Vegetarian cafe offering sandwiches, veggie burgers, soups, salads, pastries, smoothies, organic coffees and teas. Has seitan, tempeh, gluten free options, changing specials. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, American, Raw, Bakery, Take-out, Delivery

Herbivora
Herbivora

Great!

Posted on 08 / 06 / 2014

We were pleasantly surprised to find this cafe was in fact open on Sunday; their correct hours are Tuesday to Sunday 7:45-4:00 (closed for dinners and all day Monday). Our Sunday brunch there was unusually good. We had cream of carrot soup, a veggie Reuben (best I've had) and the "quick and simple" egg breakfast. Everything was delicious and inexpensive and the service was friendly to boot.

AuspiciousAmanda
AuspiciousAmanda

Amazing!!

Posted on 01 / 14 / 2014

I just left Green Lotus and couldn't wait to leave a review! Talk about outstanding food! I'm on the Cape for business and used Happy Cow (as usual) to find a vegan friendly spot. I chose the right one, for sure! I had the veganized Ruben - seitan and Daiya cheese...it was tempting to order a second sandwich to go since it was so delicious! I usually stay away from fake meats as I haven't found any that I love...well, I found one today! I also had the New England style clam chowder - full of mushrooms, potatoes, and creamy deliciousness! They had quite a few menu items that sounded great. I will definitely be back at the Green Lotus on my next trip to the area.

Julie R
Julie R

LOVED IT!

Posted on 11 / 01 / 2013

I love it when I go to different cities and find vegan and vegetarian places (using my Happy Cow app). My city is devoid of these great places. Green Lotus is vegetarian, but they will adapt anything to make it vegan. This place definitely serves NO MEAT at all.

This is a nice little cafe on the Main Street. Super-clean and friendly. The ladies greet you, take your order, then bring it to you. (Indoor and outdoor seating.)

I had the Reuben sandwich and it was delicious. It was made fresh and it was the perfect blend of everything. Service was quick and efficient. I am sorry I wasn't here long enough to eat at Green Lotus a second time.

Prices are very, very reasonable, even considering it was in Hyannis. Eat here - even if you are not a vegetarian - you will love it. You will come away feeling satisfied and happy!

Pros: Great food, Friendly & Clean Cafe, Nice outdoor seating

cinebiz
cinebiz

“Green Lotus Cafe”Vegetarian, Vegan, Raw & Gluten

Posted on 10 / 22 / 2013

Located on Main Street in Hyannis Cape Cod The Green Lotus Café is a unique & wonderful place for vegan specialties.
The menu features vegan and vegetarian dishes, all of which can be made vegan by request. Chef and owner Nate Fanara has created some of the most amazing vegan offerings I have ever sampled. Using his home made seitan he offers such unique offerings such as his Vegan Reuben with deli thin slices of Homemade pickled seitan, sauerkraut, Russian dressing with your choice of Swiss or Daiya cheese on rye.
Absolutely the best vegan sandwich I have ever had. Obviously a family run business the atmosphere is warm and friendly. My wife and I vacation in cape cod each August and the Green Lotus Café is one of our mainstays for breakfast and lunch. The menu is large and diverse, here is just a sample:
Home-made Soups

New England Style Chowder or Soups of the Day (varies daily)

Sandwiches

*All sandwiches can be made vegan with vegan mayo and daiya cheese substitutions*

#1 Portabella Cheesesteak – Thinly sliced portabella mushrooms, red bell pepper, onion with your choice of cheese on multigrain wrap

#2 Veggie Reuben – Homemade pickled seitan, sauerkraut, Russian dressing with your choice of Swiss or Daiya cheese on rye

#3 Buffalo Tempeh -Tempeh smothered in Buffalo sauce, blue cheese dressing lettuce and tomato on ancient grain bread
#4 Classic E.L.T. – Crunchy homemade eggplant bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayo on 7 grain bread
#5 The Malibu – Sharp cheddar, crunchy sprouts, chipotle mayo, tomatoes, red onions, avocado on 7 grain bread
#6 Maui- Avocado mayo, pineapple relish, lettuce, tomato, and sprouts on 7 grain bread

#7 RAWCO- Seasoned ground walnuts, raw cheese sauce, avocado, lettuce, tomato, and sprouts on a raw tortilla shell

#8 Roast Seitan – Organic homemade seitan, pepperjack, horseradish, lettuce, tomato on multigrain wrap
#9 The Garden Veggie – lettuce, tomato, avocado, cucumber, onion, sprouts, roasted red pepper, Swiss, raspberry vinaigrette on multigrain wrap
#10 The Sand Trap – Roasted red pepper hummus, dill havarti(v) lettuce, shredded carrot, sprouts, avocado, roasted red bell pepper on rye
#11 Sandwich in the RAW – Home made Mediterranean almond bread, cashew mayo, avocado, lettuce, tomato, onion, sprouts and marinated portabella mushrooms

Salads

“Create Your Own” Salad made to order from our fresh local produce. Or you could try our salad of the day, add a scoop of Poppyseed Chickpea, Summer Tempeh, or Buffalo Tempe

Pros: Excellent Vegan Food, Creative and extensive menu, warm and friendly staff
Cons: None What so ever
Stacie99
Stacie99

Good Lunch

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2013

We went to Green Lotus for dinner. There was a good variety of sandwich wraps as well as on 7-grain bread. I had a vegan portobello cheesesteak on a wrap, which was very good. I also had a cup of yummy curried carrot soup, which was the soup of the day. We also got the ELT (eggplant-bacon, lettuce and tomato) which was very fresh but not a lot of flavor, slightly disappointing.
I think this was a great lunch place, not so much for dinner.

Kimberly413
Kimberly413

Yum!

Posted on 08 / 09 / 2013

Can't wait to go back! Everything on the menu can be made vegan. We went a little early for lunch but they served us off of their regular menu. Our sandwiches were delicious! I had the veggie reuben and my boyfriend had the buffalo tempeh, so good. Staff was friendly and helpful.

lfusfeld
lfusfeld

Awesome vegan chowder!!!

Posted on 06 / 25 / 2013

The vegan chowder was really excellent. The sandwiches were very good as well. Everything on the sandwich list could be made vegan. Most of the pastries they had available weren't vegan, but the chocolate blueberry muffins were good.

Pros: Reasonably priced, Chowder is awesome, Lots of vegan options
Cons: Not 100% vegan
JenRoss
JenRoss

Great Find!!! Will Return

Posted on 06 / 18 / 2013

Not only was the food wonderful (try the raw sandwiches!!!) but the staff were delightful and the owner sent a hello and offered a chocolate raw macaroon at the end of my meal as a little bonus. Lovely people... AMAZING food. The mushroom quinoa soup was delicious as well. What a pleasant surprise I had finding such a wonderful menu in this town! Keep up the wonderful work - it is much appreciated!

Pros: great menu, delicious fresh food, lovely staff
Allvegan
Allvegan

Outstanding

Posted on 05 / 05 / 2013

We were very impressed with the Green Lotus Cafe. Excellent food quality and service. Since we are Vegan, the choices on the menu is important and this places has great choices. The Portobello mushroom wrap was outstanding as well as the chowder. The eggplant bacon was a real treat in the sandwich. We will return if we are every in the Hyannis area again. One of the best Vegan/Vegetarian places we've been to. Hat's off and keep up the good work - we need more good vegetarian/Vegan places to eat!

Pros: Food Quality, Choices, Healthy Food
Cons: small dining area
MoiraB
MoiraB
  • non-vegetarian

Great Vegetarian, Vegan, Raw and GF

Posted on 04 / 24 / 2013

We've been for both breakfast and lunch and my husband and kids have all loved it. We enjoyed the raw macaroons, vegan chowder, croissants, and other baked goods. I'm looking forward to trying a sandwich--they look fabulous!

Pros: Vegan, Raw, Delicious
Cons: Small Seating Area
travegan
travegan

Comfort Food Reborn

Posted on 04 / 11 / 2013

I was absolutely thrilled to learn that Cape Cod had its first completely vegetarian/vegan restaurant. Located on Main street in Hyannis is a plus. The New England Style Chowder honestly was amazing and something I have not enjoyed since going veg. The list of sandwiches is amazing and can be quickly veganized with the addition of Daiya cheese. I look forward to many visits this summer.

Pros: Good food, Friendly staff, Nice location
Cons: Limited seating

Dear Owner and Manager of Green Lotus Cafe: