All vegetarian Chinese takeaway, offers mock meats in dishes. Has a vast menu with plenty of choices and dishes which are suitable for vegans. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Buddhist, Fast food, Take-out

vgeorgie
vgeorgie

Delicious Chinese Takeaway Served with a Smile

Posted on 06 / 08 / 2014

I was really pleased to discover this hidden gem in Norwich as there isn't any other Chinese Takeaway open late which is all vegetarian. As a vegan, I was eager to try it out and I wasn't disappointed. The outside of the shop and even the menu looks deceptive, as there are no clues that the venue is vegetarian. But on closer inspection of the menu you are able to recognise the that the dishes are beef 'style' or chicken 'style' etc.I had to double check at first! I think this is an excellent way to present the place as that way meat-eaters don't easily dismiss the place. The only downside is that veggies and vegan are more than likely to assume that it is a meat-serving takeaway. I'm glad that this is now advertised on here so veggies are more aware of its existence. The owner is ever so friendly and she was more than happy to check that the dishes we wanted were vegan. She even prepared a special fried rice, without eggs and added goji berries. The menu has a vast selection, all the typical Chinese takeaway style dishes, but made with mock meats. We had sticky 'ribs', fried rice, 'chicken style 'balls and 'prawn style' sweet and sour. All very delicious and freshly prepared. We will visit again when we next fancy a treat. The food is inexpensive and there are set meal deals to chose from. The shop is also open late which is great as Loving Hut, which also sells Chinese food, closes very early at 4pm. I'm so glad I found out about Great Wall. The owner, a vegetarian also, seems very passionate about the food and she deserves the recognition.

Pros: Authentic Chinese, minus the meat!, Friendly owner, Inexpensive and vegan options
Cons: Does not deliver

Dear Owner and Manager of Great Wall: