Grasshopper Restaurant

A changing menu offers a broad selection of meatless meals, snacks, sides, and fresh juices. Food is made-to-order. Lunch and dinner is served in a casual, contemporary setting. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Canadian, American, Western, International, Juice bar, Take-out, Catering
310 College St
Toronto, Ontario M5T1S2
647-340-3666

Open Mon-Thur 11:30am-9pm, Fri 11:30am-12am, Sat 12pm-12am.

First Review by CourtneyM
VeganGuyTO
VeganGuyTO

Very satisfied and will be back again

5 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2014

Fell in love with this place after the Live Green festival in July 2014. We had a bunch of appetizers including the rice ball, chicken-un nuggets w/ peanut sauce and beef n mushroom satays; all were delicious although I don't see the rice balls on the menu anymore which is too bad. Followed that up with the power kale n cabbage salad where we added cubed crispy breaded tofu and the ginger garlic soy dressing. Also had the pulled pork bahn mi sandwich w/ fries and finished off with the blueberry cheesecake. We were full and very satisfied. Staff was pleasant however the place is very small (but cute) so you may wait for a table on a Saturday night.

Pros: Great healthy choices, Serene decor, Mixed menu = something for everyone
Cons: Small location, Can be cold sitting by door
saveur
saveur

Cute resto

4 Posted on 06 / 12 / 2014

Of note: they only accepted cash or debit (not sure if it was a temporary thing)

I stopped by for a banana chai smoothie that was nice but a bit thin. At least it was cold and satisfied me in Toronto's summer heat.

I wish I had sampled more food - it sounds delicious!

SP
SP

good quality food, reasonably priced

5 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2014

This café opened about three months ago (in Feb. 2014). It has a lovely smart interior, with tables on one side and a bar running down the other. The lights are pretty cool.

We had the chicken-un nuggets to start with a peanut dipping sauce, which was really tasty and a good appetiser. We then had the miso vegetable bowl. The vegetables were perfect and the sauce absolutely fantastic. Definitely recommended. The spring salad was also very good, although the bold plum dressing had a bit of a kick as an aftertaste.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming, making suggestions on the menu choices. They were attentive, without being overpowering.

This place is definitely worth a try!

CourtneyM
CourtneyM

nice place!

4 Posted on 05 / 14 / 2014

Eat here the other day and I will definitely be back! Good quality food and I found the prices to be reasonable compared to the portions (going against TOs trend towards overpriced vegan food right now).
Had the fake chicken and pulled pork sandwiches and shared half of each. Both were real tasty, but I would say the chicken sandwich came out on top as my favourite. Real good! Had the sesame fries as the side for one and the kale salad on the other. Personally, I preferred the kale salad over the sesame fries as they got to be a bit much towards the end.
Didn't have a drink but it looks like there's lots to choose from. Fresh juices but also fancy cocktails. Will have to come back to check those out with another sandwich!

Pros: small place not great for big groups
Cons: quality food, open late, reasonable prices for Toronto!

Dear Owner and Manager of Grasshopper Restaurant: