Green Gourmet - St Leonards

Vegan Chinese restaurant. Offers a wide range of dishes. Private function room available. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Chinese, Asian

First Review by khity
Kelsurfs
Kelsurfs

great - do it

4 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2014

Instead of trying to pick something from a menu come here and you can pick everything from the menu. The staff are really nice, helpful and the food is great, really good.

Well done Green Gourmet!!

Pros: small, tasty, fresh
Cons: small - can fill up fast, BYO - I think
cha222
cha222

the typical Asian vegan restaurant

3 Posted on 11 / 01 / 2013

It could be better: there's mock meat or tofu in all the dishes and most look all the same. But it could be worse: the staff is friendly and attentive, the food is yummy... I just would like to find a vegan Asian restaurant with fresh seasonal veggies and alternatives to soy.
Updated from previous review on Saturday August 31, 2013

Pros: yummy food, friendly staff
Cons: ambiance , too much mock meat, no seasonal veggies
neha
neha

Yum

4 Posted on 02 / 17 / 2012

I LOVE this restaurant - the food is amazing and so is the service! the staff are always friendly and the food is always tasty. you do need to get your own chilli sauce which can become annoying and the place is abit small - but its very good and price wise it is worth it.

Pros: good portions, excellent food, friendly staff
Cons: small restaurant
SarahG
SarahG

great food but a bit pricey

4 Posted on 09 / 10 / 2011

Lovely food but a bit pricey as expensive as having meat in a lot of restaurants, very efficient although i never find restaurant that busy, worth a visit though and only a few minutes walk from St Leonards Station

Pros: delicious, big range, get served quickly
Cons: quite expensive, not as good as the newtown restaurant
Lanky
Lanky

hit and miss

3 Posted on 11 / 15 / 2010

I've eaten here 3 or 4 times now, and its always a hit and miss experience. In general the food is blander than necessary, little to no salt in any of the food, and almost no chili, even in the dishes labeled "spicy".
That being said, a couple of the dishes I've ordered were quite tasty.
They charge $3.80 or something per cup of tea... that is annoying since in Asia tea is always free with the meal, and if people in Australia want to charge for it, it should at least be per pot. So of course I take water instead, which is tap water. I never understand when health-conscious places serve unfiltered tap water... they decide sodium is bad for me but fluoride is ok?

Pros: location
Cons: hit and miss, bland

rach
rach

Just OK, improve the ambiance and it'd help

2 Posted on 05 / 20 / 2010

The lighting is way too bright and this place lacks ambiance. The service is good and attentive. The food OK. Maybe we just picked incorrectly off the overly-extensive menu. I live nearby and would rather go to other non-vegie restaurants that are nicer. My husband and I enjoy a romantic night out and the ambiance in this place didn't cut it. Maybe I'll give it a try for lunch.

Pros: Large menu (but maybe a negative)
Cons: Ambiance, food needs to be improved
kosmokatze
kosmokatze

YUMMY

5 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2009

absolutely delicious entres mains and desserts .

the fried ice cream is really worth a try.

very nice and clean restaurant and friendly staff.

Pros: YUM, YUM, YUM
Cons: NONE, NONE, NONE
khity
khity

Yummy

4 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2007

This was one of the first vegan restaurants we went to and we were very impressed. They even have tofu icecream blocks and deep fried ice-cream (for our sweet tooths!). The food was yummy. Small place though.

Dear Owner and Manager of Green Gourmet - St Leonards: