All organic juice bar, specializing in organic juice cleanses. more-less
1880 N Damen (W Armitage)
Chicago, Illinois 60647
773-292-4393

Open Mon-Sun 7:30am-6pm.

First Review by SynthVegan
happycowgirl
happycowgirl

Loved it

5 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2011

I had a better experience here than Synth did. Maybe it was b/c I went with the juices instead of the smoothies. Or maybe I just got lucky. In any event, if you love cilantro, Green Corner makes a drink called "Green Dream" with Cilantro, Avocado, Kale, Lime Juice, Apple Juice and Pineapple ($7). It was mind-blowing deliciousness. I mean, you know those occasional few veg*n items that you'll try for the first time and you feel like "Damn! Where has this been all my life?" You almost feel deprived for not having discovered or been able to eat it sooner. That's how I felt when I recently had my first Sweet&Sara marshmallow and how I felt long ago when I had my first taste of seitan. Anyway, I digress.

Also fantastic is the Superfood Supreme with blueberries, kale, spinach, pineapple and apple juice ($7). I had high hopes for the King Kong made with bananas, chocolate hemp protein and coconut water ($7) but it wasn't as tasty a treat as it sounded. It was good but nothing to write home about.

Green Corner also had a number of homemade, pre-bottled juices in the cooler. When I went they were all Secret Squirrel - not labeled with names or descriptions so I grabbed one and it was fantastic.

The menu on the Green Corner's website is outdated. Most of her drinks are vegan now. I'm holding the menu in my hand - she has 21 signature drinks and only 4 contain yogurt. The only milk I see in any of the drinks is almond milk. All drinks are $6, 7 or $9.

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Green Corner

3 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2011

I gave Green Corner (GC) a shot yesterday and headed in to try a smoothie. GC was pretty easy to find, just look for the bright green juice bar located on a corner of Damen/Cortland. The interior was clean/bright with fruit located along the walls (neat!). We decided to try the Juicy Lucy ($8) and thought it was alright, we probably wouldn't pay that much for it again. We liked that it was all natural and made solely with fruit/veggies, however it was just missing something. They also didn't fill the smoothie up all of the way, a pet peeve of my bf I suppose, but it wasn't filled up enough to the point that I to was a little irked.

A couple positives to note is that they can make any drink that is not vegan, vegan. I was told that they also carry things like almond milk so that anything made with yogurt could easily be made vegan. For being open for a short amount of time, they seem to have many regular customers. I'll likely try this again, but may opt for the juices over the smoothies. 3.5 Cows

Dear Owner and Manager of Green Corner: