Vancouver vegan restaurant serving all plant-based cuisine. Opened May 2013. Prices moderate and up. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan, Western, Canadian, American, Beer/Wine

First Review by djoe

Delicious Desserts!

5 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2014

I would highly recommend the scrumptious vegan apple pie and rich and refreshing vegan vanilla ice cream at this fine vegan restaurant. I will have to come back an try the main courses, which I have heard is excellent.

Pros: Excellent desserts

Nice for a Date Night

4 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2014

The ambiance of this place is great for a special occasion or romantic night out. It would be too expensive for me to frequent regularly if I lived in the area, but I did enjoy my night out there. The menu is not huge, and the entrees favor more vegetables and grains than proteins. I ordered crepes which were filled with tempeh and grilled veggies over wild rice, which I thought was fantastic. This was the only soy protein dish on the menu, other than the option of adding smoked tofu to the mac and cheese. The desserts were good, although my husband's Canadian cream cheesecake was not as flavorful as expected. All in all it was a nice meal in a nice setting, and I would go back.

Pros: Tasty entrees, Nice place for a special occasion
Cons: Limited entrees with tofu/tempeh/seitan, Kind of pricey

Great interesting food, too noisy

4 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2014

Loved the kale salad, mac and cheese, good wine selection, interesting food options, nice decor, competent staff - a great new addition to the short list of vegetarian restaurants. The only failing is that the hard surfaces make it noisy even when there is hardly anyone there (we were eating late).

Pros: good food, reasonable prices, good staff
Cons: noisy

Good vegan food

5 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2014

Went with very high expectations. Most were met. Their cocktails are delicious! We had whiskey sour and dark & stormy. Loved them! The tasting plate was really good. But the entrees did not live up to my expectations. They were good but (IMO) not great. The desserts were delicious. Overall the bill was really high. The atmosphere was great. The service was fantastic. But the food was a little disappointing and at the end of the day, it's the food that matters. Still I would encourage others to go. It's great to have a high end vegan restaurant in Vancouver!

Pros: delicious cocktails, organic spirits and wines, nice atmosphere and great service

Will be back!

4 Posted on 01 / 14 / 2014

I visited Graze for my anniversary, and I was not dissapointed. I read on their menu that they had vegan pierogies, and while I was expecting a copy-cat version of a typical cheddar, bacon pierogy, instead was a delicious new type even better than I remembered. Now, thanks to Graze, I crave this dish and will be back soon to get it again! I feel like I may never venture outside of this dish and try the rest of their menu!

Pros: Friendly staff, Cute decor, Delicious food

fancy good vegan food

5 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2014

We were at graze recently with friends who are not even vegetarian . We all had wonderful meals and cleaned up our plates.
I had the 3 salad plate for starters and had to substitute the wheat portion for another no wheat app. Thus was not a problem and the staff are very knowledgable and polite.

I then had a gluten free crepe ( what a treat ).which was very yummy.

My husband had a apple and fennel salad that looked and tasted like nothing I have ever eaten.
He then had gluten free perogies with yam and eggplant and he said it was very delicious. ( I can't eat eggplant so I never tasted it )
Our friends had equally yummy food and said they would be back.

Pros: very fine food, different , very tasty
Cons: none

Difficult to Graze

4 Posted on 12 / 21 / 2013

Myself and my two kids went for a full dinner at Graze. We selected some things from the menu that were as different from the types of food we normally eat as we could in order to try something new. The assortment of appetizers we got were good - fun finger foods -- a few things tasted really great, but the fried chic-peas were too greasy - inedible. We did some meal switching as one person didn't like what they ordered at all. I can't remember what it was, it tasted weird, but I ate it. The There were some things that we didn't like at all, such as the faux-sour-cream -- yuck. If that's what real sour cream tastes like - no thanks - better to use veganaise or something like that. The desserts were really good too - if I recall, we had ice-cream or pudding. At the end, we were stuffed. Including tip, we spent $120. We had a good time and the kids thought it was a lot of fun; a really different style of restaurant than we've been to before (a real sit-down type of restaurant with modern decor etc.). It's like Yaletown meets vegan hipster; wine, stark-white plates, rustic meets modern-clean, that kind of thing.

Pros: Interesting dishes, Well prepared and tasty, Not downtown - easy access
Cons: A bit pricey, Some weird flavour combinations for us

Love It Love It Love It

5 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2013

I was at Graze twice and it's my new favorite place. Amazing service, very cute decor, EVERYTHING is vegan (which is not something you can say about the Acorn down the block...) and the FOOD! Oh it is so, so good. Every detail was thought through, everything goes together. The prices are really fair for the details/ portion size.

Pros: Amazing food, Great staff, Cute place

Trying way to hard

3 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2013

I agree with the comment below. We went here, excited to have a new vegan restaurant in town, and it was just okay. The owner was a little much, asking us about the food every 10 minutes, and the food was definitely not amazing. The dips were kind of bland as was the salad, but the perogies were quite good. They also charged us for more flatbread when we ran out of our 4 peices for 3 jars of dip. All in all it has an upscale appearance but doesn't deliver with the food.

Pros: perogies, appearance
Cons: pricey for okay food, over-excited staff

I really want to love Graze!

3 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2013

My favourite part of the meal was the Earnest ice cream for desert (not made in house)... and the chairs. The food and service were decent but it's just not (yet) the place to impress out of towners or dates (head on over to The Acorn or Grub for unforgettable vegan meals). Sure, the perogies *are* good but I think they'd do much better if they embraced the comfort food motif, lowered the prices, and created a more laid back atmosphere because it just doesn't seem like the chef is gourmet trained.

I really hope Graze keeps evolving and improving. When they change their menu I'll give them another go. So many 5 star reviews here I can't help but wonder if vegans are are just blinded by the fact that they exist (and not judging them based on merit).

Pros: some nice decor, sparkling water, service
Cons: overpriced, unimpressive food, cold atmosphere

this town needed a date place

4 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2013

love the look of this resto, large but intimate. they take reservations. perfect for date night and all vegan including the booze.

love the perogies and the appy plate.

Pros: takes reservations, decent portions, comfort food
Cons: a bit out of the way, slow service

delicious

5 Posted on 06 / 08 / 2013

Tried the tart and perogies, both delicious but the perogies were so good I can back 15 min after I left to get another order to go for the plane back to the states. most impressive were their sauces, which really make their dishes stand out from other vegan restaurants. I'd definitely come back.

Pros: sauces, excellent service, knowledgeable staff
Cons: over 3000 miles away from me

great find

5 Posted on 05 / 25 / 2013

I was excited to hear about an all vegan choice that I could visit while in Vancouver. I had the sliders and carrot cake and was blown away with the flavour and quality. This is a place you could happily enjoy with any of your non-veggie friends. The food stands up well no matter the diner. Amazing.

Pros: quality, all vegan menu, taste
Cons: location

I could Graze for Days!

5 Posted on 05 / 25 / 2013

I took a non-vegan friend for brunch today. I had the Pulled Seitan Waffle Sandwich with Bourbon-Pepper BBQ Sauce... it was really delicious and a massive portion. My friend ordered the buckwheat pancakes which she couldn't finish. I tried to help, but couldn't finish them either. They were the best pancakes I've ever had. The d├ęcor is relaxing, but casually elegant/funky. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The location is a bit out-of-the-way, but I hope the quality of the food will bring the crowds (both vegan and non) to enjoy Graze. It's great to see another vegan restaurant in Vancouver with both comfort and class!

Updated from previous review on Sunday May 19, 2013

Pros: great tasting food, comforting, friendly staff
Cons: location a bit out-of-the-way

Finally! Amazing vegan restaurant in Vancouver!

5 Posted on 05 / 23 / 2013

So excited that there is finally a higher end vegan restaurant in Vancouver. I am sick of those vegetarian restaurants that get your order wrong or don't know what's vegan! No need to ask questions about what's in the food at Graze, it's all vegan and organic and all homemade. Went there for their first brunch ever and the favours were amazing. We had the English breakfast, the pulled seitan waffle (half order, which was decent size) and the pastry board. Everything was freshly made and was delicious. They even made their own baked beans!
The only drawback was that the food could have been warmer when it arrived at our table, but as the restaurant just opened 4 days ago, I expect they will figure it out and fix this.
Can't wait to go back to try the evening menu, which has ravioli, perogies, mac cheese, and fermented nut cheeses and plenty more yummyness.
I hope they are successful and we can't wait to go back!
Updated from previous review on Sunday May 19, 2013

Went back tonight and had an amazing dinner. Had the antipasti with the nut and beetroot cheese. Oh that was so delicious. I love that they don't rely on soy for protein and texture. Great chefs!
Then perogies and ravioli and lemon and basil polenta cake. That was an amazing dinner. Portions are huge and I got my doggy bag home. Service is super friendly and efficient. Great place. I am sticking with my five for sure!

Pros: Amazing favours, Great deco and space, All vegan!!
Cons: Food needs to be a bit warmer
  • vegan frog vegan frog

You have to try their dinner menu too. Such complex flavours! Delicious.

• drschoen drschoen

I agree about some of the items on my plate being a bit 'room temperature' when I wanted them hot. But, as you say, they've just opened.

Great Mac n "Cheese"

5 Posted on 05 / 20 / 2013

We had a few items here and they were pretty decent but the Mac n "Cheese" was definitely a hit. We will go back just for that.

Dear Owner and Manager of Graze: