Provides plant-based cuisine catering and personal chef service in the Austin area. more-less
3008 Gonzales St Ste 300
Austin, Texas 78702
512-803-5620

First Review by KatieB
KatieB
KatieB

Catered my wedding, EVERYONE loved the food!

5 Posted on 12 / 22 / 2012

Can't believe it's taken me so long to review! Green Island catered my brunch wedding in October, and the mostly-carnivorous guests absolutely loved the fully-vegan meal! This is exactly the type of flavorful, gorgeous food that I love to serve non-vegans to show them that I don't just eat celery :)
A few of the favorites: The coastal cakes, my grandmother said that they were the best "crab" cakes she had ever had!
The mac n'cheeze, everyone had seconds and thirds of this! I loved the pancakes, but the cinnamon rolls stole the show! We had to restrain my young nephew who had 4 :) The chik'n fajitas had my brother swearing that it had to be real chicken! Of all the leftovers (we had leftovers of everything) the fajitas disappeared first with the most rapturous expressions on our faces. My husband loved the pigs n'biscuits. The cobbler was unbelievable and my Southern guests thought it was just like Mom's. The wine reduction sauce on the seitan steaks made my toes curl. The food was displayed beautifully, and the staff was very professional and polite. We couldn't have asked for more! I highly recommend Green Island and we won't consider anyone else for our next shindig!

Dear Owner and Manager of Green Island Catering: