Green Earth Vegan Cuisine

Pasadena vegan restaurant offering a wide variety of cuisine. Features Vietnamese soups, Asian stir frys, pasta dishes, veggie burgers and sandwiches, soups, fresh juices, and more. Uses biodegradable take out containers and some organic ingredients. Causal nice. Street parking. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, American, Vietnamese, Juice bar, Take-out
37 S Fair Oaks Ave
Pasadena, California 91105
626-584-0268

Open Sun-Mon, Wed-Thur 11:30am-9pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-10pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by delilah71
earthville
earthville

Good food, good vibes

5 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2014

Green Earth is a comfortable place offering an eclectic mix of Asian and western dishes, with warm service in an environment of relaxed elegance.

We very much appreciate the use of organic ingredients.

The only downside is that parking in this area can be a challenge, but that isn't the restaurant's fault.

Recommended. Enjoy!

Pros: Eclectic menu, organic ingredients, warm and personable service
Cons: parking can be a challenge
MicheletheTrainer
MicheletheTrainer

AMAZING Flavors and Food Here & Great Atmosphere!

5 Posted on 06 / 11 / 2014

Green Earth is just an amazing place. My favorite thing here is not just the Pho, it's actually the Pho broth. I'm a food snob and the command of flavors in that broth are unparalleled. Exceptional to find this quality in a VEGAN Pho (most Pho masters are omnivore. Here you have a fabulous msg and meat free Pho!) Their other soups are amazing too (Curly Zoodle Soup with Cilantro and Zucchini noodles, Potato Chowder Soup, Won Ton). Start out with the Spring and Summer Rolls, they are both excellent and of course they did not miss the basil. They have a green mango smoothie (Groovy Green) that presents like a sherbert with a boba straw...really delicious. Great Salads too! I've tried everything from the Meatball Sandwich to the Three Flavors, which is very popular as is the burrito. Excellent service. Don't miss this gem!

Pros: Soup
HiromiAono
HiromiAono

good place to treat yourself

4 Posted on 11 / 17 / 2013

I stopped by there for afternoon tea with my friend and their vegan cheese cake was so tasteful. it became my guilty pleasure right away.

Ryan MTB
Ryan MTB

Classy Vegan Restaurant

5 Posted on 06 / 03 / 2013

Ahhh, what a relief to be able to relax & order anything on the menu without asking lots of questions, debating the honesty of the server, and asking them to take this out, please put that in instead, etc. etc.! I've eaten here several times and the food is always great quality & awesomely delicious! It's also a very classy upscale atmosphere- not hippy at all. The employees are always very friendly.

Pros: Classy, Great Food, Friendly
Theodoro
Theodoro

a good unusual visit

4 Posted on 11 / 07 / 2012

it's not common to visit a restaurant and not buy food there. Well, I bought food, but not the way people usually do. I was kind of waiting for my bus to return to my hotel and I saw this restaurant in Pasadena which I think it's the only one written "Vegan" on the sign outside the house.

the clerk was a bit confused on why i was not ordering any food or snack. The point I was going to a party afterwards and then not so looking for good amount of food.

However, I got organic mint tea, which I love it, and I also bought vegan chocolate, which is sooo delicious.

I could feel the ambience was good, and menu looks varied and fair-priced.

The lady who served me was so friendly, lovingly insisting for me to stay and have some food there.

I also could see they sell veggie, non-alcoholic wine there.

Pros: on main avenue, near bus stop, friendly staff, good quality products
Cons: no cons, nothing, none
Pete- old energy
Pete- old energy

Vast Menu, Good results

4 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2012

On a trip to our least favorite area of the United States (LA), my wife and I were pleased to find this little restaurant in one of the loveliest cities of the LA basin. The menu was not only huge, but the food was good. What we chose was not necessarily the best choices, but we were so hungry that we decided on a great deal pasta and bread, with greens as supplements. I actually had fried sweet potatoes and they were "yummy". My wife was not as impressed with her dish of burrito and crumbled soy, but she says that it was a poor choice for her and had nothing to do with the quality of the dish. The waitress was knowledgeable and helpful, and we found it relieving that we were able to eat a fine meal that we had total confidence with regarding the contents.

Pros: Selection, Service, Preparation
Cons: Location near construction (temporary)
GabrielleGumption
GabrielleGumption
  • herbivore

delicious & filling

4 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2012

I ate the Three Flavors, which was delicious but I usually avoid tofu, TVP, and fake meats. It was served on a big plate and the veggies were chopped in large pieces, so the meal looked very small when it arrived, but it filled me up quick. My dad ate the Curried Tofu Scramble and we shared the crunchy egg rolls, which were all scrumptious. Not the healthiest vegan food I've had, but certainly not the least healthy. I highly recommend the food, atmosphere, and service.

Pros: service, taste, portion for price
Cons: emphasis on meat substitutes
Ginita
Ginita

green earth

4 Posted on 04 / 24 / 2012

Lots to choose from on the menu. They were out of a few things, but it was not a problem since there was so much more to order from. Service was great even though there were a lot of customers. I had the fettuccine which was very good but slightly sweet and my friend had the burrito which was excellent! (I stole a bite.) Simple environment, but relaxing and satisfying.

Pros: great food
HealthyFoodFan
HealthyFoodFan

Hot & Sour soup

5 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2012

I love the hot & sour soup at Green Earth - have tried other dishes but the soup is my favorite! The restaurant is right off of Colorado Blvd in a great shopping area - a perfect stop to recharge one's batteries between shops! A friend ate there for Thanksgiving and said it was a wonderful and memorable meal.

Pros: Nice restaurant - great location, All vegan menu
Chia
Chia

Good Food and Cakes

5 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my Green Earth Vegan Cuisine review.

This vegan restaurant opened for business in early June 2010. It's affiliated with their same name restaurant in Canada (Toronto).

The interior is very nicely designed with a warm welcoming and relaxing vibe. Simple yet elegant. Causal nice.

When we went, we were a party of four. Took us a while to decide on what to get because the menu is quite extensive and cuisine varied, features both Western and Asian cuisine. We ended up with:

1. A starter plate of perfectly cooked and salted edamame (soy beans inside green shell).

2. Thai tom yum soup, a tomato based soup infused with lemongrass and chili, cooked with fresh veggies and tofu. It was awesome. Full flavors and spices, little-medium spicy, the BEST tom yum soup I've ever had, even better than ones I've had from a Thai food restaurant!

3. The lasagna, made with fresh veggies, red bell pepper, eggplant, and soy fish, topped with melted daiya brand vegan cheese. Served with a generous portion of baby salad greens and a piece of toasted bread. The lasagna itself was filling and very tasty.

4. The green curry, Thai style with fresh veggies and tofu. This dish was just okay for me because I wasn't in the mood for curry. However, 2 of my friends really liked it. I will say that the veggies are fresh and the green curry saucy had a pleasant, slightly sweet taste.

5 And, the BEST sampler of vegan desserts EVER. The four of us shared the chocolate cake, almond-chocolate cake, vanilla cheezcake, and chocolate cheezecake. We loved them all. Each piece of cake tasted so fresh and so moist. I especially loved the chocolate cake. My husband savored the cheezcakes, which were different from other vegan cheezcakes we've had. The ones served here is more like New-York style cheesecake that's very thick and rich in consistency.

Recommended when in the Pasadena Old Town area.

Pros: awesome dessert cakes, fresh food, nice space
chobesoy
chobesoy
  • herbivore

classy little place

4 Posted on 10 / 12 / 2011

I like how it's a bit more upscale than many vegan places (as much as I love veggie joints) however, with the ambiance and Old Town locale comes the prices which are a little high for what you get. Yes, very good and tasty, but portions are small. We ordered the dishes that the waitress recommended as favorites and enjoyed them. I would like to go back and try some other dishes another time.

Pros: tasty , ambiance, service
Cons: portion size
SiaEra
SiaEra

Tasty and convenient location

5 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2011

My fiance and I came here with my brother who is a carnivore but interested in possibly becoming vegetarian or even vegan. The service was fast and we were very excited to find a vegan restaurant near Old Town Pasadena. I ordered the chicken fettuccine, which was delicious. I know it is extremely hard to make a good fettuccine that's vegan, and they have mastered it. I tried some of my fiance's California chicken wrap and my brother's meatball sub, which were both very flavorful. This has to be the best vegan restaurant in Pasadena. The prices were moderate, not too expensive. The server was friendly and attentive. We will be sure to visit next time we are in town. I will still give it 5 stars despite the limited street parking because the food is still so good.

Pros: Good variety, vegan, great location
Cons: Limited street parking
jennamichelle1
jennamichelle1

Want to love it, but....

3 Posted on 06 / 07 / 2011

We've gone twice and still haven't found anything we liked. They have a lot of fake meats and tofu, so if that's your cup of tea you'll probably enjoy this place. We'd been told to try the bruschetta, but it tasted like mayonnaise and it made us want to gag. The potato chowder wasn't thick like we'd expected, and burrito had too much fake meat. We did enjoy the nachos, but I don't think I'd go there again for nachos.

We'll probably try it a few more times in the hopes that we've just been picking the wrong items. I've been to other restaurants though where I felt the flavors were more spot on.

The restaurant staff is great. They forgot to put in our order once, we didn't mind. They gave us a discount on our meal without us even asking them to. Not a lot of restaurants would have done that unless the table complained.

Pros: wait staff
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Best service I've had in a long time!

5 Posted on 05 / 18 / 2011

We wondered in here after a visit to Huntington Library Botanical Gardens. We figured we could get steamed rice and veggies since most items are stir fried, but noticed a note on the bottom of every page of the menu saying they cater to all food requests so we hit them up for a no oil dish and they really delivered! The orange sauce is DELICIOUS and oil free. They let us pick what ever veggies we wanted and it was so so so so good! I wish Pasadena wasn't so far away. The restaurant is also very nice. The booths are really comfortable! Its my #1 stop in Pasadena from now on!

Pros: orange sauce, impeccable service
vegboy2009
vegboy2009

New Pasadena fave!

5 Posted on 01 / 29 / 2011

My father, who is NOT a strict vegetarian, loves this place. Can't stop talking about it. It's great to have a place to take him when I come to visit in Pasadena that we both like. Service is friendly, food is great, and it's a very comfortable atmosphere. A+

Pros: Great food., Friendly service., Good selection.
Josh
Josh

I can't wait to try more dishes

5 Posted on 10 / 17 / 2010

I had the Mongolian Delight and it was one of the best vegan dishes I've ever had. The sauce is delicious. If you like meat substitutes, this dish is perfect. For dessert I had the chocolate cake. The piece was about three times the size I expected and it too was great.
There is free parking for 90 minutes at the garage across the street. I went a few minutes over but it was still only two bucks.
The staff there is very friendly and attentive and extremely helpful if you need help choosing from the menu or you need information about the ingredients.
I highly recommend Green Earth in Pasadena.

Pros: Delicious food, Staff is great, Pleasant ambience
Cons: A little pricy
seattlemarie
seattlemarie

A Wonderful Meal

5 Posted on 09 / 18 / 2010

I really enjoyed the food at Green Earth. The menu has a wide variety. Since we were visiting from Seattle we decided to make a meal of a bunch of appetizers to try things out. The quesadilla was a favorite. Their soups were also very good. The service was a bit slow but I think that can be a good thing, rather than being rushed out of the place we were able to enjoy a leisurely dinner. I'm always happy when I take a non-veg to a restaurant and they love it, this was the case with my niece. Nice atmosphere, friendly staff. I will return on my next visit to Old Town.

Pros: Variety, Friendly Staff, Atmosphere
y528s
y528s

Friendly, good food and a great setting

5 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2010

Not only is this set in the awesome heart of Pasadena, the food is amazing. Their new lunch special (until 2pm) is just $8.50) and I love their chow mein, vegan meatball sub, and their tofu curry.

Whoever they have in the kitchen knows exactly what they are doing, and the staff are warm and inviting.

I'm a big fan and this completes a visit to Pasadena every time.

Pros: Authentic Flavors, Setting, Staff
Zelda
Zelda

I will be a regular patron

4 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2010

I finally got to try out this restaurant. I live walking distance from Old Town so the location is wonderful. On my first visit I decided to go for comfort food. The spring rolls were fantastic. When they first came out they looked a bit greasy, as they were fried, but they weren't at all. They were crisp and light tasting with a nice light dipping sauce. I was indifferent about the chicken sandwich. I could have made the same in my own kitchen, but good to know I don't have to. I look forward to my next visit and trying some other dishes as I feel confident I can explore the menu and not be disappointed by anything. Can't wait to discover all my favorites!

magicrabbits
magicrabbits

Great food, friendly service

5 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2010

The food was fantastic. We had the Lasagna, layers of wonderful vegetables with a sauce your italian grandmother would love. Also, the no-chic parmesan. Tasty and also a wonderful sauce, potatoes and fresh beans. Lots of food, not little bitty portions some restaurants serve. We tried the potato-corn chowder. Satisfing and rich. We took home a piece of cheesecake and enjoyed it the next day with some fresh fruit we had in the frig. Really good and rich.
We talked to the owner. He was friendly and asked how everything was. He was defintely interested in making sure our dining experience was good.

I would highly suggest Green Earth Vegan Cuisine, as a good value, prices were right on, and food was very good. We live in Bakersfield and will definetly put this on our list of restaurants to go to when we're visiting the area.

Pros: excellent food, good value
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

Friendly service

4 Posted on 06 / 23 / 2010

Dirk and a non-vegan friend checked out Green Earth today. They had friendly attentive service in a clean location. They shared the nachos as an appetizer, which were only average (decent chips, but not many toppings - however it was less than $5). Dirk had a really tasty pho for an entree. His friend had the portobello burger and really enjoyed it. They finished with fried banana rolls and ice cream. The menu is fairly priced and cheap parking is available a block away. Overall, a good place and Dirk would return.

Pros: Friendly staff, Fair price, Easy parking
rcyoder
rcyoder
  • non-vegetarian

Yum! A new favorite.

5 Posted on 06 / 20 / 2010

Our server was very helpful in pointing out favorites. (My wife gets overwhelmed with choice when we dine at a vegan restaurant.)

My 9 year old daughter was raving about the food, and she, like most kids, is picky. The lemonade was very tasty without being too sweet. We had the avocado salad which had a wonderful dressing on it. We also had the '3 flavors' tofu and a pasta dish. All of the food was very yummy.

A nice enough place for a date night, but kid friendly if you are there early. There were 2 other families with kids in the restaurant when we dined there in the 5 pm hour.

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Friendly staff
righteous_krill
righteous_krill

Slow service, good food.

4 Posted on 06 / 07 / 2010

My friend and I waited an unfortunate amount of time before anybody took our order, but it was clear the restaurant was understaffed and not expecting nearly every table to be full. The servers were very polite when they finally got to us, and were full of recommendations. I ordered the chick'un parmigiana, and my friend ordered the gourmet burrito, both of which were delicious. The food was good enough to make up for the ridiculous wait. We ordered a slice of cheesecake for dessert, and it was probably the best cheesecake I've had since going vegan--not too sweet, not too tart. I would definitely go back, but I'd recommend they hire several more staff members.

Pros: Great food, Delicious cheesecake
Cons: Understaffed, Long wait
  • Chia Chia

Yea, we all LOVED the vegan cheesecakes, too.

delilah71
delilah71

Not very good...

2 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2010

I had high hopes for this place. The owner told me they make everything to order, but I kept hearing the beeping of the microwave... I asked for a recommendation and ordered the chick'un parmesan. The best thing about it was the sauce and daiya cheese. The chicken itself was very tough and hard to cut, the mashed potatoes and green beans it came with were bland. I would not go back.

Pros: Big menu, Nice owner
Cons: Bland food, Beeping of microwave
  • Chia Chia

Too bad for your experience. You might try going back at a later date when they work out their kinks, as brand new restaurants would encounter such. My friends and I fully enjoyed our meal at Green Earth.

Dear Owner and Manager of Green Earth Vegan Cuisine: