Vegan restaurant offering American comfort food. Has another outlet in Phoenix and is affiliated with Phoenix's Nami. Its chef-created a menu is influenced by different cultures and cooking styles. Sweet treats are made with unrefined, unbleached organic ingredients. Has vegan soft serve ice cream, house-made veggie burger, and more. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Fusion, International, Take-out

First Review by danielclark02
Nikki1801
Nikki1801

Legendary!

5 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2014

This place is unbelievable!
We had only a couple days in town so made sure we came both days and it didn't disappoint!

They've got an awesome menu, with great strong flavours and interesting food.... how anyone can be disappointed here is beyond me!
Having travelled a fair bit and seen a fair few Veggie/vegan spots over the past few years, I really think this place raises the bar in eating out 'vegan style' !

Anyway- my partner had their big mac (his favourite burger in the States) and I tried two of the bowl options (where you pick a sauce, mock meat etc). Both were awesome- the second day the veg was a tad raw for my liking, but the place was SO busy I can forgive this no biggie! (It's probably healthier for me anyway!).
We also tried their popular starter/side dish- it was some kind of crab cake? Anyway they were awesome, totally different to anything we've been offered in other vegan spots.

And their re-fill juices are really nice too, well worth grabbing one with your food.

Also love that Nami is next door- that is also unreal!

Imriela
Imriela

Awesome

5 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2014

This place is awesome; best in Phoenix I've been to so far. I had the BBBQ burger and it was great; a bit messy, but what BBQ burger isn't? The crab puffs were really delicious as well. I got their hummus and egg rolls to go for lunch the next day; the hummus was great and the egg rolls were good even reheated. This place was so tasty, I came back one night after dinner somewhere else just to get a to go meal for lunch the day after!
And as an added bonus, Nami is right next door for your dessert needs and wants.

Pros: Delicious, Good Portions, Friendly
thelittlemeremaid
thelittlemeremaid

Awesome!

4 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2014

The food here is great, and the service is good! I've gotten a few of their bowls with tofu. I haven't tried any of the faux meats, but my mom has. She really liked them! I plan on coming back!

DeeDeeinAZ
DeeDeeinAZ

Live Green!

5 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2014

My family has been eating here for years. Everything is wonderful. The kids have always liked it, especially when little. Just go :)

neokans
neokans

new favorite spot

5 Posted on 05 / 14 / 2014

great flavorful full, haven't been disappointed in a dish yet and I've had my share. I keep looking forward to my next meal there. the staff is very friendly and the food comes out quickly. the parking needs to be improved.

If you like spicy, try the kung pao!! awesome!!

Pros: food quality, quick service, pleasant staff
Cons: parking
Nicoaliosis
Nicoaliosis

ill always go here when in Phoenix

4 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2014

This place is great! My boyfriend and I came here twice and even went next store to Nami for their delicious desserts. We ordered the chili cheese fries on both visits and the second time it was loaded with way more cheese compared to the first time, even a different kind of cheese. I liked it better the second time and seemed like it was improving. The big WAC is a favorite as well as the crab wontons.. those were amazing, haven't had those since being vegan! So that was super exciting.. the food was always good and I'd definitely go back for more! Make sure you go next door to nami for the best vegan ice cream blizzards! The restaurant has gluten free options as well. And a big selection of beers and wines.

Pros: outdoor seating/dog friendly, all vegan establishment, organic soap in nice bathrooms
Cons: pricey
dagmaragogo
dagmaragogo

Great atmosphere, mediocre grub

4 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2014

Nice atmosphere and a lively crowd, but the food is basic and not all handmade. If you're in Phoenix and want vegan food, this place is one of your only options, so it is highly recommended, but don't expect gourmet cuisine.

Pros: atmosphere, completely vegan
Cons: quality of the food
melissa_cadriel
melissa_cadriel

Amazing mouth watering

5 Posted on 01 / 20 / 2014

My mouth watered as I read all the different options from their menu. Of course , I walked in there hungry and left this place satisfied! I ordered the coconut curry bowl with brown rice and house tofu and I was not disappointed! I will definitely be back and would visit more if they had longer Sunday hours. That's the day I'm in that part of town.

Pros: there is space enough for a party of 6-8, plenty of natural lighting, chop sticks! they have chop sticks!
Cons: parking is limited, salt shakers are not at each table. you have to as
kalangford01
kalangford01
  • herbivore

Great Variety Makes It Hard to Choose!

5 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2013

Nice cheerful modern atmosphere with a lot to choose from on the menu. Since everything was vegan, it was hard to pick! Everything I saw in there looked great. A vegan ice cream shop and bakery just next door...I plan on going again.

Pros: All vegan, Food tastes great, Friendly and Helpful Staff
Cons: Small parking lot
truthchangeandlove
truthchangeandlove

Popular Vegan Restaurant

4 Posted on 04 / 28 / 2013

Green in a popular vegan restaurant in Phoenix. It has mostly comfort food but there are also some salads and rice bowls available. I've tried a couple of their rice bowls and to me they lack any flavor. My absolute favorite is the No-harm Chicken Parm; you won't be disappointed. I suggested it to a meat eater friend who had low expectations for a vegan restaurant and he couple stop talking about it. Other things that are great: fries, po-boys, burgers and crab puffs. Sunday brunch is okay, but not as good as the regular menu. Service is always great when we go and the amount of food for the price is another great perk. I can sometimes get two meals out of mine and it only costs $9. Also, check out Nami next door!

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff
Cons: parking, brunch, bowls
Tigra220
Tigra220

Best Little Veg-House in PHX!

5 Posted on 04 / 02 / 2013

I practically live at Green. It's just THAT good.
Favs:
Diablo Red. You can customize it to your liking (e.g. tofu, mock chkn or beef, and rice or noodles) I love spicy, and this delivered the heat with the flavor.

Jerk Chikn salad. I get it with mock chkn instead of tofu, and extra jungle dressing. Excellent!

Focusing on their new menu:

The Big Wac is my ultimate favorite. Fresh off a trip overseas where I'd had a vegan version of a Big Mac in Barcelona, and I relocate to PHX to find out Green has added one? It's the best thing ever! And very filling. Certainly something to offer any carnivores with whom you may be dining.

BBBQ (BBQ bacon burger). It's tasty and flavorful. Wear a bib!

Wendy's Pickle. It's good. Reminds me of a Chick-Fil-A sandwich. (If I remember correctly)

Cajun Jack Pita. Very good, perfectly spiced. I like how the pita was toasted. It added a certain sabrosa to it. A nice alternative to the burgers and po'boys.

Plenty of seating inside, with a few outside spots as well. Parking can fill up quickly though.

Reasonably priced. Great staff.

If you only get to go to one place while you're in PHX make it Green.

Pros: 100% vegan, Awesome menu w/ a plethora of options , Reasonably priced
Cons: Parking can be scarce
nsweeney
nsweeney

100% Vegan

5 Posted on 03 / 29 / 2013

Green is one of the regular restaurants that we eat at. There are so many different choices that pretty much there is something we are in the mood for on the menu. New menu launched recently so there haven't been as many specials (my husbands policy is to almost always get the special if there is one)but I think they are starting to bring them back now. Wings, mac& cheese, Big Wac and Wendy's pickle are some of my fav's. Next door is Nami for dessert and coffee.

Pros: Vegan, Varied menu, Friendly staff
Cons: A little noisy
greensmilingwoman
greensmilingwoman

Posting Green's Sun. Brunch Menu/Plated Food

2 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2013

Hello,

For the longest time--with no luck as of yet, I have tried to find an online posting of Green's Sunday Brunch Menu and Pictures of their Plated Food,(Phoenix, Arizona, USA location only--not available at Tempe location as of yet) however cannot seem to find them. I have heard that they are on Green's Facebook page, but am looking for the information without requiring to log-on to Facebook.

Any help regarding posting Green's Sunday Brunch Menu/Plated Food online/off-Facebook is very appreciated.

Thanks!

gr33n0rchid
gr33n0rchid

"what's vegan?"

5 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

Visiting from CA Bay Area where vegan joints are a dime a dozen.....not in AZ. Drove 7miles to find this little gem. Good size place with patio seating too, nice decor and friendly staff. Had the artichoke dip which is awesome and the chkn parm po'boy...the coleslaw was great. Seitan seemed housemade and had good flavor. Overall I'm impressed. Nice to not have the standard "asian fare" or the culty atmosphere at Loving Hut

Pros: fair prices, friendly staff, fresh n fast food
Cons: odd location
Pylt
Pylt

Excellent meals and wonderful staff!

5 Posted on 11 / 18 / 2012

For our first time visit, we had three appetizers and three entrees, all were simply excellent!

Highly recommended, but be sure to call to ensure they're not too crowded as they're very popular now (we were there on a Saturday night).

One more thing--lots of great vegan desserts next store/across the parking lot at their bakery.

Pros: menu choices, food taste, quality
Cons: tight space
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Green

3 Posted on 11 / 09 / 2012

So I went to the Tempe location a few years ago and enjoyed Thee Argentine Po' Boy. Since I liked it so much I decided to get it this time around at the Phoenix location. Bad idea. It was not good, dry, and flavorless. I was very disappointed. I'm not sure if the quality is just bad at this location, or if the quality had deteriorated in general.

The good thing about this location is that Nami is right next store, so head on over for dessert when you're through with Green.

kwanza
kwanza

Impressive menu

4 Posted on 10 / 19 / 2012

Green has a huge menu comprising lots of interesting starters, salads and bowl food, as well as pizzas, sandwiches and burgers. All vegan with a special gluten-free menu.

Many of the mains come with a choice of mock meat, fried tofu or fresh tofu, but if that's not your thing don't worry, as they don't exactly skimp on the vegetables.

My food wasn't bad, although I found that the vegetables in my bowl were very large for my liking (difficult to eat with the tiny fork I was provided with!).

For dessert, go next door to the sister dessert cafe (Nami) where they serve huge $5 vegan ice cream sundae/milkshake concoctions made using Soy Dream, amongst other treats.

Pros: huge menu, great range of desserts in sister cafe, all vegan
Cons: over-reliant on mock meat
Sabrina H
Sabrina H

Delicious and at a great price!

5 Posted on 09 / 08 / 2012

I ate here twice when in town for business, and wish I could go more often! Very tasty - I had their springrolls, one of their faux chicken sandwiches, and fries. I just wish there were more dishes that don't have spicy ingredients. Additional perk: vegan pastry shop/bakery right next door.

Pros: taste, price, all vegan
vegetariangirl
vegetariangirl

amazing

5 Posted on 09 / 06 / 2012

The food was great and very reasonable price. We ate there a few times and everything was great. Loved the BBQ faux chicken burger, spicy peanut salad, faux crab cakes. Nice staff, nice space, lots of beverage options.

nardanddee
nardanddee

My next birthday wish....

4 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2012

Is for there to be a chain of these restaurants in my home town. They have a large selection and their sister store (right next door) sells vegan treats, as well. Portions were huge and the food was tasty!

Pros: wide variety, tasty food, good prices
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Decent food, would go again

4 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2012

The food here is your typical vegan-American food fare. It doesn't necessarily rise above, but it meets your expectations.

I had a mock-chicken sandwich, but I asked for no mayonnaise, and it came out with tons of mayonnaise dripping off of it. So having to ask for my sandwich to be re-made was the own downfall of the meal.

Food was pretty good, prices not bad.

Like I said: I wasn't blown away, but it was pretty good and worth stopping in.

Pros: All-vegan, Good prices
Cons: Messed up my order
danielclark02
danielclark02

Drunken Mushroom

4 Posted on 03 / 22 / 2012

This was one of thier bowls I quite enjoyed, I also tryed the crab puff and they became my new found favorite! I recomend this place to any Vegetarian. I would say my only unhappy moment there was there was no Nutrition Facts. I love reading those darn things. Overall good expericence, loved the friendly atmosphere and the food!

Pros: Food, Available items to buy for your Home, Friendly Staff
Cons: No Nutrition Facts

Dear Owner and Manager of Green New American Vegetarian - Phoenix: