Organic produce, vitamins. more-less
50 E Main St (Rte 25, near Roanoke)
Riverhead, New York 11901

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Fredknows

Posted on 06 / 03 / 2013

Outdated books and VHS videos, expired foods, $5.00 bars of soap, and he will sell you "Himilayan Black Salt" at $11./ bag which will "cure all."...or whatever ailment you have. Read up on this item on Internet and you will find it to be a SCAM. It is from Pakstan salt mines & often mixed with toxic agents. Also, as he sells you pink salt, this is NOT Himalayan BLACK salt at all. Beware the callous indifference this man has about selling you foods with an EXPIRED EXPIRATION DATE, as he has done for years. This is not the act of a nurturer, who cares bout you. Personally, I will hop in my car and drive to Hampton Bays, NY (approx ten miles) to shop at Wild By Nature, a beautiful, though also at times pricey store with an enormous variety of vegan/vegetarian, cruelty-free and healthy goods! Actually, i compared prices of some items from Green Earth Grocery, and Wild by Nature won, hands down! If I cannot find something I want there, then I will shop on the Internet, especially at caring vegan stores...rather than give my money to someone who provides false information and an exceptionally poor selection of goods. This Riverhead, NY store has tables in back, but oddly very little food at all. Overpriced. Seriously lacking. I have no idea how he stays in business! "Grocery store"?? Where are the groceries??? I had to go to Stop & Shop for Nayonaise, dried cranberries, veggie burgers, chick peas, non-GMO cereal and almond milk! I wanted to support my local 'health food store' but I cannot support such a disrespectful attitude towards consumers. :-(

Pros: It's open, They sell some organic produce, Location
Cons: Overpriced and hugely under stocked, Gives highly questionable advice, Outdated materials

Great organic green juice

Posted on 07 / 11 / 2012

Not much for sale in the store as you would expect. Has books, tshirts, coconut waters, spices and some produce. On the other hand, if you are looking for your green juice or plant-based protein smoothie fix, this is a good place to stop. Several choices available. Owner makes them fresh, friendly service

Pros: Quaint, Organic produce, Fresh organic juices & wheat grass

This place is not as advertised

Posted on 09 / 05 / 2011

He stopped at this health food store and cafe based on the menu on it's website, which promised many vegetarian/vegan options for lunch. What we found was a health food store with a cafe in the back that had almost no food at all in it's cafe display case and none of the menu items on it's website available. My spouse reluctantly had a green juice made from vegetables of a questionable age that did not taste right.

Most of little food/snacks on the shelves were expired, some covered in dust.

This place has obviously seen it's better days in the past and god knows how it is even in business anymore.

So if you are from out of the area like we were and looking for a place for a health food meal or some packaged health food, beware: this place has none.

Pros: It's there
Cons: It has little Heath food, Place looks worn and food old or expired

Dear Owner and Manager of Green Earth Grocery: