Green Leaf Vegetarian Vegan...

Opened Jan 2014 a vegetarian restaurant offering cakes and meals. Brunch is served on the weekends and could ask to substitute tofu for egg in a dish. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Juice bar, Bakery
665 Cochituate Rd
Framingham, Massachusetts 01701
508-309-3009

Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:30pm, Fri 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat 9:00am-10:00pm, Sun 9:00am-9:30pm

First Review by BostonVegan
kmbump
kmbump

Hard to find anything lacking here!

5 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2014

This is our new favorite restaurant, and not just because it's vegetarian / vegan, although we are the latter. The entrees are creative, yummy and well-balanced; the service is some of the best I've experienced; and the desserts can't be beat. We've enjoyed the macro plate, pizza, salads, juices, enchiladas, gobi Manchurian, polenta with cashews. One of my non-veg friends loves this place. And try the chocolate mousse pie -- it's like fudge! My only wish is that they add a side of dark leafy greens to their menu. Asparagus is great, but I want real greens!

Pros: Creative yummy food, Fantastic vegan desserts, Best service around
Cons: No side of dark leafy greens, Need more than an entree to fill up
Joelle81
Joelle81

Delicious Food

5 Posted on 02 / 08 / 2014

So happy to have a vegan friendly restaurant in the Framingham area. I have been there for both brunch and dinner.

Pros: Good Food, Good Price, Cool Place
Cons: Ambiance Feels A Little Like A Cafeteria
SG
SG

Great Food, Friendly Chef

5 Posted on 01 / 31 / 2014

Went there for dinner with family and friends. We had the porcini crusted tofu, cashew polenta and a seitan dish for our main courses. Every item we ordered was delicious.
They have an extensive, well thought out menu and I can't wait to try other options.

The chef Bala was really friendly, he introduced himself and had a very nice chat with us. He even sent us back with a few slices of vegan carrot cake on the house.

The restaurant can be hard to find if you don't already know the area. It is in the same complex as the D'Angelos, across the street from the Dunkin Donuts that is close to the entrance to the Mass Pike. It's relatively close to the Natick Mall so it may be good place to eat before/after shopping.

Pros: Delicious food, well thought out menu, friendly chef and waitstaff, cheerful decor
Cons: Location can be hard to find.

Guest
Guest

Very Mediocore

2 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2014

I know I can be a bit hard to please coming from a decade in NYC, where if you do not constantly kill it you will quickly close. I also do not want any veg restaurant to fail if course.

We went for the Saturday brunch and tried the granola crusted French toast that was good but impossible to cut with the butter knife given. Definitely serve this with a serrated sharp knife.
*note - of the fruit served with was organic, so we had to totally avoid the strawberries.
We tried the tempeh tofu scramble, tiny portion mainly just onions. Bleh.
We had the Gobi Manchurian also to try their version. Good to average. Coming from NYC/NJ area any variation of true Indo-Chinese cooking is hard to replicate away from there.

Now the service:
In my life I have Never had more of a stalker server in my life! Every literal minute she checked in!!! Every bite we took! I grew up working in restaurants my husband also. Chill Out, serving is an artform and few do it very well sadly but this was so insane we had to just laugh at the absurdity.
Again, great this place opened up and hopefully they will figure it sooner than later.
We also had mild stomach aches for hours after with no idea why.
Good luck, we will not return.

Pros: Framingham/Metrowest location
Cons: Horrible crazy service, Freezing cold inside, Mediocore food
  • westlivewell westlivewell

Good Afternoon. I am the stalker server. I am a disabled veteran with TBI or traumatic brain injury. I usually walk with canes but am trying to learn to walk without them. I also have PTSD and I knew that you were unhappy.
    You didn't like the fact we didn't have share knifes a legitimate concern. You didn't like that the fruit wasn't organic? It was my job to make sure you were happy and from beginning to end there seemed no way to do that? You are right wait serving is an ART I used to be able to do it very well? Now like everything else eating, walking, socializing I am having to do all over again.
    I am sorry you felt I was "Stalking?" I was merely concerned you seemed so unhappy. Thank you for reminding me how I should be serving our guests?
    I will continue to work on it. All the Best, ""The Stalker Server"

Dgrilly
Dgrilly

great brunch

5 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2014

We went to Green Leaf for brunch today! My 3 year old got the sweet potato chocolate chip pancakes, hubby got the cinnamon waffles with figs, and I got the soup of the day (curry sweet potato) and a house salad with grilled tofu. Everyone loved their meal, with the exception of the soup. It was a bit too sweet- I was expecting a more spicy curry and it was a sweet curry, but it wasn't terrible. The salad was awesome- I know you don't have to eat salads all the time to be vegan, but when you do eat salad, you want something with a little oomph. The house salad had all the usual suspects with a pleasant addition of chopped avocado and red peppers. The grilled tofu was just right- as a meal, it really satisfied. Our waitress was friendly, and the only complaint was that it was a little slow- nothing crazy but definitely not a place to go if you're in a bug hurry- just FYI.

Pros: tasty food, just right portions, friendly waitstaff
Cons: a little on the slow side
BostonVegan
BostonVegan

A high quality vegan restaurant in MetroWest

5 Posted on 01 / 15 / 2014

I ate here twice in their first week.

We had brunch on Sat and it was delicious. It has been a long time since I've had pancakes and what a treat. We also had the French Lentil soup (really outstanding), salad, and the Oyster Tofu Scramble (also terrific).

Then I came back for dinner on Tuesday. We had the Gobi Manchurian (identical to Red Lentil's; no surprise, the chef used to work there), the Sweet Potato Kale Quesadilla (yummy, wish it had more kale), and the Veggie Burrito.

This place is legit and I will be back often. Finally I don't have to drive to Watertown/Somerville/Newton to get great vegan food.

The service is very attentive, though for brunch they were understaffed and it showed. I'm sure they need time to fully staff and train.

It's an open environment so you can see the chef working his wonders.

Pros: Food, Atmosphere
Cons: Service (but they just opened)

Dear Owner and Manager of Green Leaf Vegetarian Vegan Restaurant: