spacious with many small tables, a couple sofas for lounging, plus some outside seating.

From the chalk board menu above the register, you can see the vegan items clearly labeled, and there is a good amount of them. Vegan choices include some salads, breakfast bagels, sandwiches (also build-your-own options), quesadillas, and pizzas. Gardein faux chicken is offered as a meat-alternative. Daiya vegan cheese is offered as cheese alternative.

They also get deliveries of vegan cakes, and you can see what's available at the counter.

My husband and I have tried the vegan curry chicken salad which was chunks of faux chicken in a curry dressing with raisins and almond slices all on top of baby greens. It came with a soup, and we chose the tomato basil, and gosh, that was the best tomato basil soup I've ever had.

I've also tasted the split pea soup, and that was delicious.

We've also eaten the vegan chicken curry in sandwich as well as the grilled vegan chicken sandwich (your choice of bread). Each sandwich came with a generous serving of baby greens salad.

We've had the teriakyi tofu quesadilla. While there were more grilled vegetables than tofu, it was excellent. We thoroughly enjoyed it. There were grilled veggies, tofu, carmelized onion, and Daiya non-dairy cheese on a tortilla. It came with a soup, which we choose the split pea, and that was delicious, too.

Also we've eaten the green peas pizza a couple times, both times have been pretty good. The roasted vegetable pizza is yummy, too.

The veggie burger patty seems to be Dr. Prager brand-like. You get a choice of bread for your burger/sandwich.

There is only one main kitchen area behind the counter, and I'm unsure whether vegan food is prepared on the same counters using the same cutting board and utensils as the meat stuff...

Otherwise, it' a good place to go for an inexpensive tasty bite when in the area.

Pros: good soups & pizza, fair prices, relaxed

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

awesome restaurant, horrible parking!

4 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2011

I don't know how a restaurant with two and a half parking spaces (half/one has a 30min limit) can be so crowded. There is a sign on the door saying that if you park in any of the lots next door you'll be towed immediately. We parked in the camera shop next door and went in to shop for cameras on our way out... I don't suggest that unless its really busy at the camera shop.
Green Peas has a fairly extensive vegan sandwich menu among other items. We went for the veggie sandwich we custom made on a toasted baguette with a side of fruit. It was really good and the portion size was large enough to split between two people. I also had a mint lemonade that was among the best I've ever had.

Pros: sandwiches, mint lemonade
Cons: parking
Courtnichka
Courtnichka

great vegan friendly place

4 Posted on 02 / 28 / 2011

I recently went to Green Peas to have dinner and get some studying done. The staff was not vegan, but still knowledgeable about the vegan options. I tried the veggie burger with grilled potatoes and a chai latte with soy. The burger was good and came with daiya cheese. The only downside was that I didn't like the sauce. The latte was okay, I've had better at coffee bean.
I did like their water, it was infused with either lemons or orange slices.
The vibe there is nice and casual. No one minded me having my laptop and studying for a few hours after dinner. I'll be back soon.

Pros: good variety of vegan options, filling portions, friendly staff
Cons: metered street parking only
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

Good with co-workers

3 Posted on 10 / 07 / 2009

Dirk went with a non-veg co-worker for lunch yesterday. He had the Gardein chicken sandwich with a side salad which he thought was good and well priced (and he was asked by the staff if he knew it wasn't real chicken when he ordered it). He also had the banana bread for dessert which was very tasty, but a bit pricey since the piece was tiny. His co-worker liked the place and the ciabatta bread on his sandwich, so Dirk will be back with co-workers again since they both had stuff to eat. However, Dirk said he probably wouldn't go out of his way to go there if it wasn't near his work.

Pros: vegan options, well priced sandwiches
Cons: serves meat
The Veggie Cook
The Veggie Cook

Food is good here

4 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2009

After reading the Happy Cow reviews, I went with 2 friends last week to try Green Peas, and we all very much enjoyed the food. We shared the chicken picatta sandwich with side of roasted corn and tomato soup, the green peas pizza, and vegetable quesadilla with side of salad. Every thing vegan and delicious. Very nice presentation, good size portions. The pizza was enough for 2 people to share, and at only $8! While it's not all vegetarian, it's very vegetarian friendly. And the food is good in quality and taste. Relaxed atmosphere. Good organic coffee, too.

jfischman
jfischman

Lots of vegan options & amazing prices!

4 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2009

While searching Google on her iPhone, my wife came across this place. She called and asked about their vegan options and was connected to the chef, who explained that they had Gardein, vegan cheese, pizzas...which at that point, the conversation was done and we were on our way.

We were really impressed by the size of the place, as well as the casual but well-designed atmosphere. The menu was artfully displayed on a series of chalkboards and vegan items were prominently denoted by a red "V".

We assumed the pizza was made with Follow Your Heart cheese, but we thought we'd dig a bit to be sure. The menu read "soy" cheese and although Jose the chef (and owner) did not know the manufacturer, he said he got it from Tama Trading and I know they only carry FYH and Daiya vegan cheeses...he said it was definitely not FYH and when I asked if it was made with cassava root, he exclaimed "Yes..that's it"! With that, he told us that he worked for Whole Foods for 4 years and has attended many classes on natural foods. He said that all of their food was made with Organic ingredients.

We got the Barbecue Chicken pizza and asked them to substitute Gardein and Daiya cheese. We also got the Gardein Chicken Sandwich & Jose suggested adding Daiya cheese, as it would be really good. Unbelievably, the 12" pizza was only $7.99 and the sandwich, served on Artisan Ciabatta bread, was only $6.99...and came with a cup of vegan zucchini soup!!!

The place has only been open for 1 month and has a great atmosphere. It's divided into 2 sections and the right side has several loveseats and tables. There's also outdoor seating & free WIFI. They also serve breakfast, starting at 6:00 am...like a Tofu Scramble for only $4.99! And Fair Trade coffees and blended beverages for $2.65 (tall) - $3.45 (Grande)...incredible!!!

Our meal arrived quickly and the sandwich was beautifully displayed on a rectangular plate. Everything was expertly seasoned and top quality...this is definitely not fast food. The pizza crust was chewy and the crust was crisp, with a perfect amount of Gardein and Daiya cheese. We couldn't believe that a pizza this size and this quality was only $7.99. Jose acknowledged that his prices are inordinately low, but he feels that if he can ramp up to enough steady business, he can keep them this low. Grean Peas is undoubtedly the greatest find in quite some time. Don't hesitate to run there ASAP and try it for yourself.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Amazing Prices, Great Organic food

Dear Owner and Manager of Green Peas: