CLOSED: Green Eatery

Serves meat, veg options available. Casual cafe serving salads, sandwiches, soups, organic juices, fruit smoothies, and coffee drinks. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by ilanstermonster
imichelle
imichelle
  • non-vegetarian

Amazing food and yummy smoothies!

4 Posted on 03 / 05 / 2008

I've had the pleasure of eating here a few times and will continue to return.

I like the decor inside, it's bright and cheerful, just like the friendly woman who was working there every time I visited. The food is unbelievable and the smoothies are great as well as healthy.

I didn't think anything could top the Portabello Mushroom panini or my fave the Turkey Artichoke Pesto panini but I discovered today that I have a new fave...I tried the Chicken Salad and it is amazing!

I've tried a couple of the smoothies and I love that they don't taste like they're full of added sugar. They are so much more healthy than a lot of the popular chains.

There is also an interesting variety of ice cream flavors available. I think it's great that they use a local ice cream company, I think it's called Working Cow.

I can't wait to go back for lunch sometime soon :)

Pros: Healthy & delicious food, Friendly staff, Happy interior
ilanstermonster
ilanstermonster

Small but yummy

4 Posted on 12 / 27 / 2007

This little cafe is still pretty new but it was very tasty. They offer alot of vegetarian, a little vegan, and almost all organic/natural food, as well as ice cream from The Working Cow, fruit and veggie smoothies and coffee. The menu consisted of a soup of the day (lentil for that day), salads, wraps, panini, cold sandwiches When I went, there was just one woman working behind the counter and she was very friendly and informative as well as willing to make whatever substitutes I wanted. I will definitely be making a trip back there.

Pros: Locally Owned, Mostly Organic, Friendly Staff
Cons: Ambience, Sort of hard to find

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Green Eatery: