CLOSED: Green Break Vegan Shop

All vegan shop stocking cereals, cooking ingredients, vegan cheeses, vegan sausages, frozen food, snacks, vegan cosmetics, and more. JULY 2013 REPORTED SHUT. more-less
Calle Segovia 17
Madrid, Spain 28005

Open Thur-Sun 11.00-14.00, 16.30-20.30.

• Cash only

First Review by mininanina
EthicRanger
EthicRanger
  • raw

take away delivery

Posted on 02 / 04 / 2013

brilliant idea

offering packages of food to deliver

Pros: a lot info on entry
Fer
Fer

Go up girl!

Posted on 01 / 24 / 2013

A very friendly and encouraged girl who decide open a full vegan business in this crisis times. Small place with great products and other that must be improved. Cheap prices and reasonable quantity. I suggest to support her initiative to be day by day much better.

Pros: Full vegan, Very friendly, Cheap
vegancharlie
vegancharlie

friendly but......

Posted on 11 / 21 / 2012

i really really wanted to like the food here after the good reviews & after chatting away with the gorgeous & friendly owner while she made our food, but it simply just wasn't very good food.
my boyfriend really didn't like his burger which he says was tasteless, cheap & messy. i had the bocadilla de tortilla with some vegan mayo & tomato sauce & it was fine but again, nothing to rave about.
BUT i give the beautiful owner props for opening a little vegan take-away shop in madrid, let alone spain. its so important that there are places like this for us vegans - ESPECIALLY in spain! i hope this constructive criticism can somehow help her to up her game & give the food a little more love? i would go back just because she was so lovely & also to try the vegan waffles!

Pros: cheap-ish, completely lovely owner
Cons: plastic take-away waste, food needs more love!!!

ZadieCentanaro
ZadieCentanaro

best vegan place in Madrid

Posted on 11 / 18 / 2012

When I was in Madrid, I found this vegan take away which now I am a big fan. The owner is very friendly and sweet. She is the one that makes all the tasty dishes they have. I have tried their lasagna and I must say its delicious. They have a great variety of desserts; their Tiramisu is amazing. The prices are fair and the food is great. It was nice to find a traditional spanish dish such as the spanish omelette/tortilla de patata. If you are visiting Madrid and looking for a place to eat vegan this is what I consider the best option.

anarchistanimal
anarchistanimal

Great little take-away

Posted on 11 / 09 / 2012

This cute shop will delight you for sure! There are lots of tasty dishes and desserts to choose from, all made with love by the owner/chef who will happily chat to you when you're there. She'll also recommend and explain anything as you wish. A lovely experience! I've tried the quinoa, hummus, tortilla, potato salad, and a dessert. It was all delicious! The shop has standing room only, but there are lots of plazas nearby where you can sit and enjoy your food while watching Spanish life.

Pros: Delicious, Made with love, Friendly
Cons: Standing-room only, Take away containers are wasteful
RobBertels
RobBertels

Lots of treats made with love

Posted on 11 / 08 / 2012

This is a wonderful gem of a takeaway tucked away in central Madrid. Eva is a positive and open person who makes some great creations. From what I've tried, my personal favourites are the spiced quinoa, the vegan quiche and a melt-in-the-mouth tiramisu. I'll be back soon for a juice! Highly recommended.

Pros: Delicious food, lots of choice, Warm and friendly reception, Fairly priced
Cons: Non-recyclable packaging
OwenTang
OwenTang

La comida muy rica!

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2012

I have to say that this place is absolutely fantastic. The owner is also very sweet and speaks English very well. Do not hesitate to try here because the humus is great (I always get it) and so is everything else. It is homemade as well, which can be difficult to find here. The prices are very reasonable but I tend to spend more because I like the leftovers.

Updated from previous review on Wednesday November 07, 2012

Pros: Great food, homemade, Sweet owner, friendly, Has much variety
Cons: Location can be a small walk from the metro
PrisCat
PrisCat
  • fruitarian

EXCELLENT

Posted on 11 / 06 / 2012

I have gone to Green Break many times and I love the service and the food!!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, nice vibe
Cons: tiny
elninolisto
elninolisto

Super friendly, great

Posted on 11 / 04 / 2012

The Store Owner was super friendly and described everything to us. Every Item is self cooked or baked. We had the Lasagna and a meat pie which was both delicious. There was also cake, potato salad, pasta and quinoa. While we waited she let us taste the self-made hummus which was fantastic. A good beer and lemonade to go and we were happy. The prices are low and super fair and we will definitely come back when we are back in Madrid.

Pros: excellent food, super friendly staff, fair prices
NadiaZVegan
NadiaZVegan

A very good vegan take-away!

Posted on 11 / 03 / 2012

A take away near the Royal Palace where you can enjoy delicious vegan meals. We recommend the "perrito caliente" and also the "potatoes aioli", but we must say that it is all very good and very tasty. There is also a good selection of pastries.
A special mention to the friendliness of the owner: she makes you feel at home. Absolutely recommended!

Pros: excellent food , friendly staff , good value
veggie wedgie
veggie wedgie

Cute Place!

Posted on 10 / 13 / 2012

Green break is a great place to grab a bit on the go. The owner is super friendly and sweet. I tried the Spanish tortilla and it was delicious. I am waiting to go back to give the fresh waffles a try!

Pros: good value, friendly staff, nice vibe
Cons: no seating
RobinRavenous
RobinRavenous

MORE than just FOOD!

Posted on 10 / 13 / 2012

True, it's a tiny place, a "take away" but you will be welcomed with a big heart. The food is simply delicious and you will have a chance to eat through a variety of vegan treats. Eva is such a sweet person and lots of fun to talk to. It was the best start I could have had after a long travel to Madrid. If you like, you will get into conversations instantly and you leave the small place as a friend not just a customer.

Pros: delicious, 100% vegan , friendly vegan staff
Ruth Jenkins
Ruth Jenkins

Yummy!

Posted on 09 / 26 / 2012

Had a great visit there today. Lovely lady serving gave us gaspacho shots while we waited, and made us excellent burgers, which we snaffled with a lemonade in a plaza up the hill. We went back for waffles after with vanilla syrup and chololate - really satisfying. Like a spanish version of red veg (that used to be in London and Brighton).

Pros: delicious, fun, friendly
Cons: disposable packaging, no seating
Yupdidu Martita
Yupdidu Martita

very nice!

Posted on 09 / 16 / 2012

we went there to get prepared for a festival. the lady was really nice and got a little busy with us (well we came right after opening and ordered a lot...) we had croquettes, burger, hotdog and bocadillos. everything very tasty! maybe she could toast the bread of burger and hotdog before, but still it was great! there is no possibility to sit inside but we got some free gazpacho shots while waiting, so it was ok ;) finally i didnt ask but it seems that she makes all the food by herself and there is a lovely atmosphere, so we stayed happy all night long ;)

Pros: friendly service, tasty food
Cons: a lot of (plastic) waste, not much space inside
EmileKuijvenhoven
EmileKuijvenhoven

Nice small tale away!

Posted on 09 / 16 / 2012

Greenbreak is a nice small tale away shop. The food wad tasty for a godo price. You can eat it on the stairs leading to the "puente de segovia".

Pros: Food, Price, Area
turion
turion

Great, but maybe some quirks

Posted on 09 / 06 / 2012

The place is tiny, and it is a pure take away - there is no seating opportunity. Since it's a take away, you'll have to be prepared to produce a lot of waste.
That being said, one must say that the food is great. The hummus was spiced very interestingly, the gazpacho teems with freshness (I even got a little gazpacho starter for free), the cake was really chocolaty and satisfying. The only exception might be the burger, which was squishy and nearly fell apart, but still tasted really good (give it a try yourself, I'm sure the consistency is not like this always).
If they run out of anything (which occurs frequently, they will prepare it in front of you, which has a good side (freshness) and a bad side (it might take ages and your burger is already cold when you get the salad). If they had two people working at the same time instead of one, they might be able to reduce the long waiting times.

Pros: price, freshness, taste
Cons: take away -> waste, no seating, tiny place, long waiting times
jonga
jonga

vegan paradise

Posted on 09 / 04 / 2012

The best place for vegans (and not) in Madrid. There you can find a lot of things like hamburgers, spanish omelet, cakes, juices... and even raw food. Ver y good service and great atmosphere. Totally recomended.

Pros: variety, taste, price
Cons: small place, sometimes busy
mininanina
mininanina

delicious!!

Posted on 08 / 24 / 2012

lovely staff and tasty food!!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, downtown
Cons: a lot of people