Serves meat, veg options available. Coffee house with some vegan food offerings. Has a portobello mushroom panini, peanut butter and banana panini, soups, salads, rice and bean wrap, fair trade drinks. Soy milk is available. Offers a customer loyalty card. Wi-fi access with purchase. Open mic night every Thursdays. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Western, Non-veg
2320 Wyandotte St W, lower level
Windsor, Ontario N9B 1K4
519-997-4710

Open Mon-Wed 08.00-22.00, Thu-Fri 08.00-23.00, Sat 11.00-18.00, closed Sun.

First Review by _lawlipops_
bibliophile
bibliophile

Nice place to hang out

4 Posted on 06 / 19 / 2014

I checked out both of the branches - one on the University campus, the other downtown - and enjoyed both, athough I loved the atmosphere on campus.
You can come here and work or read while enjoying one of their coffee specialties (they have almond and soy milk).
I had their PB & banana panini three times - it's delicious. Veggie hummus wrap wasn't my taste entirely but it's filling.
Definitely recommend going here when in Windsor!

Pros: good food, awesome atmosphere
Cons: none
DJMToronto
DJMToronto

Pleasant vegan surprise in Windsor

4 Posted on 12 / 23 / 2012

We were visiting family in Windsor for three days and didn't expect many vegan options. We discovered Green Bean Cafe on Happy Cow and decided to try it with our omnivore hosts. They enjoyed their meaty paninas while we got a tasty and hearty vegan meal.

My partner and I each had a bowl of vegan chili (one of the daily specials). It was hearty and the servings were very generous. We also split a hummus and veggie wrap followed by a vegan brownie (shared by the whole table and evev the omnis were impressed!). We also had reasonable good espresso. (We are espresso fiends and quite particular. I would definitely rate their espesso above average.)

I think the biggest selling point is the relaxed ambience and especially the warm and knowledgeable staff. They are definitely respectful of vegans and made our experience great.

Pros: Great vibe, Nice staff, Tasty vegan options
_lawlipops_
_lawlipops_

Great atmosphere

4 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2012

I am a regular at Green Bean because it is spacious, they have a good menu, and they offer fair trade coffees. I recommend the rice and bean wrap (ask for no cheese/mayo) and many of their coffees taste great with soy milk. You can also get a WiFi voucher.

Pros: Menu selection, Atmosphere, Great staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Green Bean Cafe: