One of the string of Thai food vegetarian restaurants in Los Angeles. The extensive menu includes breakfast all day, sandwiches and veggie burgers, salads, Thai curry and stir frys, noodles, and more. Red/brown rice served. Casual, modern decor with flat screen TVs. Prices range from cheap to moderate. NOTE: Not everything is vegan, so ask. HappyCow has received numerous reports that staff is not always knowledgeable/honest on what is vegan and that they may still be using animal based products in some dishes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Thai, American, Take-out, Fast food, Delivery

First Review by a35mmlife
Raesock
Raesock

Pancakes!

4 Posted on 09 / 11 / 2013

We both got the tropical pancakes with chicken and they were so good! The pancakes were fluffy and light, and I'm not sure what they used for the "chicken" but it was fried to perfection. My husband had an order of hashbrowns, which he loved, and I got a vegan thai tea! It was an inexpensive meal and our waiter was attentive and friendly. Not health food for sure, but satisfied our comfort food craving! There are lots of other things on the menu I would love to try.

Pros: great pancakes, inexpensive, extensive menu
Lacyy
Lacyy

my favorite go-to spot

5 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2013

Green Leaves is a great place for any craving from salads and soups to noodles and faux meats (which taste awesome here). My boyfriend and I eat here at least once a week, if not more. They're open late and deliver until 11pm! We like that we can order a bunch of sides and make a smorgasbord of vegan heaven. Try the chicken nuggets, seitan wrap and tahini sauce!

Pros: delivery, faux meats, large menu
LilPiggy
LilPiggy

Cheap, Easy Noms!

4 Posted on 06 / 20 / 2013

I love that I can easily walk here, and the food is quick and tasty. It's open til midnight, which is a plus, and staff is friendly and attentive.

Pros: Open Late, Affordable
Cons: Predictable Menu
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Good food but typical

3 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2012

There are a thousand of this place around LA.

The food is good, and the staff is knowledgeable about veganism for the most part, but it's nothing surprising or worth going very far to get. It's mostly the same menu as a lot of the other Thai-veg places around LA, excluding Bulan.

That being said, if you're in the area, it's a decent veg restaurant, and street parking isn't all that hard to find.

Note: if you're not a HUGE fan of onions, ask them to go light on some of the breakfast dishes.

Pros: All-vegetarian
Cons: Not unique
Chia
Chia

Okay

3 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow and have eaten here a few times. Here's my Green Leaves Silverlake review.

I've eaten the tofu scramble and hash brown plate, (fried) chicken burger, shitake mushroom curry, mushroom and tofu burger, red curry, tom yum soup, and maybe a couple other dishes.

Overall, the food taste is average each time. The tofu scramble was too salty, and the shitake curry was very boring and bland. The rice that was served with the curry, however, was a red kind and was very tasty.

This is a decent place for a quick bite of veg food.

Pros: cheap prices, large menu, all veg
Cons: food taste could be improved

bignameactress
bignameactress

Best veggie sandwich anywhere

4 Posted on 04 / 06 / 2011

The vegetable sandwich is so tasty. I also really like topping it with peanut sauce.
I have fashioned every vegetable sandwich I've ever made since to try to match it.

The only negative aspect of eating there is the distracting televisions.

Pros: fantastic food, affordable, healthy
Cons: televisions
kenvegan
kenvegan

Worst veggie meal I have had in a while

2 Posted on 10 / 05 / 2009

I ate at Green Leaves the other day. Please save your money and go to veggie restaurant with better food. I ordered Broccoli with veggie fish. I have been a vegan for years, and have had loads great veggie fish dishes in LA (Monterey Park / Alhambra area has loads of great places. There were about 9 pieces of broccoli, and about 8 tiny cut pieces of veggie fish. Anyone reading this could make a better dish. The atmosphere is ok, but the food I had was below average.

Pros: Atmosphere, Waiting staff is nice
Cons: Food
nrgy
nrgy

STAY AWAY!!!

2 Posted on 09 / 13 / 2009

I was a fan of this place until they were caught lying. Such a shame. I will no longer be dining there.

baxter brown
baxter brown

Not Vegan

2 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2009

If you go to-
you will see results of testing done on the food here and it is not all vegan.

Pros: food is good
Cons: not vegan, they are liars, they need to stop using dairy or admit t
quarrygirl
quarrygirl

not vegan

2 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2009

i would advise vegans to stay away from green leaves. for years they have been lying about their soy cheese, insisting they use follow your heart and even keeping a small package of FYH to show customers who ask about it. in reality, they use cheese that contains casein and is not suitable for vegans. it would be one thing if they accidentally used non-vegan ingredients, and then changed their ways...but green leaves has been blatantly lying to people. i will never eat there again, because i think they have been taking advantage of the vegan community.

Cons: dishonest, non-vegan
kittykat
kittykat

bummer

2 Posted on 04 / 05 / 2009

i am SO disappointed! after being a loyal patron it is upsetting to find out that this place is not actually vegan. the sign on the door says it is so i trusted. vegans obviously live by a strict code of ethics and this restaurant is not in line with that. shame on you, greenleaves.

Pros: good service, open late
Cons: not vegan, said they were vegan, misleadingly called green leaves VEGAN
Denzil Dragon
Denzil Dragon

• raw

This place is NOT vegan

2 Posted on 02 / 08 / 2009

I have heard that this restaurant, despite claiming to be vegan, use whey in their entrees, and, when telephoned, admitted to this, but said they had no plans to change! If you plan on going there, please call them first to double check this info.

Cons: Not vegan
MichelleOJ
MichelleOJ

Soooo good!

4 Posted on 01 / 31 / 2009

The menu can be overwhelming so we opted for breakfast when we visited. I ordered a Combo B, hubby had the Combo D, and we split an order or pancakes & chicken. It was all sooooo good! We happily finished everything in front of us. The breakfast wraps were chock full of goodness, mine with egz, "cheese", sweet potatos (yum!) and other bits of heaven while hubby's was stuffed w/seitan & lentil loaf & deliciousness. The pancakes taste like "real" pancakes which was pretty amazing and the "chicken" was sinfully good. Service was prompt and friendly. Dinner was quite affordable. Definately making the trek out here again soon!

Pros: Extensive Menu, All Day Breakfast, Late Hours
brittany
brittany

I love it, but hesitant

4 Posted on 11 / 14 / 2008

I've eaten at Green Leaves several times. I love love love the lentil quesadilla, the lentil loaf, and the pad thai. HOWEVER... I have doubts about the soy cheese they use. I usually order the lentil quesadilla with soy cheese, and the last time I noticed the cheese stretched. Stretching = casein. I asked what kind of cheese it was and the waiter said "Vegan Gourmet", which is Follow Your Heart, which I use all of the time. It was not the same color and FYH definitely doesn't stretch. Vegans, beware!

Pros: cheap , fast service
Cons: questionable
VeggieHeather
VeggieHeather

Decent vegan food

4 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2008

The wraps are consistently good and the service is very prompt. I like the pancakes and "eggz" too. However, the stir fries and curries are mediocre at best.

Pros: prompt, consistent , great wraps
Cons: stir fries not very good
Mir
Mir

not my favorite

3 Posted on 06 / 10 / 2008

I like the place mostly because of the interior design - it just looks cool. The food was okay - garlic seitan chicken was not bad, but we did not like their Pad Thai (it was bright orange, overcooked, and tasted weird). I will go there sometimes to support them, but not often.

Peanut4
Peanut4

Bad Service!!!

2 Posted on 10 / 28 / 2007

Tonight I ordered food for delivery from Green Leaves. They said 30 minutes. After an hour I called and they said the driver "tried" to find my house and then he/she went home for the day!!!!! They also said they "tried" to call me. I've been by my phone and my door is wide open waiting for my food! The only reason I ordered from this mediocre food is because it's 11pm and I worked 10 hours today and I'm starving!!!!! Never Again!
There are better options in LA- don't go here!

Pros: Open late, Location
Cons: Lies, Boring
a35mmlife
a35mmlife

vegan goodness

4 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2007

I am a regular at Green Leaves and have had many a conversation with the staff...top to bottom. They fully disclose all ingredients used to produce all items on their menu. Stop with the rumors folks...

Recommended items- For starters: the Spring Rolls are fantastics as is the chicken satay. Breakfasts are very popular, but I recommend the rock and roll noodles or the yellow curry. Yum Yum Yum.

Pros: inexpensive, fast & friendly, deeeelicious
Cons: lots of the items fried

Dear Owner and Manager of Green Leaves: